AZB lost a good member today

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He was an immensely enjoyable, talented and kind man.

My sincere condolences go out to his family and many friends.

RIP,Steve E.

From the RatF@@Ker

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man what a shock! This has to be the reason he and Curly didn't make the SBE. It didn't make sense at the time and was really sorry we wouldn't get chat for a minute.

This is really sad news.

Curly, Hang in there. I know its tough losing a close friend. Give our condolenses to the family.

Tom

catpool9

"Rack Um"/ Rusty Lock
Silver Member
and i lost a good friend. Steve Elzinga my friend and steaming partner passed away today from lung cancer.

He helped a lot of people here on the forums and helped a lot of streamers get started and produce better streams.

His name here was sde and was Mi_billiards and sde on the streams. He will be missed. Hell i miss him already.

Steve was proud Veit Nam vet and will be buried with honors at the Ft. Custer memorial cemetery in Battle creek Michigan. Date not yet set.

He is survived by his daughter Jennifer. he was 63 last month.

I'm sorry that i can not do justice to his memory with my words as they are failing me at the moment.

Michael Christenson aka Steve's friend.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Mr.Steve, sde will be missed on the forums for sometime to come, he sure liked streaming pool events, I am glad that it caught on so well!, many thanks to him!

David Harcrow

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My best memories of Steve was when we would mosey up to the bar and solve all the worlds problems. He will be missed.

Perk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve was one of the good guys! We spoke online frequently and I looked forward to the rare opportunities to see him when he was streaming in different locations. The last time was VF last year at the 3C event. He will be missed. RIP

When Steve first got into the streaming he was testing his new equipment at the Breakroom in Grand Rapids. He took some video of myself and a friend of mine playing a match. Didnt think nothing of it until a year later he provide me a production like DVD with cover and all. It was a good touch and just a small example of his enthusiasm for the game and streaming at that time.

curlyscues

we're watching
Silver Member
Thank you for all the kind words.

The reason no one knew of this was due to the fact that Steve didn't know til a couple of months ago and when he did, he didn't want anyone feeling sorry for him.

When we got back from one of our streams in Chicago he told me he had something wrong with his back, at the time he thought it was a muscle spasm or a pinched nerve.

After a month or so of what he described as an annoyance, he noticed that it was getting worse and he took my advice to go to the V.A. to get checked out. (he did not have medical insurance) they sent him for some tests. He went to Ann Arbor V. A. hospital for a test and they kept him.
They told him he had at most 6 months.

He only told a couple of people and told us not to tell anyone. When he figured it was really not fair to us to try and not talk about him when asked. He told me he would make a post that we could use to refer people to that would explain the situation.

They let him go home after radiation treatments and physical therapy with hospice and a nurse to check in daily. After a week or so he moved in with his daughter and 2-3 days later he was gone. I am glad he was not alone in his last hours.

Jenn has been reading your words and would like to thank you all, and most likely will come on and do so when she feels more up to it and remembers her password.

M.C.

smokey

let's roll
Silver Member
i am very sri...

may he rest in peace

and i hope his family and friends know how much Steve was appreciated by folks like us here on az

my condolences

may he rest in peace...

sincerely,
miles

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve was a true mensch.......I had a lot of fun with him and Curly and altho I knew him for years it wasn't until we worked together that I really got to know and appreciate him. I don't think many of you know this but he is fellow NAM VET. He spent a year NW of Saigon as a 50 CAL gunner riding on top of an APC. Keep him in your hearts and remember him always.

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
and i lost a good friend. Steve Elzinga my friend and steaming partner passed away today from lung cancer.

He helped a lot of people here on the forums and helped a lot of streamers get started and produce better streams.

His name here was sde and was Mi_billiards and sde on the streams. He will be missed. Hell i miss him already.

Steve was proud Veit Nam vet and will be buried with honors at the Ft. Custer memorial cemetery in Battle creek Michigan. Date not yet set.

I'm sorry that i can not do justice to his memory with my words as they are failing me at the moment.

CURLY......what can I say...he called about 6 weeks ago after he was checked in at the VA in AA and as usual we talked for hours. Another good man dun gone........

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Rip

I am so very sorry for your loss, Curly and to his family and other friends, as well.

Steve and Curly generously donated their time and their abilities to putting on three fantastic live streams from Red Shoes. Straight Pool, Banks and One Pocket. They were there early and left late and barely left their posts.

I called Steve about a month or so ago and he told me about his health problems and that he had lost a lot of weight. He was going to go into the veterans hospital within a few days and I feared the worst.

He will be sorely missed.

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
If Heaven Has Pool...

I know Steve is streaming it, now. This is such sad, sad news! My heart is breaking over this. I know we haven't kept in touch for months, but Steve was special to us. You are too, Curly. Please take care of yourself. And, thanks for being such a good friend to Steve.

JesPiddlin

Silver Member

Leave it to Steve to leave this world on Friday the 13th! I will always think of him when that day comes around, now. It has always been a special day for me, but now, it will be even more special, for the good memories it will bring to my mind.

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
I was so shocked when I heard about this. Steve was such a giving man and I am at a loss of words about this tragic news.

He will be terribly missed. He had great passion and amazing talent.

My thoughts and prayers are with his friends and family during this very difficult time.

Fox

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My condolences to friends and family, he will be truly missed !

jimshovak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Curly,

Sorry for the loss. Steve was a nice man and he was so helpful doing the streams for us. Both of you. He will be missed. Thank you again to both of you for all your giving.

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
YA KNOW the odd thing izz that even tho ZINGER has left the planet he is still out there live streaming us still.....click on this link to see some of his finest work which of course makes him an immortal....something few of us can say.

MERCEDES HAVING FUN
http://www.youtube.com/​watch?v=wVvuOQZTCpQ

That is ZINGER on the right, a proud VIET NAM VET as am I. The fellow on the left in a VET also and I believe was with him when he left us....a sad day

Attachments

• LANSING LIVE STREAMERS MAY 2010.jpg
    LANSING LIVE STREAMERS MAY 2010.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 162

JesPiddlin

Silver Member
...Jenn has been reading your words and would like to thank you all, and most likely will come on and do so when she feels more up to it and remembers her password.

M.C.

Jenn...

Our heart pours out to you, right now. Steve was such a special man and we were so proud to know him. However, as much as he meant to us as a friend, I'm sure he was so much more to you. Last time we saw him was a year or two ago. He was coughing so badly, I was worried about him, then. But, he waved it off and kept on keeping on, like Steve always did. We were much busier than we had expected and did not get to visit with him, that trip. We stopped in one night after the show, but he was already gone back to the motel.

I still can't believe he's gone. He was always like a big brother to me, when he was around, whether it was online, or in person. He had our utmost respect in every way. He will be sorely missed.

May your path always be paved with the best of memories...