Help With Value Of Unknown Case and Adams Cue

NoDirtyHippies

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trying to help out a buddy with a value and identification of this cue and case

Thank you all for the help on identifying the cue and case..

Adams cue model number is A/H-37 "Galaxie"

Case made by Meucci

Better pics to come when the sun sets

20170831_053645.jpg
20170831_053706.jpg
20170831_053716.jpg
20170831_053731.jpg
20170831_053908.jpg

9da97ee1-c00e-4be6-9408-b3e2c672e234.jpg
20170831_053345.jpg
20170831_053332.jpg
20170831_053226.jpg
20170831_053416.jpg

Last edited:

LocalArtist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a Galaxie AH-37, I got the same cue. I paid 20 bucks for it but the blue books say 12-1300.

cue fix

Will "MONSOON" & SEARING!
Silver Member
I think the case may be a Meucci case. I think your cue is the AH-37 because it has ebony windows in the butt sleeve and brass rings which is the difference. I had one once. Nice looking cues

Last edited:

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
I think the case may be a Meucci case. I think your cue is the AH-38 because it has ebony windows in the butt sleeve and brass rings which is the difference. I had one once. Nice looking cues
The Phantom A/H-38 had an Rosewood forearm and butt.
The Galaxie A/H-37 had the Brass Rings and Rosewood trim on the boxes
The A/H-36 had silver rings and no red trim on the boxes.

From the "Blue Book of Cue Values"......

Level 7 A/H-36 "Corsair'
- Maple forearm with ebony-bordered mother-of-pearl dots above wrap, four long rosewood points with three veneers and mother-of-pearl dots and notched, diamond-shaped inlays with a maple splice at top alternating with three maple points with three veneers, ebony butt sleeve with four mother-of-pearl notched, diamond-shaped inlays each set in veneer-bordered ebony windows between rows of mother-of-pearl dots and metal rings.

Level 7 A/H-37 "Galaxie"
- Stained maple forearm with ebony-bordered mother-of-pearl dots above wrap, three long rosewood points with three colored veneers and mother-of-pearl dots and notched, diamond-shaped inlays with a maple splice at top alternating with three maple points with three colored veneers, rosewood butt sleeve with four mother-of-pearl notched diamond-shaped inlays each set in colored veneer-bordered rosewood windows between rows of mother-of-pearl dots and metal rings.

Level 7 A/H-38 "Phantom"
- Rosewood forearm with a pattern of mother-of-pearl dots and notched diamond-shaped inlays, rosewood butt sleeve with four mother-of-pearl notched diamond-shaped inlays each set in colored veneer-bordered ebony windows between rows of mother-of-pearl dots and metal rings.

Attachments

• IMG_1902.JPG
    IMG_1902.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_1900.JPG
    IMG_1900.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_1901.JPG
    IMG_1901.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:

cue fix

Silver Member
The Phantom A/H-38 had an Rosewood forearm and butt.
The Galaxie A/H-37 had the Brass Rings and Rosewood trim on the boxes
The A/H-36 had silver rings and no red trim on the boxes.

From the "Blue Book of Cue Values"......

Level 7 A/H-36 "Corsair'
- Maple forearm with ebony-bordered mother-of-pearl dots above wrap, four long rosewood points with three veneers and mother-of-pearl dots and notched, diamond-shaped inlays with a maple splice at top alternating with three maple points with three veneers, ebony butt sleeve with four mother-of-pearl notched, diamond-shaped inlays each set in veneer-bordered ebony windows between rows of mother-of-pearl dots and metal rings.

Level 7 A/H-37 "Galaxie"
- Stained maple forearm with ebony-bordered mother-of-pearl dots above wrap, three long rosewood points with three colored veneers and mother-of-pearl dots and notched, diamond-shaped inlays with a maple splice at top alternating with three maple points with three colored veneers, rosewood butt sleeve with four mother-of-pearl notched diamond-shaped inlays each set in colored veneer-bordered rosewood windows between rows of mother-of-pearl dots and metal rings.

Level 7 A/H-38 "Phantom"
- Rosewood forearm with a pattern of mother-of-pearl dots and notched diamond-shaped inlays, rosewood butt sleeve with four mother-of-pearl notched diamond-shaped inlays each set in colored veneer-bordered ebony windows between rows of mother-of-pearl dots and metal rings.

If you read it correctly the AH-38 says EBONY windows in the butt sleeve and the AH-37 say ROSEWOOD windows in the butt sleeve

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
If you read it correctly the AH-38 says EBONY windows in the butt sleeve and the AH-37 say ROSEWOOD windows in the butt sleeve
I think it's meant to say Rosewood Framed Ebony Windows.
A/H-38 had a Rosewood forearm.
Maybe it's A/H-36, but definitely Not a A/H-38.
Plus it looks like the A/H-38 had a single frame compared to the 36 and 37.

Last edited:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those are original adams joint protectors- i think they are rare- lost a pair that i once had.

cue fix

Silver Member
I think it's meant to say Rosewood Framed Ebony Windows.
A/H-38 had a Rosewood forearm.
Maybe it's A/H-36, but definitely Not a A/H-38.
Plus it looks like the A/H-38 had a single frame compared to the 36 and 37.

I apologize for my error as I was reading the description from below the cue in the book not above as I should have.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
It seems to be in great shape. I'm going to say $800 - $900 for the cue and $200 or so for the case, ebay or auction value. These fancy old Adam cues seem to be on the rise. I have not seen the Adam joint protectors before.

Last edited: