Floating Point cue ready for finishing

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
A Floating Point Cue - ready for finishing

Hi,

Here is a cue I am finishing that my good friend Jim Crisos drew up the design on an index card. Pretty Cool! 100% all wood cue. Inlays are Holly, Ebony and Padauk.

I worked with his design and was able create all of the individual inlay geometries for the parts very easily. The pockets for the butt and forearm however were cut as single long pockets and the parts were compensated to fit in there like a jig saw puzzle.

It worked out great and you never know anything until you try.

Good job to Jim on a very nice design, I really like it!

Can't wait to see how the woods pop after the finish is applied and buffed.

Rick

Last edited:

RoadHustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That there is a looker... nice work. Someone is gonna get pretty sick of talking about how nice there cue looks. Thats not a bad problem to have I suppose. :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not a fan of many floating point cues, but this one is tastefully done!
Finish her off with a black EE wrap..

ZiggyLee

I Love This Game!!!!
Silver Member
Sweet cue Rick.....

I'm not a big fan of floating points, but I will say that this cue looks great. I'm sure the new owner's going to like it. Great build Rick, Congrats enjoy your new cue.:thumbup2:

Chris:smile:

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
I'm not a big fan of floating points, but I will say that this cue looks great. I'm sure the new owner's going to like it. Great build Rick, Congrats enjoy your new cue.:thumbup2:

Chris:smile:

Thanks Chris,

I am not a biggest fan of floating point cues either, but liked this one because it was a completely wooden cue. As the coach always said, try to be good at all sports.

It was fun working on this design in the shop with my friend Jimmy Jam. :grin-square:

Rick

Tro

Insert Clever Title Here
Silver Member
I'm with everyone regarding my "usual" dislike of floating points.

This cue, however, I DO like :)

+1 on the design!!!!

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
This was Jim's favorite choice. Martin's Spanish Bull (textured) because the color matches the Padauk so well but Black EE would work very well too!

Last edited: