Outsville Ki-Tech Single Layered Tips

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hahah they won't be that high even in my dreams... Lee made the same comment the other day after he finally got to have one installed basing the $40 on Kamui getting $30 =) He's been like a big kid for a week now but I've been like that for a few months now since I finalized the processing... They won't be everyone's cup of tea but I see a need for a non-layered high performance tip for anyone who makes their living at the game..

I am supposed to be picking up a lathe soon where I can actually do my installs in my shop instead of driving to my cue maker's which will drastically speed up testing.... This means I should be able to do COR and Hardness tests while simulating life cycles of tips... Now I just need to find a good drawing of the old steam hammer they put up against John Henry to simulate play LOL... I intend to test and publish results on maybe a dozen tip brands in addition to my Ki-Techs.. Will be doing a poll to see which tips everyone wants to have included....

Right now since the advertising is word of mouth I will continue to offer the samplers likely until year end and until I have to raise pricing because of MSRPs and distributors I am keeping them as cheap as possible......

Chris

My Kamui Soft is at the end of it's life, down to just over 1 layer. Sent you an order for the sampler pack, if you can change the hard to another soft would be good, I don't like hard tips at all.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
My Kamui Soft is at the end of it's life, down to just over 1 layer. Sent you an order for the sampler pack, if you can change the hard to another soft would be good, I don't like hard tips at all.

Swapped it out before it hit the door... Will say this for the hard they sound and feel hard but they grip the ball pretty sporty... I was a firm believer in hard tips when I started down this road a few years ago... You couldn't pry the soft off my playing cue now tho... May be the change from 9/10 ball to 1pocket or actually taking the time to adjust...

Let me know what you think after you have had em installed....

Sharp tools are required as the Ki-Techs will dull a chisel quick and a dull chisel will tear the fibers instead of cutting them... Make sure they smooth the top when they shape them as well or you will have a fit getting the fuzzy fibers to settle in..

Chris

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Swapped it out before it hit the door... Will say this for the hard they sound and feel hard but they grip the ball pretty sporty... I was a firm believer in hard tips when I started down this road a few years ago... You couldn't pry the soft off my playing cue now tho... May be the change from 9/10 ball to 1pocket or actually taking the time to adjust...

Sharp tools are required as the Ki-Techs will dull a chisel quick and a dull chisel will tear the fibers instead of cutting them... Make sure they smooth the top when they shape them as well or you will have a fit getting the fuzzy fibers to settle in..

Chris

Thanks for the tips about the tips. Mike Webb has been putting on my tips I would hope he has sharp enough tools hehe. I'll make sure he smoothes them also if he has not installed one of these already. Can't wait to try them!

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Working on my facebook thing.... If any of you are on it would appreciate you going to Outsville Inc and liking it :thumbup:....

Figure about the time I catch up to internet technology It will change the next day.....

Chris

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
Working on my facebook thing.... If any of you are on it would appreciate you going to Outsville Inc and liking it :thumbup:....

Figure about the time I catch up to internet technology It will change the next day.....

Chris

Liked. :D

10char

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Chris

Just got them in the mail yesterday, pretty fast shipping!

They look great, can't wait till I actually have time to head down to Mr. Webb and have them put on, unfortunately there is no-one good enough I want to use for my tip work within 30 miles of me in either direction LOL.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
I'll probably order some more in the near future, Chris.

Might as well get them, while the gettin' is good. ;)

Still lovin' the Hard.

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
I'll probably order some more in the near future, Chris.

Might as well get them, while the gettin' is good. ;)

Still lovin' the Hard.

Honestly his tips are damn good. Still considering whether to get 25 pieces for USD100 from Chris.

Hoping there's a Christmas sale from him! :D

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
One already asked this but you didn't answer - can you send tips to Europe?

Alojz sorry I didn't see this before... It will really depend on where in Europe... let me know where and I will find out customs and shipping.. I can say no to Poland since they tend to lose my packages LOL

and thanks x and Petey glad you guys are still liking them... I may do something for an xmas special but will decide that next week...

Chris

Zbotiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
High praise

Alojz sorry I didn't see this before... It will really depend on where in Europe... let me know where and I will find out customs and shipping.. I can say no to Poland since they tend to lose my packages LOL

and thanks x and Petey glad you guys are still liking them... I may do something for an xmas special but will decide that next week...

Chris

.....maybe the crew here on AZ would find this interesting, Chris, I've probably installed about 90 or so, of these tips, so far, and not one complaint!!!
Customers with very diverse skill levels, too, from regional champion shortstops to pure novice bar table players, and every playing level in between and truly, not one single complaint, unheard of----?-----? :cool: You betcha!!!!

Muziq

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Order?

Chris,

Check your PM's. I placed my order two days ago and am waiting on you to confirm you received my PayPal payment.

Thanks,

Muziq

Roger Long

Sonoran Cue Creations
Silver Member
.....maybe the crew here on AZ would find this interesting, Chris, I've probably installed about 90 or so, of these tips, so far, and not one complaint!!!
Customers with very diverse skill levels, too, from regional champion shortstops to pure novice bar table players, and every playing level in between and truly, not one single complaint, unheard of----?-----? :cool: You betcha!!!!

That's a very good track record. I've got to get off my duff and order some of these tips.

Roger

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member

Chris

Awaiting good news from you! :D

Black Friday deals are killing my vitamin M. :(

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
That's a very good track record. I've got to get off my duff and order some of these tips.

Roger

The tips are doing well everywhere I have gotten several people to try them... I know they can't be perfect for everyone but they do perform....

I actually should try and get them out into the Knoxville area more since it's my home town but I usually leave the house without a single tip in my case. It's pretty funny actually but I learned a lesson with the Accu-Racks.. If someone knows you they just don't want to accept that you made something that works... I wonder if it's just pool-players or general human nature?

I'll be starting the December run tomorrow..Yeah I know... House full of peeps killed me on getting ANYTHING done... I can still do samplers and medium sized orders but larger orders may not ship until the end of the week... Had a run on the soft and mediums the last few days... If you already ordered I 100% have your orders ready to ship out early this week....

Chris

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
December production run is almost finished... I'll be running the samplers at least until the end of this month at $15.. Likely take them to $20 January first....

Accu-Racks are under revision and will likely ask for feedback on the changes when they are done...

Outsville Solid... Our new break tip, Is still on hold.. Had an equipment issue so the trial tips still have not gone out the door....

Racksmith and Paragon chalk are also on hold pending equipment purchases....

The girlfriend has been unemployed since July so capital investment amounts to mortgage, monthly bills, food, vodka and camel lights... Not necessarily in that order =)

I do have one project that I may push forward.. I have an App in mind for the droid and iphone that needs a programmer... I haven't taken programming since the days of fortran and no time to learn... If anyone knows a programmer who will work for percentage of profit and does phone apps put them in touch with me or vice versa...

Hooking the Mac up this weekend to start some of the design and video edit work that have to be done on my end to start rolling....

Keep the feedback coming...

Chris