My rail shot on video!

mamono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought the exact same thing, that cut can't be that impressive because its so close to the pocket! Outside english!!? HA! Guess I was fooled like everyone else until after you hit the CB, nice shot!

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
What a great shot

LOL..... I also thought that you were going to cut it to the left. What's the big deal? And then it went to the right pocket. Great shot.
Thanks for posting it.

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL I thought he was going to cut it in the left aswell. :grin-square:

I was thinking "WTF? this shot is super easy" I almost closed the window before it finished too lol

Junkyarddog

Kelly
Silver Member
LOL I was thinking WTF is he doing. That's not that hard of a cut and why is he using outside english. LMAO I found out as soon as you hit the Q ball. HAaaaaaaaaaaaa

NICE SHOT. :wink:

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking when I watched that. Good shot. Now how many attempts?

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
Apparently most people don't read the description of the video. I noticed it said inside english and cutting the ball 40" along the rail, so I didn't have any false impression about which way it was going.

Very nice shot; it's extremely difficult with the ball that far from the pocket. It's good to know this shot, but it's not good to use it much.

-Andrew

Jeff G. Martin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks guys.

I actually thought about cutting it into the opposite pocket first, then resetting up the shot...but thought for sure I'd lose 99% of the viewers at that point lol.

As for the number of takes, as you can see, I made it on my first shot. :rolleyes:

It actually didn't take long. After nailing it head-on quite a bit, I thought I'd try this. The FIRST shot...I nailed it...cue ball came back and hit the phone as I watched the ball go in. After four or five retakes, I got it.

I'm working on one diamond over. I've had it very close....but I think it's impossible.

RBC

Deceased
Great Shot!

Jeff,

Thats a great shot!

As Andrew said, I wouldn't shoot it with the money on the line unless I had to, but it's a great shot none the less.

Glad to see the OB-2 is working out for you! So for all those out there who weren't sure if this shot could be made with LD shafts, here you go!

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
Nice shot as everyone has said. I've seen Larry Nevel shoot that shot from the side rail across the side pocket into the corner.

...I wonder if there is ever a situation where this is the best percentage shot in a match? :rolleyes::rolleyes: