Fast Larry is my Hero. But where is he???

T

taylorsjoe

I miss the lame remarks, the "I know it all" attitude, his seemingly religious devotion to Bob Muecci, his stories about how he's done it all, his "I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread" demeanor. Yes, I miss the cheap shots toward cuemakers, his ideas like giving prisioners lathes and letting them crank out cues. I miss him telling us things like how he's the house pro at every pool room in Atlanta and how he can bank a ball 11 rails one-handed. I miss the personal attacks, him calling us all "Bozos", I miss the defender of everything ivory.

If he's been banned from this forum, PLEASE BRING HIM BACK. I now have nothing to look forward to. This forum has become as boring as...well....a typical billiard forum revisiting the same old issues like squirt and deflection.

I will make this one prediction, without Fast Larry, this place will not surive and we will all be forced back to usenet groups like RSB.

Damn-it, I miss you Fast Larry.

Last edited:
J

jacko

taylorsjoe said:
I miss the lame remarks, the "I know it all" attitude, his seemingly religious devotion to Bob Muecci, his stories about how he's done it all, his "I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread" demeanor. Yes, I miss the cheap shots toward cuemakers, his ideas like giving prisioners lathes and letting them crank out cues. I miss him telling us things like how he's the house pro at every pool room in Atlanta and how he can bank a ball 11 rails one-handed. I miss the personal attacks, him calling us all "Bozos", I miss the defender of everything ivory.

If he's been banned from this forum, PLEASE BRING HIM BACK. I now have nothing to look forward to. This forum has become as boring as...well....a typical billiard forum revisiting the same old issues like squirt and deflection.

I will make this one prediction, without Fast Larry, this place will not surive and we will all be forced back to usenet groups like RSB.

Damn-it, I miss you Fast Larry.
I hear you, I hate RSB, you can get flamed there in a heart beat if you say the wrong thing. The one handed 11 rail bank is for real, he got into ripleys for that. I have the guys video tape, he actually does it 11 rails one handed back to back, two in a row, on both a 9' pool table and a 10' billiard table. go out and try to do that two handed, then you see what this guy really has. This guy has power to burn. He is for real, if you miss being called a bozo, go over to RSB, they will accomodate you there. I think the forum did stuff a cue ball in his mouth.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
You know what is amazing. Almost all of the users who support Larry are posting from a bellsouth IP address and they all type the same kind of messages.

Simply amazing.

Mike

jacko said:
I hear you, I hate RSB, you can get flamed there in a heart beat if you say the wrong thing. The one handed 11 rail bank is for real, he got into ripleys for that. I have the guys video tape, he actually does it 11 rails one handed back to back, two in a row, on both a 9' pool table and a 10' billiard table. go out and try to do that two handed, then you see what this guy really has. This guy has power to burn. He is for real, if you miss being called a bozo, go over to RSB, they will accomodate you there. I think the forum did stuff a cue ball in his mouth.

Purdman

Banned
Mike

I just wanted you to know that I am going to stay out of the fray from now on. Give the guy a little of his BS back and you are issuing death threats. Check my posts and see how many of them have been positive and informative. I have tried to help resolve issues. Keep up the good work and thanks for doing a great job. Sorry if I stirred up anything before.
Don P. :cool:

UWPoolGod1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no opinion on any of the users bashing or FL himself, but I just want to know how a user can be "Banned" (under his heading) and still post? Just an honest question.

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AzHousePro said:
You know what is amazing. Almost all of the users who support Larry are posting from a bellsouth IP address and they all type the same kind of messages.

Simply amazing.

Mike

Well, Mike, I try to stay as neutral as I can.

I know Larry personally. He was in our home for one night on his way back to Atlanta from VF last year. We actually had a good time and he was entertaining. He said some of the same stuff about the stuff he knows about, but in person, this came across as funny, or in some cases very educational, where it does not come across that way in print. Larry and I used to talk on the phone a lot too about all kinds of interesting, non-pool stuff.

There were a lot of things going on here with respect to Larry and others too that I did not like.I do not like aliases. I find this childish when anyone does this, regardless of who does this. Larry is not the only one who has done this but regardless of who the person is, I just think it is very childish.

The back and forth with FL, imo,in these recent wars, it took up way too much 'bandwidth' on this forum. There were others too who were not without guilt in their insults, and some even who were downright nasty, but not nearly so visible because FL posted more often and the posts were longer. I learned a long time ago that noone wants to see 3 or more Bluewolf posts in a row, nor does anyone want to see three or four of anyone's posts in a row, nor do people like to read excessively long posts unless it is just an ocassional thing.

With that being said, his records are for real. I have several of his tapes and of course saw first hand when he was here. I also saw wd on animal planet.:)

I think that when insulting someone, the tendency is to insult their accomplishments in their 'trade', their ability to play pool, etc. Not just when insulting Larry, but Blud or anyone else that a person does not like. I think it is best to try to separate personal objections and dislikes from what a person can do and makes a living at.

OTOH, I think that when a professional posts on a public forum, it is best to keep their nose clean. It is fine for anyone to voice an opinion, but when any professional (and I am not referring to just one person here) regresses to insults, inuindos,etc, they are only destroying their own credibility and hurting their own business.JMO

Laura

Last edited:
K

Ken in CT

It's nice that you have seen his tape. I ordered it last August and he took the money immediately. Despite his promises to send TWO tapes he has not done so. I don't want his lousy tapes and I don't mind contributing to his retirement fund if that makes him happy. I don't think I could stand watching the tape now.

Larry is an artist for sure. A SCAM artist. He's always pimping his school and his tapes and CDs. If you order anything from him make sure you get to Paypal within 30 days or they will do nothing.

I don't agree with death threats but the way he does business I wouldn't be surprised if someone is looking for him.
Ken

jacko said:

Whether you get along with FL or don't, Jacko is right on the money. There are a number of guys that post here and at RSB, some with the same names and others with different names, but you have obnoxious, know-it-all bullies over there that are absolutely disgusting at times. They also work in groups and will swarm you if you're not in line with what the physics books say or the mumbo jumbo dogma that they preach. And what makes it even worse, as FL would say, "they can't even make 3 friggin' balls"! At least here on AZ, there's a bunch of people that have played for a long time and played the game well, whether in tournaments, road players, and good long time gamblers. KM pretty much got flamed out over there and won't even post, and I'm glad because he's here and has proven himself to be a gentleman and as helpful as he can be. Grady has posted on RSB and gotten steam rollered, called names, and degraded. I'm not saying that things haven't gotten out of hand on AZ at various times, but it's also the nature of the beast as far as forums and newsgroups go, especially pool. Primarily because many of the oldsters learned the ways of the pool room jungle and all of the woofing that goes on inside the walls just to get a match, let alone survive. You do have to have a loud and effective bark at a certain level. You also get considerable friction when individuals who haven't played for very long, and I'll go so far as to say 10 years or less, who don't have road, tournament, and real gambling experience or know what it takes to play the game under those pressures and conditions going against those that do, it can be volatile at times and cause provacativeness, which is a part of the pool room jungle.
And maybe it's also because we're really just a bunch of "grumpy old men" that like bitching, moaning, and arguing and since they took the bench away from outside the corner store, as well as the corner store, that this is the only place to now do it?

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ken in CT said:
It's nice that you have seen his tape. I ordered it last August and he took the money immediately. Despite his promises to send TWO tapes he has not done so. I don't want his lousy tapes and I don't mind contributing to his retirement fund if that makes him happy. I don't think I could stand watching the tape now.

Larry is an artist for sure. A SCAM artist. He's always pimping his school and his tapes and CDs. If you order anything from him make sure you get to Paypal within 30 days or they will do nothing.

I don't agree with death threats but the way he does business I wouldn't be surprised if someone is looking for him.
Ken

Now that you brought it up Ken, I really do not like anyone promoting their business on the main forum. What they are is right under their name whether pro player,instructor, cue maker or whatever and often their web link is in their signature,so it is not too hard to send them a pm, if one is interesting in what they are selling. I think that business adverisements belong somewhere else than the main forum.

I believe that there is a forum for selling things, tournament announcements and so forth and I find advertising ones schools, cues, cds or whatever, regardless of who does it, quite irritating.

Laura

APA7

STRAIGHT POOL SUPERMAN
Silver Member
drivermaker said:
Whether you get along with FL or don't, Jacko is right on the money.

Ummm Driver, JACKO is FL/Sybil. So is Pocoloco, BigBopper and probably 1 or 2 more.

Brian

APA7 said:
Ummm Driver, JACKO is FL/Sybil. So is Pocoloco, BigBopper and probably 1 or 2 more.
Brian

You learn sumpin' new every day...he ain't me though and that's a fact. And whatever the alias, he was right about RSB. Try it for fun and see what happens if you say something contrary to the Chicago mob, the PhD's, the engineers, and the rest of the science lemmings.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Bluewolf said:
Now that you brought it up Ken, I really do not like anyone promoting their business on the main forum. What they are is right under their name whether pro player,instructor, cue maker or whatever and often their web link is in their signature,so it is not too hard to send them a pm, if one is interesting in what they are selling. I think that business adverisements belong somewhere else than the main forum.

I believe that there is a forum for selling things, tournament announcements and so forth and I find advertising ones schools, cues, cds or whatever, regardless of who does it, quite irritating.

Laura

Laura,
I am going to disagree with you here for a few reasons. If I didn't have my sig file than my advice on cues would be worth that of any other "average Joe." But the fact is I have handled more cues than just about anyone on this forum. I normally give free advice, and normally don't hassle anyone. But there are cases when a flamewar is an unnessecary evil. :)
As far as business promotion, sig files, they are harmless. As long as someone isn't starting a thread that is "Come buy here.. cues4less.com blah. blah.. blah.. I think that could be tiresome and abused. I like the idea of a whole "cuetalk" section. But then really aren't you talking about creating entire subsections like "Actiontalk" "Squirttalk" "casetalk" etc. Shouldn't we be past segregation, I mean really is it that hard not to ignore or not read the thread?
In this day and age when people complain about certain threads, topics, users and such, I am shocked. There are ignore buttons, plonking, entire software products were created just for this certain thing. So it really is amazing that the "I don't want to read this" complaint is still out there.

Joe (-- likes to read.. and likes action flicks so a flamewar is sometimes better than a trip to Blockbuster.. I mean really.. Blud/Fl has been better than any of Jackie Chans last 10 movies :)

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
blud

Bluewolf said:
Well, Mike, I try to stay as neutral as I can.

I know Larry personally. He was in our home for one night on his way back to Atlanta from VF last year. We actually had a good time and he was entertaining. He said some of the same stuff about the stuff he knows about, but in person, this came across as funny, or in some cases very educational, where it does not come across that way in print. Larry and I used to talk on the phone a lot too about all kinds of interesting, non-pool stuff.

There were a lot of things going on here with respect to Larry and others too that I did not like.I do not like aliases. I find this childish when anyone does this, regardless of who does this. Larry is not the only one who has done this but regardless of who the person is, I just think it is very childish.

The back and forth with FL, imo,in these recent wars, it took up way too much 'bandwidth' on this forum. There were others too who were not without guilt in their insults, and some even who were downright nasty, but not nearly so visible because FL posted more often and the posts were longer. I learned a long time ago that noone wants to see 3 or more Bluewolf posts in a row, nor does anyone want to see three or four of anyone's posts in a row, nor do people like to read excessively long posts unless it is just an ocassional thing.

With that being said, his records are for real. I have several of his tapes and of course saw first hand when he was here. I also saw wd on animal planet.:)

I think that when insulting someone, the tendency is to insult their accomplishments in their 'trade', their ability to play pool, etc. Not just when insulting Larry, but Blud or anyone else that a person does not like. I think it is best to try to separate personal objections and dislikes from what a person can do and makes a living at.

OTOH, I think that when a professional posts on a public forum, it is best to keep their nose clean. It is fine for anyone to voice an opinion, but when any professional (and I am not referring to just one person here) regresses to insults, inuindos,etc, they are only destroying their own credibility and hurting their own business.JMO

Laura
Hi Laura,

I have not come on this fourm to hurt anyone. I came here to answer questions and be as much help as possible. I do not lash out at anyone for no reason. If i do, it's because my intergrity has been questioned.

When anyone attacks my intergrity and post lies about me, I will defend myself in whatever way is nessesary. If this is going to destory my credibility, so be it. I treat all people the same way i want to be treated, fair. If they treat me badly, I try to get the issue resolved at once. I do not believe in letting it simmer. When I get knocked, I reply, and some can't take the when the heats put back on them.....

RUMORS ARE CHEAP.

When questions are ask of you, there will be some who disagree. Not many but a few is expected. That's fine. just cut out the bozoes and knocking ones living.....We all have a right to earn a living without BS..

TROPIC'S
As far as topics go, I see nothing wrong with any of them being on the main forum. ask the cuemaker, or whatever. Cues are talked about, as well as tables, balls, tournaments, and such.

Advertising!
Many come here and talk about this "cuemaker" is so in so, I like this type table, or balls or chalk. Is this not the same as advertising?

That's what the forum is all about. Take the "ask the cumaker" for instance, it was a huge suscess. Mike moved it and it's dead now. Not many views or questions at all. It's an interesting topic, and has proven to be so. Got moved and it's dead....

I just hope that all can be back as it should be, normal and no more BS.
ask questions and get good answers from those who know, not from some seeking fame.

Someone way back, said I was pumping my cues and business. Maybe so, but at the same time, I make comments [good ones] about others and there products.
Being up front,as most of us has seen, will get you talked about, good or bad. I guess it comes with being up front.

My record stands for it's self. I have not been banned, or ask to leave. I have gotten upset and called some names. Very childish on my part. Just got sucked in.
blud
ps, hope your health is better...

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Big Bopper, Fast Larry, Pocoloco, and Drivermaker are all Fast Larry. I'm willin' to bet a bankroll on it. I think only the guy who runs this board can tell for sure though.

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
suction

classiccues said:
Laura,
I am going to disagree with you here for a few reasons. If I didn't have my sig file than my advice on cues would be worth that of any other "average Joe." But the fact is I have handled more cues than just about anyone on this forum. I normally give free advice, and normally don't hassle anyone. But there are cases when a flamewar is an unnessecary evil. :)
As far as business promotion, sig files, they are harmless. As long as someone isn't starting a thread that is "Come buy here.. cues4less.com blah. blah.. blah.. I think that could be tiresome and abused. I like the idea of a whole "cuetalk" section. But then really aren't you talking about creating entire subsections like "Actiontalk" "Squirttalk" "casetalk" etc. Shouldn't we be past segregation, I mean really is it that hard not to ignore or not read the thread?
In this day and age when people complain about certain threads, topics, users and such, I am shocked. There are ignore buttons, plonking, entire software products were created just for this certain thing. So it really is amazing that the "I don't want to read this" complaint is still out there.

Joe (-- likes to read.. and likes action flicks so a flamewar is sometimes better than a trip to Blockbuster.. I mean really.. Blud/Fl has been better than any of Jackie Chans last 10 movies :)

Hi Joe,
I finally figured out larry. It's not that he's trying to diagree with anyone, he's just having his name in print again.
He will post and post and post one on top of the other.
My replies are about lies [my interigity], that's all.
Rumors are very cheap. larry thrives on them.
blud

Joseph Cues

Cue Nut
Silver Member
Matt_24 said:
Big Bopper, Fast Larry, Pocoloco, and Drivermaker are all Fast Larry. I'm willin' to bet a bankroll on it. I think only the guy who runs this board can tell for sure though.
They are.
The admin here can track the isp and ip where he posts from.
Seriously though, I feel sad for a person who goes through this.
What a miserable way to live.
Life's too short to be miserable. A co-worker's of mine's bowling partner just died of a heart attack. She was only 50'sh.

Purdman

Banned
Hi Blud

My mothers favorite expression was "Words Are Cheep". She was right. It is what one does that counts. You build great cues, help those that seek it, and work hard. From time to time, if someone pushes your button, you let em have it. I totally agree with that. One just needs to realize that there are people out there that have nothing else to do but push the buttons they have found. They troll for them. They have nothing else to do with their lives.
Like I said before, ignore them.
Purdman :cool:

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've thought about it and Fast Larry is probably a really nice guy in person. He's just probably really lonely, to have nothing better to do than post all day long. I don't mean that hatefully. He seems to be somewhat of a braggart, and that is usually a sign of severe insecurity. Until you are secure and truly confident with yourself, you can't be at peace with everyone else and find true happiness. It takes some longer than others to realize this, but I'd say it is not too late for FL. He just cares too much when someone disagrees with him. Rather than just thinking..ok, they can disagree, he feels a need to "attack". That probably stems from someone else treating him that same way earlier in life..a parent, role model, guardian, ex-wife..who knows? I'm just sorry that Fast Larry can't find happiness, and wish him the best of luck. I hope that things can change for him, and I mean that with all sincerity. If we all felt like that, then life could be a much better place...but Larry has to take the first step and admit to himself (not anyone else) his weaknesses. He also needs to stop taking these posts so seriously. I mean, this is the INTERNET..not the real world. If someone attacks you on here..who cares? Wuppidy doo?? Ok, that was my Psych 101 lesson of the day.
Regards,