Fast Larry is my Hero. But where is he???

Matt_24 said:
Big Bopper, Fast Larry, Pocoloco, and Drivermaker are all Fast Larry. I'm willin' to bet a bankroll on it. I think only the guy who runs this board can tell for sure though.

You put up your bankroll and I'll give you 100-1. Forget the bankroll...you put up a hundred, and I'll still give you 100-1. And no, I'm not FL's best buddy and yes, there are times that I don't agree and get irritated.

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmmm.....you replied ready to post up. You may not be FL. I should give you a hundred for insinuating that you were FL. Well, your reply doesn't sound like a FL reply. It's not four pages long, and you only posted once. I may be wrong. My apologies. I believe now that Drivermaker may not be FL. (Just because you showed some heart in your post)

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
blud said:
Hi Laura,

I have not come on this fourm to hurt anyone. I came here to answer questions and be as much help as possible. I do not lash out at anyone for no reason. If i do, it's because my intergrity has been questioned.

When anyone attacks my intergrity and post lies about me, I will defend myself in whatever way is nessesary. If this is going to destory my credibility, so be it. I treat all people the same way i want to be treated, fair. If they treat me badly, I try to get the issue resolved at once. I do not believe in letting it simmer. When I get knocked, I reply, and some can't take the when the heats put back on them.....

Blud,

I think that if you read my previous post, I was saying that even if you do not like the billiards professional, it is best to keep it personal, and not delve into attacking their trade.

TROPIC'S
As far as topics go, I see nothing wrong with any of them being on the main forum. ask the cuemaker, or whatever. Cues are talked about, as well as tables, balls, tournaments, and such.

Signature lines IMO are fine, answering questions are fine. An occasional comment about one's business is one thing, but when it crosses that line, that is when it becomes irritating to me. People know you and ARE going to ask you questions and there is nothing wrong with answering them. And sometimes people direct a thread at a cuemaker or instructor, but IMO, that is different than what I was talking about.

Perhaps I was unclear. I got two posts and a call from someone so wonder if people got what I was trying to say.

I just hope that all can be back as it should be, normal and no more BS.
ask questions and get good answers from those who know, not from some seeking fame.

My record stands for it's self. I have not been banned, or ask to leave. I have gotten upset and called some names. Very childish on my part. Just got sucked in.
blud
ps, hope your health is better...

I stayed away from AZ for three months. Until I looked at my pm box, did not realize how long it had been.

I think that some things had been bothering me for a long time, but was in a position that I did not feel I could speak openly either here or on ccb. I think that this had been eating on me for a long time and this morning, things just came rolling out. While i was trying for the most part to not single anyone else and the names I used were examples in a sense, I could have I guess been more tactful.

Well, anyway it is out, sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, you, Larry or anyone else. Like you, I do hope that things get back to normal.

Laura
:cool:

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
good

Bluewolf said:
I stayed away from AZ for three months. Until I looked at my pm box, did not realize how long it had been.

I think that some things had been bothering me for a long time, but was in a position that I did not feel I could speak openly either here or on ccb. I think that this had been eating on me for a long time and this morning, things just came rolling out. While i was trying for the most part to not single anyone else and the names I used were examples in a sense, I could have I guess been more tactful.

Well, anyway it is out, sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, you, Larry or anyone else. Like you, I do hope that things get back to normal.

Laura
:cool:
Very good Laura, no problem.
hope your doing better.
blud

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
blud said:
Very good Laura, no problem.
hope your doing better.
blud

Thanks Blud. You have always been very nice to me. I am doing better. In fact, we are in the process of selling our condo and moving to a house. It is going to a better place but have felt time pressure and I have to go back home with our dogs once the people come to fix it up and it looks like my hubbie too may be in temporary living until we get into the house.

Not that any of that is pool related but it is interferring with my practice time somewhat.

On a positive note, when I first began to play pool I had this captain who communicated that I was a nothing at pool. I was pretty mad and figured we would eventually meet in a match, but had forgotten about that. Well last thursday, I was supposed to play this one woman about my speed, but he was on the opposing team and decided to play me, so confident it would be an easy victory. Well, I beat him and he was pretty mad, making all kinds of excuses. He is rated higher than me, but a few weeks ago, I beat someone who is considerably better than he, so I did not have a real ego about it. It is no longer an issue about whatever ranking the league puts on me, the stats will catch up on me, eventually anyway. :cool:

Laura

parvus1202

Suspected hacked account
Silver Member
I really don't know what happened to Fast Larry until I saw AZ admin banned him, so I try to locate all posts of FL, and sure enough he got loads and loads of nonsense. Answering every single post, with sarcasm and name callings. I say, wow, he really type very past. He is a fast typer than my secretary. To FL and other posters, there are still lessons to be learned.

Last edited:

TheGame

Registered
I have been browsing this board for about a week now and I have to say I found many of Fast Larry's posts very informative as well as entertaining . Not sure exactly what he did to get banned but I for one would like to see him back on the board and posting. Give him another chance guys...not too often you get someone with as much first hand history and willing to share it.

APA7

STRAIGHT POOL SUPERMAN
Silver Member
TheGame said:
I have been browsing this board for about a week now and I have to say I found many of Fast Larry's posts very informative as well as entertaining . Not sure exactly what he did to get banned but I for one would like to see him back on the board and posting. Give him another chance guys...not too often you get someone with as much first hand history and willing to share it.

If that "first hand history" had any truth to it, it might be worth something but I have my doubts about FL's stories. My opinions is that FL has a very active imagination and can tell good stories.

Brian

Last edited:
Love FL or hate him, this thread had gotten one helluva lot of views. That does show popularity and overall interest, or does FL get the blame for that also because he's clicking on every 10 seconds to get an update?

T

tshot

TheGame said:

Larry has had several chances. He sees this place as a game that he has to win. If someone disagrees with him, he has to beat them down do everyone can know that he is right. Sometimes this backfires cause the person is agreeing with him and he jumps them anyway. If he can bait a couple of people, he will start spouting off how there is some big billiard industry conspiracy to keep him quiet. Oh and lets not forget how many times he is going to quit the board so the people won't have poor Larry to kick around anymore. Sometimes it is two or three times a day. He has yet to understand closing the forum and not posting is actually quitting. Larry does have a wealth of knowledge; he is a good player with bad personality. If he ever learned to control it, he would be a great addition to the board, but as sure as the sun will set, if Larry was to come back on the board within a week he would be attacking someone and talking trash.

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those of you that are fairly new to this board, I believe this is the second time FL has been banned. When he came back from the first banishment, he said he would not post like he did before; that didn't happen. I have learned some things from Larry and for that I am appreciative of that. However, it is my humble opinion that his posts, for the most part, are: negative, long, inaccurate, disparaging, melodramatic, egotistical and he post too damn much!! When he gets on a thread, one of his posts will take up one whole page!! This guy needs to get a real life!!
I totally agree with Laura that he has to be killing his business. He was going to go to VF and blabbed and blabbed and blabbed it up so much that he probably would have been laughed out of the joint if he didn't do his one-handed 11 bank shot successfully the first time out.
Sorry to those of you that feel that he should be back because I just can't agree with you. This is not a freedom of speech issue imo. Larry is welcome to say whatever he wants in the town square, this is not a town square. He's had two strikes and I think he should be called out. Besides, he'll be back if he's not already here as some other alias. I don't know for sure who his aliases are, and I don't really care, but anyone that has been on this board for a while knows he has used them. He will continue to do so, I just don't think he should be able to use FL anymore.

Last edited:

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rickw said:
I totally agree with Laura that he has to be killing his business. He was going to go to VF and blabbed and blabbed and blabbed it up so much that he probably would have been laughed out of the joint if he didn't do his one-handed 11 bank shot successfully the first time out.
Sorry to those of you that feel that he should be back because I just can't agree with you. This is not a freedom of speech issue imo. Larry is welcome to say whatever he wants in the town square, this is not a town square.

Rick,

Not singling anyone out, I have seen lots of pool professionals hurt their own business and reputation by getting into mudslinging. My statement was meant kind of general, although I can see why people might think I was talking about FL specifically.

If anyone has been here awile, and especially on ccb too, they know some of the people I am referring to. On a pool forum, what a professional says often gets dissected, as they are very much under the public eye.

It is very hard for a pool professional to be on a forum unless they post seldom, blandly and never talk about their accomplishments.

It can be almost like the president's every word is dissected and analyzed. So, IMO, for a professional to be on a forum without it hurting their business, they have to keep their nose very clean and not get into flaming and so forth.

Laura

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
him

tshot said:
Larry has had several chances. He sees this place as a game that he has to win. If someone disagrees with him, he has to beat them down do everyone can know that he is right. Sometimes this backfires cause the person is agreeing with him and he jumps them anyway. If he can bait a couple of people, he will start spouting off how there is some big billiard industry conspiracy to keep him quiet. Oh and lets not forget how many times he is going to quit the board so the people won't have poor Larry to kick around anymore. Sometimes it is two or three times a day. He has yet to understand closing the forum and not posting is actually quitting. Larry does have a wealth of knowledge; he is a good player with bad personality. If he ever learned to control it, he would be a great addition to the board, but as sure as the sun will set, if Larry was to come back on the board within a week he would be attacking someone and talking trash.

tshot,

I agree 100%, with what you have written. [ me and my so called dealers], will be his first target... [had 27 dealers now have 31 larr].

I will not put up with anyone knocking me and saying that am a liar.

If I am wrong, i will be the first to say so. And will send my apologies to one and all.

LEARNING!
We are all here to learn. This is what I do believe in, learning. Never to old or to late to learn from others.

Larry,
I would say come on back larry, provided,you didn't knock, no bashing for disagreeing, no name calling,and just state your opinion, and not all the bragging on what he claims he's done, and diagree without being an a$$ about it. Just diagree and drop it.. Leave off the crap. Just answer the post and sign his name. And don't be a messenger bring rumors.

It's really been nice the last week without all the BS. Everyone is getting along. That's great.
BTW, not trying to hurt anyone with my statement, or get into a big fuss over this.....Proff is in the puddin, been lots of peace all week...
blud

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bluewolf said:
Rick,

Not singling anyone out, I have seen lots of pool professionals hurt their own business and reputation by getting into mudslinging. My statement was meant kind of general, although I can see why people might think I was talking about FL specifically.

If anyone has been here awile, and especially on ccb too, they know some of the people I am referring to. On a pool forum, what a professional says often gets dissected, as they are very much under the public eye.

It is very hard for a pool professional to be on a forum unless they post seldom, blandly and never talk about their accomplishments.

It can be almost like the president's every word is dissected and analyzed. So, IMO, for a professional to be on a forum without it hurting their business, they have to keep their nose very clean and not get into flaming and so forth.

Laura

Laura,

I didn't mean to pull you into my opinion. I do totally agree with what you're saying above though. And, having said that, I just think Larry was a very good example of that, but that is just my opinion. Sorry for using your post to justify my opinion.

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
true

Bluewolf said:
Rick,

Laura

Very true Laura,
I have done my best to help. Not many cuemakers will help out.
I see nothing wrong with answering cue questions, and matters that Iam abreast to.
I do catch crap from time to time, but to me it's worth the problems so to speak. The more we lerarn about cues and pool in general, the more people will be playing.
Just don't like being called names. Won't put up with it. I will defend me and my company.....
hope your feeling better, sweetheart.
blud

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
blud said:
Very true Laura,
I have done my best to help. Not many cuemakers will help out.
I see nothing wrong with answering cue questions, and matters that Iam abreast to.
blud

Posting about what to look for in a cue is very helpful. It is also good to know who the great cuemakers are, because there are so many out there.

I heard Scruggs was good and my husband thought he was great, but your endorsement of him, when I told you he lived so close to me helped me to make that final decision. ;)

Laura

oceanweb

Banned
Rickw said:
For those of you that are fairly new to this board, I believe this is the second time FL has been banned. When he came back from the first banishment, he said he would not post like he did before; that didn't happen. I have learned some things from Larry and for that I am appreciative of that. However, it is my humble opinion that his posts, for the most part, are: negative, long, inaccurate, disparaging, melodramatic, egotistical and he post too damn much!! When he gets on a thread, one of his posts will take up one whole page!! This guy needs to get a real life!!
Sorry to those of you that feel that he should be back because I just can't agree with you. This is not a freedom of speech issue imo. Larry is welcome to say whatever he wants in the town square, this is not a town square. He's had two strikes and I think he should be called out. Besides, he'll be back if he's not already here as some other alias. I don't know for sure who his aliases are, and I don't really care, but anyone that has been on this board for a while knows he has used them. He will continue to do so, I just don't think he should be able to use FL anymore.

I'm curious, was Fast Larry banned forever? Where are the offending posts that resulted in his suspension?

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
oceanweb said:
I'm curious, was Fast Larry banned forever? Where are the offending posts that resulted in his suspension?

You'd have to ask Mike, the administrator of this board.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
No, he was banned for a 2 week period of time to allow him to cool down a little bit. It is the second time he has been banned from the board and it will be the last time he is 'temporarily' banned from the board.

I have removed the last batch of posts from him, but it shouldn't be too hard to find any of the many posts he has made.

Mike

oceanweb said:

K

Ken in CT

Larry is still here. He is now posting as Big Louie. Unfortunately that probably means he is not at the artistic competition in Southington where I had hoped to see him.

I will be distributing documentary proof of how he took $20 out of my paypal account last August and told me in November he would finally send me the tape I ordered.

I don't want the tape now, nearly 8 months later. If he knows how to steal money from my paypal account he should know how to put it back in. I look forward to distributing this info to everyone I meet at VF.
Ken