PIC 4
forearm2.jpg

PIC 5
sig.jpg

Last edited:

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
The black baron cues Richard makes start at $1800. After modifications, the price was a *little* higher ;)

You're right, I probably could have gone to Antartica instead, but do Polar Bears play any 9-ball...

Last edited:

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
I added a couple more pics above, so I apologize if this page loads slow!

-td

LC3

Playing the table
Silver Member
Those rings are sweet, and I like the way the point ornamentation ties into them. Is there a story behind the penguin?

The penguin reminds me of Parrot cues, which were made by David Hodges of Richmond, VA. I've yet to see one in person, but the ones I've seen on the Internet looked fantastic. Hodges retired from cuemaking, so I'll have to keep an eye out on the custom cue Web sites (I know about the one on www.billiardcue.com, but it's heavier than I prefer).

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
As far as the penguin goes, I just figured that since penguins typically are black and white, and since many cues have ebony and ivory, it would be a convenient (and unique) addition to a cue.

I was very impressed with the way the cue turned out. Worth every penny!

irish

Poppy Ridge Golf Course
Silver Member
td873 said:
As far as the penguin goes, I just figured that since penguins typically are black and white, and since many cues have ebony and ivory, it would be a convenient (and unique) addition to a cue.

I was very impressed with the way the cue turned out. Worth every penny!

Super Nice cue! Penguins are Pimp!!!

I love my Black! Great Cue!!!

Simple! The next Black is on the way!!! Bushka modified!

Last edited:

cornerstone

Psalm 91:15
Silver Member
Richard Black

td873 said:
Richard Black modified Black Baron:
Ivory Butt
Ivory Joint
Ivory Inlays
Custom Ivory Penguin Inlays
4 points w/ 4 Veneers

Best playing cue I've ever owned.
cue_1.jpg

PIC 2
cue_2.jpg

PIC 3
peng.jpg

PIC 4
forearm2.jpg

PIC 5
sig.jpg
that cue is the nuts see how he miters the veneers in the boxes and uses barbells to accent the point colors !thats alot of cue for the money!!and he is one of my favroite all time cuemakers!!

cornerstone

Silver Member
mitered

iconcue said:
no offense bill - but should the mitered edges be that visible?
being a finish carpenter, there is no way of hiding a miter so just make it look good. i guess you can add color to help hide it! but i think it adds charm. and some of the best dont even attempt it.I just got a brand new tad today and there just squared! so I hope that answers your ? by the way sweet Gus!!thanks Bill ;)

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Bill, How about the upper right hand corner of pic #3. The miter seems a little off in that one area. It must be handmade!!!
Dan

cornerstone

Silver Member
quedup said:
Hey Bill, How about the upper right hand corner of pic #3. The miter seems a little off in that one area. It must be handmade!!!
Dan
I love hand made , how do you like the shafts dan?

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are fantastic!! The I3 has become my favorite and the predator is looking for a new home. A buddy asked me about it the other day. Going to the Open and look at the builders cues there. I'll give you a call tomorrow have some info you might find interesting...
Dan