looking for a madison, indiana cue maker?

rackemky

10 years ago or so i used to play out at american billiards pool hall in madison indiana (now) closed. the owners name was bob anderson, he made truly custom cues signed and sold his cues as MB for madisonbob. i cant find this guy anywhere. he made the best hitting cue i have EVER had the chance to stroke. truly amazing, in 10 years i still think about it all the time. anyways he was teaching his son his trade i dunno where any of them are since they closed the pool hall? if anyone can help send me a pm please.

thanks,
jonathan

rackemky

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10 years ago or so i used to play out at american billiards pool hall in madison indiana (now) closed. the owners name was bob anderson, he made truly custom cues signed and sold his cues as MB for madisonbob. i cant find this guy anywhere. he made the best hitting cue i have EVER had the chance to stroke. truly amazing, in 10 years i still think about it all the time. anyways he was teaching his son his trade i dunno where any of them are since they closed the pool hall? if anyone can help send me a pm please.

thanks,
jonathan

rackemky

His name is Bob Griffen, not Anderson. I haven't talked to him in some time. He is in bad health and as far as I know they have got out of the cue making business. The last number I have for him I will forward to you via a PM.

Dick

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought one recently and for the money it is a great cue. If you could forward me his phone number via pm I would appreciate it. I'd like to get an extra shaft.

My Schon is getting jealous, I'm spending a lot of time with Madison Bob.

Thanks,
Al

cuesmith

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
Silver Member
I bought one recently and for the money it is a great cue. If you could forward me his phone number via pm I would appreciate it. I'd like to get an extra shaft.

My Schon is getting jealous, I'm spending a lot of time with Madison Bob.

Thanks,
Al

He's closed his shop and is no longer making cues due to health reasons.

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
His name is Bob Griffen, not Anderson. I haven't talked to him in some time. He is in bad health and as far as I know they have got out of the cue making business. The last number I have for him I will forward to you via a PM.

Dick

yooooooooooo
how you been dick?

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's closed his shop and is no longer making cues due to health reasons.

That's what I heard but I was hoping he might have a shaft or two still left over from when he was working.

I seem to remember that his radial pin was slightly different from others and other shafts might not fit. Don't know if that's true.

rackemky

thanks,
jonathan

rackemky
thats sad, i thought he told me he was teaching his son the trade? maybe he chose not to take the rains. if i had the chance to learn under a great cue maker i would run with it. who knows. yes bob's cues where very different from others in allot of ways specially his joint. though he wouldent speak much of what went into one i remeber sharply just it was his way or no way, certain options just where not optional. his cues just had a feel of there own, seemed like he also prefered a more narrow taper it seemed the tip and ferrel was a little smaller. it was just wild, glad i could have hit with one and been apart of it all. not to mention bob could seriously shoot some stick he gladly took anyones money in a fair game. makes me sad that it's over. well i can move on now i guess lol closure. theres a ton of other great cue makers out there and allot hang out right here on AZB. thanks for everyones help!

woody_968

BRING BACK 14.1
Silver Member
I play with a cue that he had used himself for a few years. I also see a friend of his every once in a while that I believe still has a few of his cues left that are either new or have had VERY little play. If you are really interested in one let me know and Ill see if I can find a way to get in contact with him.

As far as Bobs pins, he had them made by a local shop I believe but they do match up with a standard radial. At least mine does, as I have a predator z shaft that I have been using.

Woody