Adhesive magnets for chalk
Old
  (#1)
RickLafayette
AzB Silver Member

RickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Adhesive magnets for chalk - 01-29-2018, 03:43 PM

Does anyone make adhesive magnets that can be applied to the bottom of any brand of chalk so that you can then attach the chalk to any of the popular pocket magnets?
I don't like using chalk that is housed in a plastic or leather shell. All the magnetic holders come with a square plastic holder for the chalk. The holders have either a magnet or metal base to attach to the pocket magnet. The problem with these holders is that once the chalk starts wearing down the holder gets in the way. Also, I'm just used to using a small cube of chalk and don't care for the larger diameter of a chalk holder.

Player: Predator Willie LE 3 w/ Revo 12.4
Break Cue: Predator BK Rush
other stuff

Old
  (#2)
bchuang
AzB Bronze Member
bchuang has a reputation beyond reputebchuang has a reputation beyond reputebchuang has a reputation beyond reputebchuang has a reputation beyond reputebchuang has a reputation beyond reputebchuang has a reputation beyond reputebchuang has a reputation beyond reputebchuang has a reputation beyond reputebchuang has a reputation beyond reputebchuang has a reputation beyond reputebchuang has a reputation beyond repute

01-29-2018, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickLafayette View Post
Does anyone make adhesive magnets that can be applied to the bottom of any brand of chalk so that you can then attach the chalk to any of the popular pocket magnets?

I don't like using chalk that is housed in a plastic or leather shell. All the magnetic holders come with a square plastic holder for the chalk. The holders have either a magnet or metal base to attach to the pocket magnet. The problem with these holders is that once the chalk starts wearing down the holder gets in the way. Also, I'm just used to using a small cube of chalk and don't care for the larger diameter of a chalk holder.

I just superglue a metal washer to the bottom of the chalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
  (#3)
RickLafayette
AzB Silver Member

RickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond reputeRickLafayette has a reputation beyond repute

01-29-2018, 06:57 PM

DANG! That was easy.

Thanks.

other stuff

Old
  (#4)
RickLafayette
AzB Silver Member

01-31-2018, 10:50 AM

Back to the drawing board. I guess my magnet was too strong. The washer stuck to the magnet while tearing the paper off the bottom of the chalk.

other stuff

Old
  (#5)
bchuang
AzB Bronze Member
bchuang has a reputation beyond reputebchuang has a reputation beyond reputebchuang has a reputation beyond reputebchuang has a reputation beyond reputebchuang has a reputation beyond reputebchuang has a reputation beyond reputebchuang has a reputation beyond reputebchuang has a reputation beyond reputebchuang has a reputation beyond reputebchuang has a reputation beyond reputebchuang has a reputation beyond repute

02-01-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickLafayette View Post
Back to the drawing board. I guess my magnet was too strong. The washer stuck to the magnet while tearing the paper off the bottom of the chalk.
Mezz has their Smart Sticker product for attaching a metal plate to the bottom of chalk. I was going to try that before the super glue worked for me.

Old
  (#6)
BigBoof
AzB Silver Member
BigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond reputeBigBoof has a reputation beyond repute

02-02-2018, 06:29 PM

I have the Kamui magnetic chalk holder. The cube goes in a rubber holder. When the chalk gets lower, I fold a piece of paper and put it in the bottom between the magnet and the chalk so it sits where it would new. You can use a piece of chalk pretty far down.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Old
  (#7)
madman1nonly
Fine Handmade Cue Tips
madman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond repute

Cool 02-07-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoof View Post
I have the Kamui magnetic chalk holder. The cube goes in a rubber holder. When the chalk gets lower, I fold a piece of paper and put it in the bottom between the magnet and the chalk so it sits where it would new. You can use a piece of chalk pretty far down.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I have a magnetic holder with a 17 pounds on the holder n 17 pound on the cube the cube is made out of hard leather just like my B/jump tips, if you want to see it check with Mike at Omega

Regards, Juan Rios
MadMan Cue Tips
Proudly made in the U.S.A. One cue tip at a time!

Visit our web site to see our complete line of tips.

Please see independent reviews of our fine line of Pool Cue Tips.

Old
  (#8)
madman1nonly
Fine Handmade Cue Tips
madman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond reputemadman1nonly has a reputation beyond repute

Cool 02-08-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman1nonly View Post
I have a magnetic holder with a 17 pounds on the holder n 17 pound on the cube the cube is made out of hard leather just like my B/jump tips, if you want to see it check with Mike at Omega
Here is what it looks like.........
Attached Images

Regards, Juan Rios
MadMan Cue Tips
Proudly made in the U.S.A. One cue tip at a time!

Visit our web site to see our complete line of tips.

Please see independent reviews of our fine line of Pool Cue Tips.

Old
  (#9)
mister__p
AzB Bronze Member
mister__p is on a distinguished road

03-11-2018, 06:34 PM

You could buy a leather holder and cut it down to a 1cm height which is what I did.The advantage of soft leather holders is they can fit square, octagon and even Molinari round chalks which is what I use these days.

I made my own magnetic holder for a few bucks which has a pulling force of over 30N which means everything will get ripped off the base of the chalk if you attempt to superglue anything.

When I was adjusting the pulling strength, it was a trade off between using the leather holder and never having the chalk drop on me or having less pulling force and being able to stick a pretty circular silver magnet at the base of the chalk with 5N force. I decided to go with more pulling force as I have cracked too many expensive chalks after they rolled out of my pouch

Last edited by mister__p; 03-11-2018 at 06:55 PM.

Tape
Old
  (#10)
mister__p
AzB Bronze Member
mister__p is on a distinguished road

Tape - 05-03-2018, 09:46 PM

I purchased some small neodymium disc magnets ( 20mm diameter x 2mm thickness ) but instead of supergluing them to the base of the chalk, I did the following

1. Used double sided 3M tape to stick the magnet to the base
2. Then used some pretty stationary masking tape to dress the magnet with the tape sticking up the sides of the chalk ensuring super strong and semi-permanent fixing. This also means you end up with a very good looking customised looking piece of chalk and once the chalk runs out, you can take it apart and do it again on your next piece.

The reason I did the above is because I use round (molinari) and hex (predator ) chalk where chalk holders are impossible to get unless you pay extortionate prices for a bit of CNCed metal.

Adhesive magnets for chalk
Old
  (#11)
LJhookem14
AzB Silver Member
LJhookem14 has a reputation beyond reputeLJhookem14 has a reputation beyond reputeLJhookem14 has a reputation beyond reputeLJhookem14 has a reputation beyond reputeLJhookem14 has a reputation beyond reputeLJhookem14 has a reputation beyond reputeLJhookem14 has a reputation beyond reputeLJhookem14 has a reputation beyond reputeLJhookem14 has a reputation beyond reputeLJhookem14 has a reputation beyond reputeLJhookem14 has a reputation beyond repute

Adhesive magnets for chalk - 06-02-2018, 06:10 PM

I purchase a 7/8x7/8x1/16 and/or a 3/4x3/4x1/16 from K&J Magnetics. Then I also purchase the Mezz Smart Sticker off eBay.

3/4 x 3/4 x 1/16
https://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BCC1

7/8 x 7/8 x 1/16
https://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BEE1

Mezz Smart Sticker
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F142815437240

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

🎱🎱🎱🎱⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️🏈🏈🏈🏈 - My favorite Sports

Player: Mezz MI-3 (Mika Series) custom 3.5 Extender
2nd Player: Mezz ZZ36 or EC7-CM5
30" ExPro (Cyborg Hyb Med)
30" HP2 (Cyborg Hyb Med)
29 ExPro (Cyborg Hyb Soft)

Break Cue: Mezz Kai Black XPG & Mezz PB Professional (wrapless)
29 PRO-H (DIP-H) w/ Sonic tip
29 Deep Impact 2 w/ Taom (yellow)
Jump Cue: Jacoby Black 3-piece Extension
Cue Case: Mezz 3x5 Black & Predator 4x8 Butterfly
Chalk: Magic Chalk - Mezz Smart Chalk - GreatWhite

Last edited by LJhookem14; 06-02-2018 at 06:52 PM.

Old
  (#12)
Johnny Rosato
AzB Silver Member
Johnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Rosato has a reputation beyond repute

06-06-2018, 05:29 PM

Use some Go-rilla brand duct tape as you would the Mezz Smart strip to hold the metal to the bottom of the chalk. For good measure, go once around the side of the chalk with a strip of tape. This chit WILL hold.
I think you can get it in different colors, I just happen to have a roll of the black laying around!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: