Jennifer Barretta, Emily Duddy, and Dr. Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
What do the three of us have in common? You might think good looks, but not everyone would agree. Actually we have all been recently interviewed by and gave a lesson to pool YouTube personality Rollie Williams. Here is his latest video featuring me:

Billiards expert Dr. Dave gives Rollie a pool master class | From Average To Good

He got me to act a little sillier on camera than I normally do in instructional pool videos.

Check it out,
Dave

PS: The video is long. Sorry about that. But some of you might find things interesting and funny throughout.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What do the three of us have in common? You might think good looks, but not everyone would agree. Actually we have all been recently interviewed by and gave a lesson to pool YouTube personality Rollie Williams. Here is his latest video featuring me:

Billiards expert Dr. Dave gives Rollie a pool master class | From Average To Good

He got me to act a little sillier on camera than I normally do in instructional pool videos.

Check it out,
Dave

PS: The video is long. Sorry about that. But some of you might find things interesting and funny throughout.

You are a consummate professional Dr. Dave. And calling Emily's episode a lesson is very generous.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member

Check it out,
Dave

For the record, I am obviously not a "Pro Player" (as Rollie put on his title screen), but I am a "Pro Instructor."

Enjoy,
Dave

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
Thank you.

Pro players don't always make great instructors, but I thought Emily actually did a decent job.

Regards,
Dave

Agreed, I thought the video with her was excellent. She was charismatic and seemed like she’d be a good instructor.

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just watched it, I enjoyed that tremendously. Rollie does a great job with his videos and he's stepping it up every time, I think. Looking forward to all his upcoming videos!

And you were great in this episode, Dr. Dave!! You call yourself 'silly' but I think we got to see more of how you are as a person and as a personal teacher, and it's just fabulous. Relaxed, laid back, humorous and also very good at getting your info across to the student. I laughed out loud a few times while I even (re)learned a thing or two. I loved it!

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hahahaha, it never occurred to me. That’s been my online moniker since 1996, when I first went online.

Ok Emily, you've been busted!

Lol....just kidding.

On a more serious note. I think Emily did a very good job considering her abilities. I know some take ^^^^^^ as a stab in the back while be padded at the same time but, it is what it is.

For us that have had the pleasure to meet Emily, well, we know a couple things for sure:

1. She is not what most consider a pro player but, well, she is a pro player, regardless of what anyone thinks.

2. Emily is about as nice of a person that you could meet. As a matter of fact, IMO, she is a very humble person.

Emily knows her abilities and her place in the pro ranks. Most think she believes she a world beater but, truth be told, she will be the first to tell you she is lucky to even be considered a lower tier pro by anyone's standards.

Having said that, lol......she is more of a pro on the female front than we are on the male front of professional pool.

The pool community (especially us men) should be more respectful toward someone that's overcome being nothing more than a keyboard-cowgirl:thumbup:

I hope she does well.

Jeff

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Check it out,
Dave

Congratulations Dave on being selected to be in Rollies videos.

You are in good company sir.

I think you and others like you should get more recognition for your efforts. I know you don't really care about the attaboy comments so much as you do about actually helping the pool community in general.

As always, keep on keeping on. There is always someone that will actually listen and maybe even learn something.

Jeff

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just watched it, I enjoyed that tremendously.
I'm glad to hear it.

Rollie does a great job with his videos and he's stepping it up every time, I think. Looking forward to all his upcoming videos!
Agreed. Rollie definitely has what it takes to become an Internet sensation.

And you were great in this episode, Dr. Dave!!/
Thank you!

You call yourself 'silly' but I think we got to see more of how you are as a person and as a personal teacher, and it's just fabulous. Relaxed, laid back, humorous and also very good at getting your info across to the student. I laughed out loud a few times while I even (re)learned a thing or two. I loved it!
Thank you for the positive feedback. I appreciate it.

Best regards,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Congratulations Dave on being selected to be in Rollies videos.
Thanks. It helped that Rollie has family in the area. It gave him another reason to visit.

You are in good company sir.
I still think Rollie just chose me for my good looks. Why else would he film me so soon after filming Jennifer Barretta and Emily Duddy? :grin-square:

I think you and others like you should get more recognition for your efforts. I know you don't really care about the attaboy comments so much as you do about actually helping the pool community in general.
The attaboy comments do feel good, but I also love the whole creative process of filming and editing, and I've always loved learning new stuff and sharing what I know. I also love pool, and the filming sessions give me excellent dedicated practice with important aspects of my game. I always feel like a stronger player after I'm done filming a new video.

As always, keep on keeping on. There is always someone that will actually listen and maybe even learn something.
Thanks Jeff.

I appreciate your comments,
Dave

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok Emily, you've been busted!

Lol....just kidding.

On a more serious note. I think Emily did a very good job considering her abilities. I know some take ^^^^^^ as a stab in the back while be padded at the same time but, it is what it is.

For us that have had the pleasure to meet Emily, well, we know a couple things for sure:

1. She is not what most consider a pro player but, well, she is a pro player, regardless of what anyone thinks.

2. Emily is about as nice of a person that you could meet. As a matter of fact, IMO, she is a very humble person.

Emily knows her abilities and her place in the pro ranks. Most think she believes she a world beater but, truth be told, she will be the first to tell you she is lucky to even be considered a lower tier pro by anyone's standards.

Having said that, lol......she is more of a pro on the female front than we are on the male front of professional pool.

The pool community (especially us men) should be more respectful toward someone that's overcome being nothing more than a keyboard-cowgirl:thumbup:

I hope she does well.

Jeff

I think with Emily it's the Vegan Vibe. Rogan jokes about how vegans can't wait to tell you of their vegan awesomeness. Emily is that way with pool.

And that show she was a total set up and her statement (yes statement) about the money out there was total fluff BS. She makes far more money playing "Professional Pool" than any B playing male I've heard of. The reason she doesn't make Shane money isn't her gender, it's her B level skills.

And Jennifer even called her on the way she shakes her a$$ to shark opponents. If you want to be a Pro, at the least act like a Pro (if you can't shoot like a Pro for the Earl haters).

Dr Dave is honest and I respect him. I would love taking lessons from him. And I love the Byrnes name drop (loved that guy RIP sir).

And Rollie, God love him, he humbles himself like a champ. Got a feeling if him and Emily matched up, he would need too much weight to play her based on their relatively close Fargorates. Dr Dave and Rollie, Please Keep Doing What You're Doing. Love you guys...

PS, Emily, you would kick my butt on the table no doubt, but I'm a C player, Most B player can. You may make your $ as a Pro, but please, you don't shoot as a Pro (YET). Keep working, you'll get there and jerks like me (who do respect the skills you posses not the ones you claim "Pro Player") will give you your due. Love you too...

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dr Dave is honest and I respect him. I would love taking lessons from him. And I love the Byrnes name drop (loved that guy RIP sir).

And Rollie, God love him, he humbles himself like a champ. Got a feeling if him and Emily matched up, he would need too much weight to play her based on their relatively close Fargorates. Dr Dave and Rollie, Please Keep Doing What You're Doing. Love you guys...
Thank you for your kind words.

Regards,
Dave