Cue ID Help

bullshooter69

Dirt Road Player
Silver Member
Would like some help with what experts think this could be.
Has wrap channel and cant see in pic but some really nice birds eyes in the forearm.

Attachments

• cue1.jpg
    cue1.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 457
  • cue3.jpg
    cue3.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 459

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rich, maybe
Viking, maybe

I am actually leaning toward early Mali as well, as in 1960's

There are other possibilities such as Murray.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From the shape of it, even if it's a fairly desirable maker and a collectible, looks like the refinish and fixing of the condition would make fixing it then selling it not worth it. Seems like anything that can be beat up in the cue short of the thing being in 4 pieces LOL, is beat up. From the rounded ferrule looks like it was used in some bar where they don't know what a tip is and just rounded the ferrule and used that to shoot with. I've seen that happen in a few places.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From the shape of it, even if it's a fairly desirable maker and a collectible, looks like the refinish and fixing of the condition would make fixing it then selling it not worth it.

Indeed, a refinish would likely meet or exceed the value of the cue. But that does not mean it isn't worth doing as a keeper if you like the cue. Refinishing to flip it likely won't make anything and could certainly easily lose money.

Checking these old merry widows out is worthwhile. Never know when you might run into a Paradise or Doc Fry or something like that. Then there is no question a basic refinish is worth it IMHO.

Find an old cue? Never hurts to ask around. :)

dnixon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with doc sometimes it's not the resell value just fixing up a old Cue and making it yours!��