Ken Shuman SVB statement

EL'nino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ken keeps saying that SVB won the US Open on the first time he entered it in 2007. Well I disagree, I remember Shane playing in it in 2006. Can anyone here confirm who is correct? Thanks

EL'nino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
finished 33rd in 2006

Dam that was quick. I remember him losing to Lee Vann. I watched that match. Thanks I hope somebody passes this to Ken because he keeps saying this & it's not true. He's usually a very accurate pool historian.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Ken keeps saying that SVB won the US Open on the first time he entered it in 2007. Well I disagree, I remember Shane playing in it in 2006. Can anyone here confirm who is correct? Thanks

I don't recall the entries or any matches that Shane played in the 2006 US Open....
...but I would have to bet he played in it....
...'cause i watched Shane beat Cliff Joiner at QMasters during that week...
...they played 8-ball on a Valley...and Shane ran a lot of racks.

EL'nino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't recall the entries or any matches that Shane played in the 2006 US Open....
...but I would have to bet he played in it....
...'cause i watched Shane beat Cliff Joiner at QMasters during that week...
...they played 8-ball on a Valley...and Shane ran a lot of racks.
Funny you mention Cliff. The SVB/Lee Vann match I mentioned, me & Cliff bet 40 on & SVB was winning 10 to 7 & I let cliff buy out for 20 & Lee Vann came back to win.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
No offense to Ken, but he seems to miss a lot of calls in the booth as well. He just said Shane could shoot the 8 in the side in game 9 and I can tell you there was no way Shane was gonna try to shoot that 8 in the side.

EL'nino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No offense to Ken, but he seems to miss a lot of calls in the booth as well. He just said Shane could shoot the 8 in the side in game 9 and I can tell you there was no way Shane was gonna try to shoot that 8 in the side.
I agree, that 8 was never going in the side

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Not a huge pool

Of refs at Ken's level.
I was lucky enough to get to meet KS in 2013 and 2015, both years Ken was put into some crazy spots. If I had been dealing with the pressure that Mr Shuman has been put in I may have exploded.

Here is a thread about Ken and the poster who speak of him are a "whos who" in the billiards world.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=349713

snucar

World Snucar Champion
Silver Member
He's not a good referee at the cup either.

Well said. He may be well respected in the States due to lack of decent refs there but every time I try to put him side by side with refs of Rees or Tabb's caliber, he looks almost amateurish.

Banks

Banned

Unless he entered it twice in 2007, that would be correct. :groucho:

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Schmidt won in 2006, Shane ended up 33-48 position
( what a difference a decade makes)

Screenshot_2016-11-20-12-19-48~2.jpg
Source: national billiard news Nov 2006
Azb goldmine

Last edited: