old news? efren getting the 8 and a game

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you buy the spread on youtube, all of the old garde have been getting games on the wire for some time and more recently - couple years maybe longer, extra balls. Seems like a normal economic progression.

Nullus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just like most money games in the small billiard clubs in the Philippines, it's a packed house, and there's so much movement and sharking going on throughout the match. I truly believe this has at least a small affect on the psyche of the top players from there when they compete abroad. They're already programmed to tune it out.

One other thing of note, it appears even Efren doesn't take his regular cue into some of the local establishments. I don't believe that's the same cue he's been playing with in tournaments of late.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Efren's tshirt was neverlosepoker.com - I've heard he likes the cards. I wonder how much.

Rumor had it Fats lost his pool money at the card table.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
no, its just that over there is a bunch of kids that can beat all those guys and they know it. alex, efren, etc get spotted over there and tend to lose to those players.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
why are they racking the 8 as second ball? efren even wins by making it on the break

The only thing I can think of is that they appeared to be racking the same way the whole game so the other fellow had the chance to sink the 8 on the break and take it away from Efren.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
no, its just that over there is a bunch of kids that can beat all those guys and they know it. alex, efren, etc get spotted over there and tend to lose to those players.

Exactly... no need to wonder why these young guys come out from over there already world beaters spotting Efrin the 8:eek:

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Efren will be 68 in August.
Not 88.

Efren Reyes

Filipino pool player, nicknamed The Magician and Bata, is a Filipino professional pool player. A winner of over 80 international titles, Reyes was the first player to win world championships in two different disciplines in pool.

Born: August 26, 1954 (age 65 years), Angeles, Philippines

Was in the PI in my younger years (active duty AF)...he's a legend over there but what you don't see are all the little "Efrens" (not his children) running around that are playing every day to scratch out a living. They are all deadly on the table and play like their lives depend on it.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Correction.....I think it was auto correct

Efren is 65...will be 66 later this year