SBX Amateur event: final 4

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Anyone know who the other 3 guys left are? I've been watching C_Bruner here from AZ play some lights out pool on Facebook the past few days and he's one of the 4 left.

Tough field, congrats to Chris for making it this far and good luck rest of the way!

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Last edited:

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Chris Bruner, Larry Kressel, Christopher Byers, and the winner of Dany Normandin vs. Joe Hong. file:///C:/Users/chuck/Downloads/FinalsBracket%20(6).pdf

Thanks man.

I'm pretty sure if you look up Chris Bruner on Facebook you can see him stream his next match, he's streamed the past 6/7 matches.

What site are you finding these results?
Do you mind posting a link?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks man.

I'm pretty sure if you look up Chris Bruner on Facebook you can see him stream his next match, he's streamed the past 6/7 matches.

What site are you finding these results?
Do you mind posting a link?

The link for the brackets is in Post #2.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What's the prize for the armature winners

The first Super Billiards Expo was in 1993. The Open Amateur event paid the winner (some young'un named Rodney Morris) $5,000.

This year is the 25th SBE. With about 4 times as many entrants in the Open Amateur event as in the first year, this year's event will pay the winner ........................... $5,000.

[But that's enough for an amateur. :smile:]

c_bruner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Larry and myself live in the same city and play on the same masters team. Pretty good showing for 2 working stiffs.... if I do say so myself.

Allen took out 31k just for the amateur event. I got 2k for 3rd

befd158bfa972427d09fd7d14885c5b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Larry and myself live in the same city and play on the same masters team. Pretty good showing for 2 working stiffs.... if I do say so myself.

Allen took out 31k just for the amateur event. I got 2k for 3rd

befd158bfa972427d09fd7d14885c5b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you got yourself a sick barbox game and you can bank with the best of em. I was kinda hooked this weekend watching you run over everyone and given you play aggressive and quick, it's easy to want to tune in to see the next one and the next one after that.

Great run man, that tourney is a grind

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The first Super Billiards Expo was in 1993. The Open Amateur event paid the winner (some young'un named Rodney Morris) $5,000.

This year is the 25th SBE. With about 4 times as many entrants in the Open Amateur event as in the first year, this year's event will pay the winner ........................... $5,000.

That was my first expo , ,It was pretty clear Rodney was going to be a super star player
I'm glad Allan has kept this going for many it's a yearly meet and greet it's been great to also see , junior players of the past grow up into great players , Morra , Sky , Thorpe just to name a few
Also the added events , seniors ,super seniors , and One pocket have been great additions ,, along with the Wed warm up have been great add ons

Id hate to see this event end , it's for me the best event of the yr ,and Allan should be applauded for his work to bring this to us not chastised for his payouts ,, i

The Chipsta

Registered

This is that time of year when everyone wants to complain about Allen making money for doing something good for everyone. He has big expenses and a ton of work. When someone steps up with a better idea.....but no one does. Let the whining begin again.

This is that time of year when everyone wants to complain about Allen making money for doing something good for everyone. He has big expenses and a ton of work. When someone steps up with a better idea.....but no one does. Let the whining begin again.
You're exactly right.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Allen Hopkins always, always has the best trophies in the world. I know those aren't cheap, but, man, what a keepsake.

When Keith and Shannon came down to the finals one year, I cared more about that damn trophy than the payout. Keith was only interested in the cheese. :grin-square:

I guess you can see who won the trophy from this photo. It only hurt a little bit for Keith. Shannon was tickled pink when he took that trophy home. :)

Attachments

• Keith and Shannon 2005 SBE.JPG
    Keith and Shannon 2005 SBE.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 128