Is it normal for ur cue to graze ur nipple when shooting

Lou Loulacy

Registered
Bwahahaha. ..thanks for tha laughs and advice. As all of you can see, this is not a question I can ask in the hall I play at. I would have been bantered all the time about my nipple. ..oops. .I meant, TEATS problem ������
Shooting a bit and thought about this. How low is your head while shooting? Sometimes I rest my chin on the cue when I need precise aim (get my head on same plane as the cue). I heard of snooker players that do this. That is the main time that my cue rubs against my chest. I wouldn't want to be doing that all the time though.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The OP isn't the only one with this problem....
...but i got a suspicion that this one is better looking...

IMG_3724.JPG

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Is it normal for ur cue to graze ur nipple when shooting?

I would have say no it's not...especially if you become aroused by it.

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I laughed reading the OP for a couple reasons. 1. I figured they must be a snooker player converting to pool... 2. Couldn't wait for the replies.

Snooker stance can lead to this when you begin to stand taller or facing too square to the table with your body. Usually "square" refers more to the feet position and direction of feet. For a right handed player, the straight right leg and bent left leg turns the body towards the 45 degree line. The proper position/path for the cue is directly under the right shoulder running outside the chest/nipple. Your thumb should be close to hitting your nipple on finish stroke when using power.

Pool players/stance have the cue line more between nipples and away from chest. They dont have 4 point contact on the cue like snooker (back hand, chest, chin, bridge), usually just 2 the grip and bridge hands. Although the trend for top pool players now is low to the cue.

Power can still be generated with more of a snooker approach. You just don't require as much because you are hitting the CB cleaner losing less energy with undesired siding. You can also go further out on the edge of the CB for spins allowing softer hits for good action.

Correction is the most important part of any stance... be comfortable and stable. put the cue on the line and wrap yourself around it until you are comfortable. That is the best stance for you.

Last edited:

jaycast16

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it feels weird but it feels good right?.......i mean when you are making balls with proper stance.