What is the longest someone has played pool?

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
So does anyone know the world record for the longest time someone have played pool? I ask cause I think it would be fun to do. I played 15 racks of pool today. Took my about 3.5 hours. It would be so much fun never sitting down only standing and never stopping just keep shooting.

Thanks

I've been playing for 57 yrs. I started when I was 1. Chewed a cigar the whole time too. lol

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doing a search does nothing for your post counts. :boring2:

Tomorrow question will be: How long have you shot pool without going to the bathroom...?

Sundays preview will be : Do you ever use the light reflections on the balls to align your shots...?

Some more suggested topics...

Have you ever stood on one leg the entire match?

What is you favorite color of felt?

Did your wife get your cue stick in the divorce?

Have you ever dated a waitress at your pool room?

Does your wife suspect that your not really playing pool on Tuesday night?

Do you hold your pecker at the urinal with your shooting hand or your bridge hand?

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
My partner, who doesn't come online, had played for charity, to raise money at the age of 19 in 1977. He played a 36 hour session as the article details.

Around the same time Mark opened George's Billiard Supply, named in tribute to George Balabushka to help pay for his college education.

JV

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 277
  • imagejpeg_1.jpg
    imagejpeg_1.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_20200605_213346749.jpg
    IMG_20200605_213346749.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 270

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Board roads shouldn't end at a bar!

The board road the land rig I was working on came out to the highway right by a bar with a pool table. We were just going in the ground and were jointing up a new section of pipe every seven minutes. Biggest land rig in the world, the lead tongs I was swinging weighed six hundred pounds. Even hanging from a cable that is a lot of weight to swing around.

Worked twelve, shot pool for twelve, worked twelve, shot another few hours, decided I was getting pretty ripe and a shower, nap, and change of clothes might be a good idea! This was on the natch.

I had a friend that played for three days straight. By the third day he was a zombie, just going through the motions. He had went from about shortstop to pure banger, couldn't make a ball in the ocean. He had swapped dancing partners a handful of times during that three days and eventually gave back almost all he had won. Would have went broke had I not drug him out of the place.

My personal record, maybe twenty-four hours on the natch.

Hu

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I played 27hrs when I got my 10'er about 7/8 years ago.

I prefer playing alone, so thats a lot of shooting.

Never lived around a 24hr poolroom, so, most days growing up were probably no more than 12hrs.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played 27hrs when I got my 10'er about 7/8 years ago.

I prefer playing alone, so thats a lot of shooting.

Never lived around a 24hr poolroom, so, most days growing up were probably no more than 12hrs.

Pretty sure that's what has stopped a lot of people from playing for days.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty sure that's what has stopped a lot of people from playing for days.

I worked in a pool room as a kid and throughout my teens. If we had big money games, we closed at our night closing time and then locked the doors and continued.

If I, or the room owner, was playing someone we didn't charge extra for the table time.

If we were not playing and stayed open for two other players the price went way up. The owner usually had money on one of the players when this happened.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I might be in the running for longest time on the natural.........
...twice half way through the fourth day....but it was for serious dough....
....Adrenalin was my drug...both sessions started out $100 a game....
...but the price kept going up....and both times I went through 4 or 5 players...
...never had one guy stick it out with me.

But I know of quite a few guys played longer...but chemical warfare was involved.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I worked in a pool room as a kid and throughout my teens. If we had big money games, we closed at our night closing time and then locked the doors and continued.

If I, or the room owner, was playing someone we didn't charge extra for the table time.

If we were not playing and stayed open for two other players the price went way up. The owner usually had money on one of the players when this happened.

Unfortunately, the owners of our local hall weren't that accommodating.

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
Yikes!

I might be in the running for longest time on the natural.........
...twice half way through the fourth day....but it was for serious dough....
....Adrenalin was my drug...both sessions started out $100 a game....
...but the price kept going up....and both times I went through 4 or 5 players...
...never had one guy stick it out with me.

But I know of quite a few guys played longer...but chemical warfare was involved.

You have to have a bunch of stories you ain't telling! Cough up a few, please, purty please??

You could have killed people trying to hang with you like Artie did, and I mean that seriously. I have been up three days on the natch working and driving a truck. About three days in I start seeing things like houses in the middle of the interstate! Saw a cow herd there too, that was a bit more challenging. Were the cows real or not? Heck with it, I'm rolling eighty miles an hour in a cabover, if they are real I'm gonna tenderize a lot of beef! They weren't real but I wasn't positive until I drove in amongst them.

I hear of chem players that could keep it together but the chem players I dealt with lost the balance sooner or later. Thought they were playing like gods when they couldn't make a ball in the ocean. Since the bet had been increasing it didn't take me long to catch up and double up.

Hu

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
You have to have a bunch of stories you ain't telling! Cough up a few, please, purty please??

You could have killed people trying to hang with you like Artie did, and I mean that seriously. I have been up three days on the natch working and driving a truck. About three days in I start seeing things like houses in the middle of the interstate! Saw a cow herd there too, that was a bit more challenging. Were the cows real or not? Heck with it, I'm rolling eighty miles an hour in a cabover, if they are real I'm gonna tenderize a lot of beef! They weren't real but I wasn't positive until I drove in amongst them.

I hear of chem players that could keep it together but the chem players I dealt with lost the balance sooner or later. Thought they were playing like gods when they couldn't make a ball in the ocean. Since the bet had been increasing it didn't take me long to catch up and double up.

Hu

I’ve never found out if I could out-last a chemical player...they tended to run out of $$$.
...I’m a ball runner and pretty good at opening shots, but with a guy getting outside help
I would start out on the grind...put him in places he didn’t know existed...the chemicals
rarely make them a better thinker...just physically more fearless.

I tend to gamble with the philosophy that fear is my friend...it’s what keeps us from stepping
off cliffs and protecting ourselves on the battle field....works at gambling also.
I liked gambling with bluffers, the kind of guy that whistles as they pass a dark alley...
..I want to look down that alley without bullshitting myself.
I used to tell my friends that seeking confidence is for suckers...if you do the right things,
confidence will ARRIVE....and that’s the real thing.

I couldn’t always live up to what I’m talking about...but in trying...I had some fair results.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
My longest was only 9 hrs (my house). But.......
We were drinking, stopped at 3 am, up for work at 5:30 am! He missed work!Haha
*And I was about 46 at the time. Not too shabby.😉

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
aiming high

I’ve never found out if I could out-last a chemical player...they tended to run out of $$$.
...I’m a ball runner and pretty good at opening shots, but with a guy getting outside help
I would start out on the grind...put him in places he didn’t know existed...the chemicals
rarely make them a better thinker...just physically more fearless.

I tend to gamble with the philosophy that fear is my friend...it’s what keeps us from stepping
off cliffs and protecting ourselves on the battle field....works at gambling also.
I liked gambling with bluffers, the kind of guy that whistles as they pass a dark alley...
..I want to look down that alley without bullshitting myself.
I used to tell my friends that seeking confidence is for suckers...if you do the right things,
confidence will ARRIVE....and that’s the real thing.

I couldn’t always live up to what I’m talking about...but in trying...I had some fair results.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of death I shall fear no evil because I am the meanest in the valley! I told myself that true or not. Inner courage translates to your best effort. The fearful or timid put chains on themselves. We both know you just have to wade in amongst them and see what happens. I didn't win them all, but I certainly took my shots at things.

Hu