Old
  (#16)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Exclamation 01-27-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
i am sorry for the large pic
i have a new laptop and havent figured out how to make the uploads smaller...

for better sized pics

go to your profile here on azbilliards

create a photo album, upload pics there

once done, it will provide an image code that you copy and paste in the comment and the photo will appear

all photos done this way will be the same size, perfectly sized photos for the forum

Old
  (#17)
greyghost
exile
greyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond reputegreyghost has a reputation beyond repute

01-28-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low500 View Post
I got to get better at being thorough...I keep having to clean up loose ends. Sorry for my incompetence...(I write like I shoot pool..not so hot).
I'm talking about some instructors who think they're God's gift to the world...and can't make a ball in combat when the pressure is on 'em. Not referring to championship players who've just slipped up physically along the way.
And for what it's worth, remember when Buddy was in his prime, he was a lean mean fighting machine who could go at it for hours..so was Ronnie Allen,....I don't know why those fellas let themselves go like they did. Really bad on the health.
Many professional athletes seem to do that....I recall seeing Joe Louis before he died and he was almost like a blob. I guess they just stop training..?
Just my opinion though, and really doesn't amount to a hill of beans in the overall big picture.
Stay happy.

Probably the toughest part of being a really good athlete in most pro sports you have to be super fit of course.

You eat a lot of food to fuel your body, when you quit, retire or whatever some of those habits you never had issues with put the sneak on you.

Some of those guys got legs knees hips shoulders elbows and hands busted to hell. Most of them earned their right to not be worried about that anymore too Id guess.

Hell half the so called health food today is garbage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
  (#18)
sparkle84
AzB Silver Member
sparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond repute

02-04-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranCrimi View Post
I've heard of collision induced throw, but collision induced spin? Never heard that one before. I hope Bob Jewett can weigh in on that. Great question.
I find this extremely hard to believe. The amount of time you've been around and you aren't aware of this.

Old
  (#19)
FranCrimi
AzB Silver Member
FranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond reputeFranCrimi has a reputation beyond repute

02-07-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle84 View Post
I find this extremely hard to believe. The amount of time you've been around and you aren't aware of this.
Yeah, I'm pretty dumb. Maybe you can provide us with some relevant information, like exactly how much spin the cue ball picks up at varying cut angles and how it affects the path of the cue ball.

Been Verified. Supporter of responsible teaching. Background checks for instructors, especially those who teach kids.

Old
  (#20)
magicrat69210
AzB Silver Member
magicrat69210 has a reputation beyond reputemagicrat69210 has a reputation beyond reputemagicrat69210 has a reputation beyond reputemagicrat69210 has a reputation beyond reputemagicrat69210 has a reputation beyond reputemagicrat69210 has a reputation beyond reputemagicrat69210 has a reputation beyond reputemagicrat69210 has a reputation beyond reputemagicrat69210 has a reputation beyond reputemagicrat69210 has a reputation beyond reputemagicrat69210 has a reputation beyond repute

02-19-2018, 03:34 AM

To answer the OPs question I'm almost positive Danny D was referring to the spin the angle into the cushion would create..... like if you hit into a rail at a steep angle in naturally picks up running English around the table. I'm sure it made sense to Danny but he wasn't thinking about explaining it to someone...... or I could be wrong entirely lol

Old
  (#21)
magicrat69210
AzB Silver Member
magicrat69210 has a reputation beyond reputemagicrat69210 has a reputation beyond reputemagicrat69210 has a reputation beyond reputemagicrat69210 has a reputation beyond reputemagicrat69210 has a reputation beyond reputemagicrat69210 has a reputation beyond reputemagicrat69210 has a reputation beyond reputemagicrat69210 has a reputation beyond reputemagicrat69210 has a reputation beyond reputemagicrat69210 has a reputation beyond reputemagicrat69210 has a reputation beyond repute

02-19-2018, 03:59 AM

To answer the OPs question I'm almost positive Danny D was referring to the spin the angle into the cushion would create..... like if you hit into a rail at a steep angle in naturally picks up running English around the table. I'm sure it made sense to Danny but he wasn't thinking about explaining it to someone...... or I could be wrong entirely lol

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: