John Schmidt says CTE works after all.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Have any of the CTE haters taken an actual certified lesson and walked away still feeling that it doesn't work?

Or are all of you still assuming things? Not exactly sure I've seen more narrow-minded people in my life.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are you suggesting by the quotes around 'meeting,' Stan?

If and when you answer, don't forget:

Jim

Since you are questioning my character, the word MEETING in that context was for agreement with what bwally said......Nothing wrong with two people meeting face to face for a CIVIL discussion.

If you want to investigate my integrity any further, I am willing to take a polygraph test. You can name the bet.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Since you are questioning my character, the word MEETING in that context was for agreement with what bwally said......Nothing wrong with two people meeting face to face for a CIVIL discussion.

If you want to investigate my integrity any further, I am willing to take a polygraph test. You can name the bet.

I'd rather see the results of a polygraph test for Jal, English, Lou Figueora, Pat Johnson and a few others. A polygraph test requires either a "yes" or "no answer.

The 1st question would be: "Have you watched/studied CTE Dvd #1 and CTE PRO1 #2 in their entirety and attempted to integrate them into actual play"?

Question #2: "Can you explain in detail the steps to finding the visuals and then moving into the shot with either a manual pivot or Pro1 sweep to perform the shot"?

Question #3: "Have you spent at least 2 hours total working with CTE manual and PRO1 on a pool table"?

Question #4: "Are you now able to point out exactly where the method weakens and adjustments have to be made to pocket the shot"?

Question #5: "Would you be willing to either verbalize when, where, and how those adjustments have to be made or produce a video illustrating it while shooting those shots on a pool table?"

What do you think the results would be for their integrity when these 5 questions were asked on a polygraph? (UNLESS EACH OF THEM DID HAVE THE HONESTY AND INTEGRITY TO ANSWER "NO" FOR EACH QUESTION)

But who cares about a polygraph. THEY CAN ANSWER THEM RIGHT NOW WITHOUT BEING HOOKED UP.

THEY CAN ALSO TAKE THE STEPS FURTHER AND GO BEYOND "YES" OR "NO" BY GOING INTO DETAIL WITH THOSE 5 QUESTIONS TO PROVE BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT THEY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT AND THE SO CALLED DEFICIENCES OF CTE.

THEY WON'T BECAUSE EACH OF THEM HAS THE INTEGRITY OF A (fill in the blanks) (watch out for getting banned because it would be very easy to do, especially with English and Jal pouncing in their favorite game to report the post to a moderator to have someone banned for rule breaking by name calling)

Last edited:

GoldenFlash

Banned
Have any of the CTE haters taken an actual certified lesson and walked away still feeling that it doesn't work?
Or are all of you still assuming things? Not exactly sure I've seen more narrow-minded people in my life.
Very astute observation, sir.
I have, of late, watched a couple of these CTE haters playing pool right on their own turf. They never knew I was there and I never said a word.
I've watched them dog perfectly predictable shots from way down there near that short rail toward a far corner pocket. All they had to do was address the shot as a routine 15 degree or 30 degree shot and pull the trigger.
But...they stayed mired in their world of guesswork and mediocrity. Resulting in a miss by a full diamond.
It's almost as if they'd rather stay hard headed, miss and lose,..... instead of at least using the CTE system in a desperate spot on the table when the entire match depends on "making that ball" or going tap city.
They seem to be obsessed with the "why" instead of the results.
I don't understand completely why electricity works in house wiring either, but I know if I grab a bare wire with my hands I am gonna' get lit up.
Icon Huh.gif

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Wait for it... Figueroa will be along any minute claiming Schmidty's buddy only gets it to work because John told him to clean the balls after every rack.

Title of this thread is kinda misleading dont you think. .....John Schmidt says CTE works after all. Is he going off his own experience? Doesn't look like it.
You cte guys will do anything for air time . What a joke...lol

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
As I said to Lou.

Ask John yourself.

Title of this thread is kinda misleading dont you think. .....John Schmidt says CTE works after all. Is he going off his own experience? Doesn't look like it.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I do want to say that it's pretty amusing, after all of these years of CTE catcalling to the effect: you're nobody; you can't play; you hide behind a keyboard; provide us a video of your play; and so-on-and-so forth -- that one itsy-bitsy inquiry about a player's capabilities has them all puckered up. Particularly after all the ballyhoo :)

Lou Figueroa

What's even more amusing and AMAZING is that YOU LOU FIGUEROA, the FIRST AND ORIGINAL CTE BASHER along with PAT JOHNSON almost 20 years ago is
still in these CTE threads instigating, belittling, and bemoaning CTE, Stan, and anybody who uses it.

Hal and CTE students NEVER said a word to those who played pool using whatever they used to pocket balls. ALL aiming systems have their positive values. It was YOU AND PJ who started this entire war and still perpetuate it along with those who have bought into your venomous hatred and garbage to become clones.

Videos have nothing to do with how they play normally, although it could be very telling. Videos are asked for them to demonstrate what their knowledge, interpretation, and skill level is with CTE itself as a result of their critical negative bashing. If they can be helped and steered in the right direction we'd all be more than happy to do that.
But none of them want to learn it or improve. All they and you care to do is maintain your positions knocking it and everyone who uses it by your actions of ignorant wordsmithing.

What I find amusing and amazing is you were actually a respected Lt. Colonel in the Air Force who has now devoted his retired life to being a hateful, pitiful, troll detractor on pool forums who could be having a lot more positive influence on the lives of others in many different ways.

What a waste.

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
As I said to Lou.

Ask John yourself.

Well ...you can't actually say something works unless you've tried it and posting John says it works because a friend say so is pretty much misleading like I wrote earlier.

Has John tried it? If not, why would someone post such BS.
I get it though, cte needs it .:smile:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I've seen both DVDs and did a review on the first one explaining where I found fault. (I passed on reviewing the second one feeling that would be "piling on.") If you're suggesting there is some sort of requirement for a one-on-one training session with a CTE instructor before the system is comprehensible, that would be a problem for all those that bought the "stand alone" DVDs in good faith, no?

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I said to Lou.

Ask John yourself.

Why? Brain Wallace is here and doesn't want to talk about himself.

oh, and JS apologized to me for the confrontation at the US Open another has alluded to. He said he was told that I had said something that pissed him off. Later, when he told that individual that he'd confronted me, the guy backpedaled and John said he could tell the guy had lied. So John apologized to me a year later at the DCC.

I would like to think that though I'm not on John's Christmas card list, we are now good.

Lou Figueroa

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I've seen both DVDs and did a review on the first one explaining where I found fault. (I passed on reviewing the second one feeling that would be "piling on.")

Lou Figueroa

The only reason you got the Dvds was to find fault. It was a premeditated foregone conclusion beforehand.

I guarantee you didn't spend one minute on the table working with any of it and I don't know how you could since you don't have a table at home. You certainly didn't take a portable Dvd player with you to the pool room.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
The OP posted Johns post from Facebook. Friend John and ask him.

Jeez......

Well ...you can't actually say something works unless you've tried it and posting John says it works because a friend say so is pretty much misleading like I wrote earlier.

Has John tried it? If not, why would someone post such BS.
I get it though, cte needs it .:smile:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

oh, and JS apologized to me for the confrontation at the US Open another has alluded to. He said he was told that I had said something that pissed him off. Later, when he told that individual that he'd confronted me, the guy backpedaled and John said he could tell the guy had lied. So John apologized to me a year later at the DCC.

I would like to think that though I'm not on John's Christmas card list, we are now good.

Lou Figueroa

I'm 100% certain you aren't on John's Christmas card list as well as many others on pool forums. There are a number of men on forums and in real life who would have liked to drag your butt out to a parking lot and wasted you.

When it gets to a point where somebody gets so pi$$ed off to call another person out to the parking lot wanting to beat the living sh!t out of them, there's pure hatred and lack of respect.

Although apologies may come later to soothe the tension and make some sort of peace to proceed as a "gentleman", those feelings never really go away.

And I think you know it from the way you referred to the "Christmas card list". At least that showed a sign of insight and honesty.

Last edited:

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Then get the information from John since you are all good.

Brian already gave you an explanation, and it seems reasonable to me. If he does not want to engage some of the posters on this forum, that is his business.

The whole point of this thread, is the shifting of Johns opinion on CTE and other aiming systems (so it seems to me)

So again, you want answers.....ask John.

Lou Figueroa

Jal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since you are questioning my character, the word MEETING in that context was for agreement with what bwally said......Nothing wrong with two people meeting face to face for a CIVIL discussion..
Sure, Stan. You weren't suggesting Lou receive a little facial in the process, were you? Nah.

...wondering in what county the moderators have drawn the line for the CTE group.

Jim

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sure, Stan. You weren't suggesting Lou receive a little facial in the process, were you? Nah.

...wondering in what county the moderators have drawn the line for the CTE group.

Jim

I resent your your implication! It pisses me off and that is the TRUTH.

If you and I ever meet, I will give the low-down on my comment and you will then understand and if you are any kind of man at all, you will apologize.

Stan Shuffett

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member

With all due respect, I think you do not have a very good understanding of the situation & what has been going on for so long.

Personally I think most of the individuals that have objections regarding it, the"haters" as you & some others call them, are the more open minded individuals in comparison to the proponents.

I don't think anyone has ever said that it does not work in the sense that one can not utilize it & play well. I also do not think that anyone has said that it can not be an aid or that it can not be beneficial.

One of the objections has been it being called a system vs a method. As has been said by others that is a bit of semantics, BUT... the word system does have a different connotation vs the term method.

Then, seemingly the largest objection is it being called an 'objective aiming system'.

That implies that there are objective visual indicators for every shot that can be seen by everyone & using them will result in pocketing the shot & it does not require any subjective interpretations, etc. by the shooter.

However... perception is at the core of it & by definition perception is subjective & if the core of it is dependent on subjective perceptions then how can it be an 'objective aiming system'?

That phrase too has sort of been suggested to be & thrown into the realm of relative semantics but that phrase has a far more suggestive implication than just the word system.

So, you see the dispute has not really been about whether or not it can work for someone but rather what exactly is it & what is it that would allow it to work for someone.

On one side it is claimed, asserted, to be an 'objective aiming system' & that it is 'connected' to any 2:1 ratio rectangular table (the balls remain the same size yet there are many different sized tables) That is a rather provocative assertion.

On the other side it is said to be a subjective method just as all other aiming methods are subjectively learned & utilized.

I hope that gives you a better understanding of matters & I do not think it is fair, right, or civil to refer to anyone as a "hater" just because they have a different understanding of something & express that understanding openly.

IF the assertions were not made or if they were corrected or retracted, then the whole long standing hub bub would probably cease & disappear.

The issue as I have laid it out for you IS an issue of the mind & intellect, & the individuals that have objections have been & are willing to discuss it in a rational logical intelligent manner, but it is the proponents & that have resorted to name calling, personal insults & 'attacks', along with ridiculous challenges & propositions that would prove nothing in the realm of an intellectual discussion or debate. Intellectual discussion is the ONLY means of any resolution regarding the issue since it is of the mind & intellect. No demonstration can prove whether or not one's subjective subconscious mind is in play or not or whether the demonstration involves ONLY the visual seeing & aligning to objective indicators with no subjectively learned perceptions involved.

Those matters can ONLY be determined through rational cognitive critical thinking & explanation.

Again I hope this gives you & others a better understanding of the situation.

Best Wishes for You & Yours.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then get the information from John since you are all good.

Brian already gave you an explanation, and it seems reasonable to me. If he does not want to engage some of the posters on this forum, that is his business.

The whole point of this thread, is the shifting of Johns opinion on CTE and other aiming systems (so it seems to me)

So again, you want answers.....ask John.

You are missing my point.

JS FB post speaks to his position. Fine.

My question, which is not addressed in JS FB post: what level player is Brian Wallace? JS FB post does not speak to that point and BW here will not address it. With all the ballyhoo surrounding the OP and Brian Wallace, I think BW level of expertise is a salient question best answered in the first person. If he doesn't want answer, so be it. But put the drums, cymbals, and trumpets away, lol.

Lou Figueroa

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
My question, which is not addressed in JS FB post: what level player is Brian Wallace? JS FB post does not speak to that point and BW here will not address it. With all the ballyhoo surrounding the OP and Brian Wallace, I think BW level of expertise is a salient question best answered in the first person. If he doesn't want answer, so be it. But put the drums, cymbals, and trumpets away, lol.

Lou Figueroa

What a normal hypocritical response coming from the GREAT PLAYER Lou Figueroa.

Earlier you badmouthed any CTE player for wanting to know the level of play for a bashing non-CTE user or asking for a video because it was irrelevant.

But now you're pressing the envelope to find out how Brian Wallace plays because he is a CTE proponent. ROTFLMAO!!! (H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E)

Why do you need to know so badly? Do you want to play him in a match? You might get stomped Lou, just like you would have by someone in the parking lot.

(Lou also claims to have me on IGNORE which is why he supposedly can't read my posts or respond since he doesn't know. BULLSH!T!! The IGNORE feature on here does hide posts made by someone on IGNORE, BUT, it's only when logged in. If a person stays logged in at all times but comes in to read other posts from time to time, their name pops up as to who is on line. If a person has someone on IGNORE but logs out, when they do click onto the forum to read, the IGNORE function does NOT work and ALL POSTS can be seen. He knows everything being written.)

Last edited:

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm not a "CTE guy". I've tried it out of curiosity and it does work for me, but I'm not married to it or anything. Seems to me, though, that you're a lot more interested in "air time" than I am.