10' Brunswick free in Chicago

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
free 10fts sound fine until you realize how much work it takes to move em, and how much it costs to pay a table mover

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
i bought a 10' "MONARCH" from Lorimors in Oak Park, Il. in the early 70's

Excellent shape

flipped it a few years later after relocating

wish i would have known then what i know,,,about gutters and 10' Monarchs

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice looking table. Can’t beat free.

F78682AF-B9E1-4921-9325-10D618BD1514.jpeg

75DCDF70-93DC-450C-BD03-B0A799A13A45.jpeg

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Huge basement room- I do not see any support columns, perhaps they had a steel beam installed in the basement ceiling. Very few would have the room for that size table without expensive modifications to a room. also, competitive players would need to probably install new cushions, cloth, and the pockets on those tables were usually very large with very shallow slate shelves- nothing like a modern Diamond table.
Moving & set up cost also very expensive - makes sense to let it go for free if you really want to move it in a short time frame.

cjl0s

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
The truth is very few people want a 5x10 table. I have mine listed on Denver CL and no serious interest. I am replacing mine with another one (5x10 anniversary snooker). Even if the rare someone wants one very few people have the space or are willing to commit space for one. A nine footer makes more sense and is more realistic for most.

My listing is expiring in a few days and I may convert the slates into a bar or basement countertop. Or I may store for a while. The chicago table is much nicer than mine and is free. I would never let someone in my house for free stuff. If I can't drag it out it will either stay or I will dismantle it with a sledge hammer or circular saw LOL.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Huge basement room- I do not see any support columns, perhaps they had a steel beam installed in the basement ceiling. Very few would have the room for that size table without expensive modifications to a room. also, competitive players would need to probably install new cushions, cloth, and the pockets on those tables were usually very large with very shallow slate shelves- nothing like a modern Diamond table.
Moving & set up cost also very expensive - makes sense to let it go for free if you really want to move it in a short time frame.

There ain’t no such thing as a free puppy... :rolleyes:

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my Canadian city we get a free table listing about once a week. These often include all the accessories.

I collect cues and balls from thrift stores but he collects via these ads. He has good instinct based on the address, age of table, etc. He goes out and has a look at the table. He’ll offer cash for the cues, balls, Cue racks, lights, etc. Or, he offers to haul it to the dump for the accessories. A sort of hobby for him.

Last edited:

cjl0s

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
In my Canadian city we get a free table listing about once a week. These often include all the accessories.

I collect cues and balls from thrift stores but he collects via these ads. He has good instinct based on the address, age of table, etc. He goes out and has a look at the table. He’ll offer cash for the cues, balls, Cue racks, lights, etc. Or, he offers to haul it to the dump for the accessories. A sort of hobby for him.

I suspect some of the people that have responded to my ad are mainly interested in what I would potentially throw in. One guy that came barely looked at the table but was focused on the light, cue racks balls etc.

It is hard to even find guys that will move a 5x10. If you find someone there will be an upcharge for moving, new rubber, cloth etc. Not everyone knows how to set up an old table properly particularly a snooker table in the US. The mechanic that moved my anniversary hired some kids off of Molly (which is like Uber for moving). I It makes little sense unless you are actually invested in finding one, in which case you probably already have one. In the end I had to find a second guy because the first one could not finish it. resulting in extra cost. A buyer would have to be local as the transportation costs will be prohibitive other than locally. Far more than the cost of that *free* table.

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10’ tables are monsters. Would love access to play one, but owning probably not.

vinniebabarooch

Wanna Sell Your Hercek?
Gold Member
Silver Member
Will you need body-armor to go get it??? Parts of Chitown are just a TAD dangerous.

Chicago is a great city. If you stay out of two areas bordering it you will be just fine. Doubt you would go into those areas anyway, nothing there but gangbangers selling dope.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chicago is a great city. If you stay out of two areas bordering it you will be just fine. Doubt you would go into those areas anyway, nothing there but gangbangers selling dope.
Does Google/Mapquest offer "non gunfire routes" thru town?? Body count there is higher than Dodge City.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That can’t be the original ball box. Very strange how it sticks out. If you had a long shot and had to lean in to the table on that end, it would be impossible! I wonder if it’s a drawer and slides in?