Not breaking safe!

Halfjack87

In Training
Silver Member
I've just started trying to do 'safe' breaks - I mean the very first break of the game for 14.1 - but I'm not having much luck.

Currently I've been positioning the ball near the head string under the head-rail's right-hand diamond. Putting no English on the ball, I'm aiming to just barely hit the back right ball on the rack.

I've not found much online on how to do the initial safe break, and am open to suggestions - any advise or links appreciated!

:)

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've just started trying to do 'safe' breaks - I mean the very first break of the game for 14.1 - but I'm not having much luck.

Currently I've been positioning the ball near the head string under the head-rail's right-hand diamond. Putting no English on the ball, I'm aiming to just barely hit the back right ball on the rack.

I've not found much online on how to do the initial safe break, and am open to suggestions - any advise or links appreciated!

:)

Place the cue ball on the line about 3/4 diamond from the side cushion. Play thin on the corner ball with outside english. The cue ball should hit end rail, side rail, side rail and maybe end rail. The ball you hit should not bounce out far enough to leave a shot. The other corner ball should go to the side cushion and return.

It helps to have the balls tight across the bottom of the rack.

Halfjack87

In Training
Silver Member
Wow - Thanks Bob, that little adjust towards the edge with matching side English - three or four breaks in I saw my best safety break so far! :D

Also, Tony, nice link!

Thanks guys!