AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finally...

a1206d8813dd3aae149b52207f7ea0e0.jpg

11a23813bacc7f9033a7b63a446c609f.jpg

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am guess it is a Tascarella...... Packed the same way mine was a few years ago.

hachi808

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was quick. Anyone know if there's a particular reason for all the happy face stickers on the packing tape?

df43070eb5413a8264c00dec35ea9ad8.jpg

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you were a cue maker and you had a waiting list as long as Pete's, you would be happy too...lol.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tascarella

Nice looking cue. A few of my friends have those sleeved stainless joints and love them. He makes a great cue and every one I have tried plays fantastic.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Awesome Hoppe... Congrats! A lot of makers only wish they knew what the Pete's know let alone be able to make a cue even close to the way they do.. Enjoy It!!

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Pete and Pete make great cues. There is something to be said about tradition and old school techniques...

JV

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tascarella makes an outstanding cue. I love the way mine feels and looks.

Get ready for a boatload of compliments on your cue the next time you get to the pool hall. I really like that design and it is done with good taste.

onefastmfn71

21 oz ebony....old school
Silver Member
-

Gorgeous............, but I have to question the wisdom in shipping a multi-thousand dollar cue in such inadequate packaging.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Gorgeous............, but I have to question the wisdom in shipping a multi-thousand dollar cue in such inadequate packaging.

Inadequate???...The cue is fully wrapped in bubble wrap, with each part fully separated, then "bubble wheels" at two points to suspend the cue in the center of the packaging to protect against the occasional bump to the package..

Absolutely nothing inadequate about it imo...

Skins ------------- has received several "bubble wheels" :)

2strong4u

Banned

First thiing that came to mind...just wow. I'd be scared to be responsible for that. I've seen the triangle boxes ripped in half or tire tracks over them.

Second thing was how nice traditional tascarellas are, great cue.

onefastmfn71

21 oz ebony....old school
Silver Member

Inadequate???...The cue is fully wrapped in bubble wrap, with each part fully separated, then "bubble wheels" at two points to suspend the cue in the center of the packaging to protect against the occasional bump to the package..

Absolutely nothing inadequate about it imo...

If I shipped a Tasc to you in that triangle box and it got damaged.....I would be raked over the coals by you and this forum. The fact a top tier cue maker did it should not give him a free pass. These triangle boxes have been proven time and time again to be marginal at best.

I stand by my statement and I speak from experience. This box resulted in a cracked handle on a 1980's Runde Schon.

picture.php

Last edited:

Bigb'scues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I shipped a Tasc to you in that triangle box and it got damaged.....I would be raked over the coals by you and this forum. The fact a top tier cue maker did it should not give him a free pass. These triangle boxes have been proven time and time again to be marginal at best.

I stand by my statement and I speak from experience. This box resulted in a cracked handle on a 1980's Runde Schon.

picture.php

I agree with you entirely. Those boxes are shit...a hard tube box or even a piece of pvc pipe with a cap provide 100 times more protection for your cue. Especially when you spend as much as they charge for there "magic cues".

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I agree with you entirely. Those boxes are shit...a hard tube box or even a piece of pvc pipe with a cap provide 100 times more protection for your cue. Especially when you spend as much as they charge for there "magic cues".
Those flimsy USPS triangle tubes are much thinner/weaker than the FedEx or UPS tubes. The Pete's must have had good luck with this method or they wouldn't be using it.

And by the way, that is one fantastic cue. Treasure it!