delta 13 "REGULAR" rack???

icemanfred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HI
I came c\across an ebay listing for a delta 13 "regular" rack $50.

the description seemed pretty much cut and pasted from the select and elite versions offered by the same vendor.

I didn't see if on the delta 13 website though.

so I am think g if it some sort of knock off.
I contacted the vendor and an waiting to hear back.
I thought i would ask here also.

thanks.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I cant speak directly about them as I have never handled or used one, but the reviews I have seen on this one in the past, indicate the powder coating has a tendency to chip or flake off, getting on the balls and the table.

Without knowing the exact history of the company, I would guess it was an earlier design that was replaced by the select and elite for reason.

I would spend the $10-20 more and get the select. I do have that one, and its a great rack! I would recommend using loctite on the screws as some people have said they can loosen over time. I did mine when I first got it, and have had zero issues with it.

Also, dont forget the leather inserts. If you have an old leather belt you can cut your own, if not but you have aTandy leather in town, you can go there and buy some scraps for a few bucks. To attach them, just use double stick tape, thats how the 'branded' ones are held in.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you have a wife within earshot, I guaran-fookin-tee you that it is no longer a personal choice. :thumbup:

I have a wife with good ears. I have a “13” with inserts. She told me keep the noise down or she’ll take everything and leave. I’ll miss my stuff.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
The Regular rack is mentioned on their website. It was their second rack, trying to fill a less expensive market.

Discontinued for reasons mentioned above by Chuck.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I I would recommend using loctite on the screws as some people have said they can loosen over time. .

Especially when dropped on floor after racking. I watch people do that with Delta..Rack and Toss

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Regular rack is mentioned on their website. It was their second rack, trying to fill a less expensive market.

Discontinued for reasons mentioned above by Chuck.

Seybert’s said it was not up to par. The Select is an ok rack.

Last edited:

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seybert’s said it was not up to par. The Selects is an ok rack.

I’ve used the select a few times and they are OK. The Elite, with inserts, is the best rack ever. I also like the Diamond rack but sometimes the balls stick to the rack, no problem with the Elite.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’ve used the select a few times and they are OK. The Elite, with inserts, is the best rack ever. I also like the Diamond rack but sometimes the balls stick to the rack, no problem with the Elite.

I use Diamond racks at our clubhouse. At home I have a gold Elite with inserts...and I agree with you. It is an outstanding rack...that will last a lifetime if handled properly (not dropping on Floor).......
and on a side note you shoot some seriously good 1P. Congrats on your 1p.org win.

Last edited:

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spend the extra money, get your Elite rack fully customized, and yes...keep a small phillips head screwdriver in your bag to occasionally tighten the screws. Don't worry, if one gets lost...they are easy to find in the hardware store.

For league play I would also recommend getting the carrying case that holds the rack and a set of balls. Perfect for league nights. The two teams that play out of our bar (10 total people) all pitched in $35 each to buy the rack, inserts, case, and a set of Cyclop balls. All will last for many years.

slelite.png

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
:
Spend the extra money, get your Elite rack fully customized, and yes...keep a small phillips head screwdriver in your bag to occasionally tighten the screws. Don't worry, if one gets lost...they are easy to find in the hardware store.

For league play I would also recommend getting the carrying case that holds the rack and a set of balls. Perfect for league nights. The two teams that play out of our bar (10 total people) all pitched in $35 each to buy the rack, inserts, case, and a set of Cyclop balls. All will last for many years.

slelite.png

:thumbup2: