Predator balls are available...

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At $399 I’m good. It’s about what I expect from predator the nike of the pool world lol They look cool if you like predator and I’m sure they play great but I don’t need them at that price honestly.

Attachments

• E8823374-6A9C-4B68-848E-0E64EDCEFD48.jpeg
    E8823374-6A9C-4B68-848E-0E64EDCEFD48.jpeg
    14.1 KB · Views: 509

terpdad

Registered
My thoughts exactly. I'm sure they're very good, but I'd prefer the Aramith Tournament or even Dynasphere Platinum at ~ $50 less. I like Predator products, but don't care for the logo on the balls.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They give the Aramith Black's the 5-and the-break as far as looks go. 400clams is kinda pricey i agree.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I wish predator would release a $500 item in 11.8mm already so I stop getting disappointed in every other product they release lol.

I do really love the new cues with Tembaga rosewood, wondering why we haven't seen many cues with that wood before, it's stunning.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you’re talking list price $399 is less than the Tournament balls.
They have a similar look to Centennial balls, except the logo. They spot the Blacks the 5 and out

Last edited:

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I wish predator would release a $500 item in 11.8mm already so I stop getting disappointed in every other product they release lol.

I do really love the new cues with Tembaga rosewood, wondering why we haven't seen many cues with that wood before, it's stunning.

An acquaintance of mine has one that he's testing and says the 11.8mm Revo's, which he says play awesome, will be available this December.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
They have a number on one side and a panther head logo on the other? By the description, I assume they are the same quality as the Aramith Tournament Pros.

Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having choices is always good, I guess. Perhaps if I were starting from scratch, I would consider them. But I've been using the Aramith Tournament balls, with the Duramith technology for 6 years now, and they have yet to get a scuff mark on them. Just a little polish every once in a while, and they are good to go. I can't see any reason to change.

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paying for the name here. Predator didn't engineer these, and these don't play ay better than cheaper Aramith TV sets. The Black set is terrible for those of us who don't need an hour to see our pattern, I can't stand having to remember how they reversed the colors.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
At $399 I’m good. It’s about what I expect from predator the nike of the pool world lol They look cool if you like predator and I’m sure they play great but I don’t need them at that price honestly.

I dont know if its the picture, my PC, or something else but the colors seem muted or not as vibrant as Centennials and Aramith Tournaments. I will stick with my Aramith Tournaments, Centennials, and even my Cyclops skittle set for a mere $200.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paying for the name here. Predator didn't engineer these, and these don't play ay better than cheaper Aramith TV sets. The Black set is terrible for those of us who don't need an hour to see our pattern, I can't stand having to remember how they reversed the colors.

Have you actually tested and used these? Or are you just guessing when you say they don't play any better than the Aramiths? Serious question........

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having choices is always good, I guess. Perhaps if I were starting from scratch, I would consider them. But I've been using the Aramith Tournament balls, with the Duramith technology for 6 years now, and they have yet to get a scuff mark on them. Just a little polish every once in a while, and they are good to go. I can't see any reason to change.

I bought the Tournament TV set because I didn’t want to wait for these balls. But I’m still considering the Hyperion balls or the Dynasphere balls just to have an extra set

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought the Tournament TV set because I didn’t want to wait for these balls. But I’m still considering the Hyperion balls or the Dynasphere balls just to have an extra set

I used Centennials for many many years... recently switched to the Hyperions and like them better. Play great and stay clean longer than other ball sets i have tried. I think you would love the Hypers....

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
From what I can see of the marketing materials, the phenolic description is similar to the Aramith Tournament pros.

Heres' from the Predator Arcos II website:

PHENOLIC RESIN BALLS LAST 5X LONGER THAN POLYMERS OR POLYESTER BALLS.
So, with a vision backed by science, we created the Arcos II with Aramith’s highly guarded secret formula containing 99% HIGH-QUALITY PHENOLIC RESIN, and cure them multiple times over a longer period of time to produce harder, more durable balls. This longer curing process combined with almost pure phenolic resin means harder, more durable balls that are burn spot resistant. Even our cue ball has the same high phenolic resin composition, which produces a distinct, crisp and vibrant pop on impact. It’s a sound unique to the Arcos II – the sound of victory.