ICA projector system

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got my ICA projector system all set up with Robin's help on Friday. I am so excited about the potential for this to help improve my game. I have always struggled with position play and have relied on my shot making and banking ability.
Robin was amazing as he spent a long time on the phone with me getting things set up and showing me how to use everything.
If anyone has this system please suggest which training module I should purchase first considering that position play is my biggest need.

Attachments

• IMG_4482~photo1.jpg
    IMG_4482~photo1.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 424

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Got my ICA projector system all set up with Robin's help on Friday. I am so excited about the potential for this to help improve my game. I have always struggled with position play and have relied on my shot making and banking ability.
Robin was amazing as he spent a long time on the phone with me getting things set up and showing me how to use everything.
If anyone has this system please suggest which training module I should purchase first considering that position play is my biggest need.

AWESOME ROOM!! I wanna check that system out next time I am in the area Paul! I hope you and the wife are well. :)

TFT

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... please suggest which training module I should purchase first considering that position play is my biggest need.
If the system allows you to design your own drills, I suggest you find a position shot you have trouble with and then set up a progressive practice for it. That way you will be working directly on your own problem. It will also force you to figure out what your own weaknesses are in detail.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a similar system. What I found to be helpful, fun, and gave me practice with the projector software itself, was to break a rack of 9 ball. Mark all the positions of the Object balls, Take BIH, and play a race to 7 ghost of the same rack over and over. Your brain will figure out better position routes as you repeat the same layout.

After a set on one layout, break another rack and repeat. After a few days go back to the prior layouts (since they are saved) and see if remember all the position routes that gave you the best results.

Good luck!

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Trent the table is playing great! I love how that pic came out and am loving the system. I know we will be having you over one day for new cloth.
Paul

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the system allows you to design your own drills, I suggest you find a position shot you have trouble with and then set up a progressive practice for it. That way you will be working directly on your own problem. It will also force you to figure out what your own weaknesses are in detail.

Hey Bob yes it does allow you to design shots and drills for your personal trouble areas. Good suggestion.
I have been struggling with thin cuts up the long rail so perhaps that is where I will start.
Paul

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a similar system. What I found to be helpful, fun, and gave me practice with the projector software itself, was to break a rack of 9 ball. Mark all the positions of the Object balls, Take BIH, and play a race to 7 ghost of the same rack over and over. Your brain will figure out better position routes as you repeat the same layout.

After a set on one layout, break another rack and repeat. After a few days go back to the prior layouts (since they are saved) and see if remember all the position routes that gave you the best results.

Good luck!

I really like that concept and will def do that.
Thanks
Paul

Beastmanni

Since I work nights it is tough for me to get in touch with them for any extended period of time. I am having trouble even getting everything set up (more than likely a user error) but the keyboard won't even connect for me to select what language to use...

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know robin personally
Pm me your real name at least
email and cell phone contact info
I will pass it on and let him know you are having trouble
I have sent him your pist so he knows someone is having trouble
He is on the west coast so you may be able to call him at a time you would not think is appropriate
I know he will do his bedt to get you started and help you out
Once you get it set up and familiar navigating it
you will see how great a system it is

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since I work nights it is tough for me to get in touch with them for any extended period of time. I am having trouble even getting everything set up (more than likely a user error) but the keyboard won't even connect for me to select what language to use...
I have another system that is similar. But one thing that “may” help is to hook up the computer to a regular monitor in the very beginning. That may help you move the mouse easier and see the whole screen like a regular computer. When it’s projected onto the pool table, sometimes (often times) you will lose half the screen and not know where the mouse is.

This might help you find the settings easier for the keyboard, language, etc.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No. You mark them manually.

there is a beta phone app that tracks the balls. I forgot the name it’s on the android and Apple App Store.

Is this system capable of seeing, tracking the balls or do you mark them manually with a mouse?

rdreydun

This is Robin. I am happy to work with you at what ever time you need. Just let me know what works.