Vegas Trip

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Hi Folks,

Just got home from Vegas. It was HOT!!!!. Watched some great pool over two nights at Griff's. Was kind of concerned about viewing areas. Not really a problem. $10 at the door. $10 coupon for food and / or drink or pool time. Awesome play from some great players. Congrats to Shane. Somewhat overlooked was the performance of Max Eberle Went a long way in a field of champions. Well done Max!

Got to meet several AZ'ers. Fred Agnir was a commentator on the CSI stream. Purchased a new 3 x 5 Ultimate case from John and Karen Barton. Spoke with Bill Stock, Mark Griffin and Amy Kane of CSI. Got to play Frank "Dabarber" Almanza and Tom "Tommy D" Dilorenzo. Spoke with Scott Lee and Randy Goettlicker who were giving FREE pool lessons at the Rio. Also finally got to meet "lamas" at Griff's. Great to finally put a face with a screen name.

Only complaint was the match scheduling. With the exception of the first match on Monday, every other match ran late including my first match with Ed Borrego which was three hours behind! Bad Boys has to make some changes. One and one half hours for races to six is difficult specially in the lower divisions.

Going to start another thread to discuss the ramifications of Fargo ratings on the event. Still honestly think adjustments need to be made. Glad to see CSI deleted the Fargo information on the score sheets. Players really don't need to know their opponents number if no handicap is involved.

Lyn

Last edited:

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
I was there as well and it was a great venue to watch the pros. Saw some great matches including Tony Cohan playing a local. The sickest 6 ball run to safe a game that you could imagine.

Congrats to SVB for another piece of hardware going undefeated in a super tough field.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Folks,

Just got home from Vegas. It was HOT!!!!. Watched some great pool over two nights at Griff's. Was kind of concerned about viewing areas. Not really a problem. $10 at the door. $10 coupon for food and / or drink or pool time. Awesome play from some great players. Congrats to Shane. Somewhat overlooked was the performance of Max Eberle Went a long way in a field of champions. Well done Max!

Got to meet several AZ'ers. Fred Agnir was a commentator on the CSI stream. Purchased a new 3 x 5 Ultimate case from John and Karen Barton. Spoke with Bill Stock, Mark Griffin and Amy Kane of CSI. Got to play Frank "Dabarber" Almanza and Tom "Tommy D" Dilorenzo. Spoke with Scott Lee and Randy Goettlicker who were giving FREE pool lessons at the Rio. Also finally got to meet "lamas" at Griff's. Great to finally put a face with a screen name.

Only complaint was the match scheduling. With the exception of the first match on Monday, every other match ran late including my first match with Ed Borrego which was three hours behind! Bad Boys has to make some changes. One and one half hours for races to six is difficult specially in the lower divisions.

Going to start another thread to discuss the ramifications of Fargo ratings on the event. Still honestly think adjustments need to be made. Glad to see CSI deleted the Fargo information on the score sheets. Players really don't need to know their opponents number if no handicap is involved.

Lyn
It was nice playing you "young man". I know you're a senior but you still play like a young un and move around the table like a young one too. This might be the last one for me. I've lost too much of my game to continue. Get tired to quickly.
You played great against me and it was a pleasure to have met and played you. Play on young man.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lyn...It was good to see you, but I was disappointed that you didn't get a chance to show me what I "showed you" that helped you. Hopefully next time we see each other. Congrats on your great play this week...nothing shameful about 2nd Place! :grin:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Hi Folks,

Lyn