Pool Cue Extension

evanlockhart

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whaaat, I was talking about this one, I use a uniloc joint and also have a little rubber with a thread on it that I can put in there. It's made of very light wood so the balance is not too bad.

Your shafts look really short.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
People from Vancouver are known for having little shafts. Its the lack of sun light unless you hang out at Wreck Beach.

BobN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw Charlie Bryant use something similar in Tunica. He has a 4" and an 8". He put one of them, (not sure which one) in the middle of his cue and played the entire match on the 10 foot tables with it and never used a bridge. After seeing it, I had a local cue maker, Gary Johnson, who is also a forum member, make me one, but not for the middle of the cue. This one is a 3/8 X 10 pin extension that screws into the butt of my cue, so it can be removed when not stretching for a shot. Love it! Almost like cheating on a shot you'd normally have to use a mech. bridge on.

Bob

Jobba786

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I received the Balance Rite extension yesterday and tried it on my Prulhiere cue 3/8x10.

The quality was as good as expected. It screws on easily, both pin and threads were fine.

Playability:
Changing the overall length of the cue to 62 inch, didn't fell to bad. I am 6 feet 2, and sometimes find the 58 inch cues a bit short.

You have the same issues with this extension as with an aftermarket shaft. How well the joint fits, in this case it doubles up. My Prulhiere cue rolls straigth with its original shaft and with my ob shaft, but when rolling with the extension, the tip lifted slightly from the table. Probably not a big problem, and I do not know whether it was caused by uneven pin or threads in the extension or the "new" taper (adding 4 inches with the same diameter). Though the whole cue felt straight when I was shooting.

It did also change hit and sound in the cue. It didn't feel as solid as without, and the sound was quite "hollow".

I do not think I am going to use it between shaft and butt. My intention i addition to testing was to add some inches to my extension - using it between butt and extension.

-Jon Birger

Jobba786

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe the review should be in one of the review sections, but I am not sure in which of them. If anyone knows, feel free to move or copy the review.

-Jon Birger

WesBond007

Registered
i am not sure exactly what characteristics it changes and thats why i would like to hear from someone that has actually tried it. i think it would be easy to get used too.

I actually use it and love it. I personally prefer more forward balance in my cue and don't mind my cue being longer than normal so what i did was took the weight out of the butt of my cue which happened to be around 2oz and started playing with this extension and freaking loved the way it changed my balance point and it did it without adding overall cue weight. And as i quickly found on a hard to reach shot the extra 4 inches was huge so I still had control and didn't have to stop my mojo to grab a rear extension or a bridge (which i can't seem to use anyways). Anyway... i love it and use it for balance and feel. I wouldn't recommend using it just for an extension since it's not easy to go on and off but to completely change the feel of a cue, especially if it's butt heavy, buy it and love it. I believe Thorsten Hohmann has started to use it just because he likes it, not for any kind of endorsement... FYI. I hope this helps?

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What to do if your cue has a rubber bumper already screwed in........remove it just to use this device........I don't think so.

Do your self a favor and get a Tony Ryan 12" or 18" solid oak cue extension......I have the 12" version and it works ideally.....slips right over my cue's grip and is tight and removes easily' and doesn't leave a mark on your cue's butt sleeve. And best of all, it is contoured where your hold the extender to be the same diameter of a pool cue butt.......nice wood feel to it as well.......best cue extender made....IMO.

Last edited:

Skratch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had something similar made up for my carom cue. Being that it is shorter than my pocket pool cue. I may want it for my pocket cue, but only for 2-3 inches, which i dont think they make and I can probably get a local cue maker to do for me.

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Balance Rite- Multi Uses

I love shooting with an extended cue... and these extensions rock!... I received a couple of these this past week just as an experiment. As for as the aesthetics, I'm re-shooting mine (soon) with either Black carbon fiber or Complete Gloss Black with CA over sealer. The real cool thing about these is that you can jump between joint pins by simply replacing the back insert (ie 5/16 14 M/F extension unit is switched to a mixed System of 5/16 14-Male with a 5/16 18 Female insert) With this now my New MEZZ WX900 United Joint (5/16 14) now fits my 5/16 18 pinned cues. ..OR any combination you want...ie Uniloc, 3/8 10 etc

Now if you REALLY want to see something special... try this if you get a chance.... I happen have the new Predator Air 2 (like $160 online now- awesome jumper btw) that has the Uniloc 'quick disconnect joint' on the last section of the this jump Cue. Well with this Balance rite extension you can quickly add 2 oz to the cue making this 47" jump cue now a 50" incher that can now double as a SUPER Lite weight, SUPER FAST and POWERFUL Breaker!!! When I tell you I've tried to break the cue ball in half on a break shot more than 50 time in a row 3 days ago, I mean I tried to shatter this cue with full on force from the back section (just behind the B-R extention) of this AIR 2 Jumper. Btw YOU Must have good fundamentals to deliver a power break that sounds like a 45 going off. Balls going everywhere and good control of the CB. Immediately a jump shot is avail (with 2 quick turns) if necessary, after the Crush. I'm still hurting on my right shoulder and biceps from swinging so hard so many times trying to make the joints fail. It never even flinched.

This is a SOLID joint extension to say the least and MAN does it do a lot of jobs with a little 'extra work'. After moving an once or so out of the butt of some of my 'adjustable' cue buts, I now shoot with it 100% of the time without changing it out during a match. Personally I like the forward weight change. With this extension, I now have a new "set of CUES" (if I want) that are 62" to 64" that Hit so much better. Even my "Cheap Cues" with this extension and the high dollar shafts on board play awesome. I have over looked this tool in the past and now that I have put some time into in have a new prospective of what i can do with this... including making my high dollar shafts (and cue butts) 'Cross Platform' and "lengthy" like I like. Aesthetics are always adjustable at this expense level... imo

For what a new LD shaft cost these days there no reason this shouldn't be in the arsenal considering what shots I can now actually reach that are > than 3/4 length of the table and can do with it without even thinking about having to go adjust it mid match. Also I like being able to hold the cue mid grip as the balance point as opposed to the back of the Cue where most of the weight is normally.

I really like what this has to offer. Thanks to whoever made it avail. I couldn't find the manufacturing Company but its a solid product at a reasonable price.. I now have lets say more than 4 that I have modified for my cues to play 100% of the time with them on.. My set of extensions (some of which I'm modified for 'cross platform' use) is still less then 1/2 of what my Mezz WX900's or my my 30" Z2 cost.

Great Product imo, :thumbup:

Randy

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the Tony Ryan extension and highly recommend it. Quick and easy on and off. When I am down on a shot, extended, and having to hold the very back end of the cue, I get up and grab the extension. What it solves is it allows you to have a normal follow through, as opposed to miscuing.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I havent used it but I promise that it does change the weight and balance. It potentially could change other things too...

Did you actually try it? There is a player on these boards that has an extension on his playing cue between the butt and shaft and he seems to do alright with it. And IIRC, he said it didn't change things significantly (enough for him not to keep it on 100%).

thekaiserman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone who is looking for a light easy install extension, check out the Bazooka from the Drill Instructor:thumbup:
Just google bazooka cue extension lots of sources

Last edited:

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Longoni 3lobite system is a brilliant solution, that can be installed on most cues.
It's a more practical and elegant solution.
Works very much like the Mezz extension.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you actually try it? There is a player on these boards that has an extension on his playing cue between the butt and shaft and he seems to do alright with it. And IIRC, he said it didn't change things significantly (enough for him not to keep it on 100%).

It would have to change the weight and balance point. That's just common sense. I'm not saying I couldn't adjust to it but it's going to change the cue a bit.

jamesroberts

"Unheralded Amateur"
Silver Member
Im sure Fred is talking about me, I use the balance rite and I have been using it for about 4 months and I like it. I am about 6'6 so I could use the extra length for arm swing. It took me about 5 minutes to adjust to the weight, but I leave it on 100% of the time

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have a tall dude who plays with his cuetec extension all the time. I"m sure it changed the way it played a bit but being that tall you need a longer cue and like anything I'm sure you get used to it before long

Im sure Fred is talking about me, I use the balance rite and I have been using it for about 4 months and I like it. I am about 6'6 so I could use the extra length for arm swing. It took me about 5 minutes to adjust to the weight, but I leave it on 100% of the time