Scotch doubles tournament rules question.........

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I agree Fredderick. Thats pretty much why we have kept it free and easy for most of the teams.

It was just the one or 2 that will FK it up on you. They get to play under different rules is all.

BTW. Looking for a Scotch Pardner soon.

I like Pina Coladas and walking in the rain.

Any takers?

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
I agree Fredderick. Thats pretty much why we have kept it free and easy for most of the teams.

It was just the one or 2 that will FK it up on you. They get to play under different rules is all.

BTW. Looking for a Scotch Pardner soon.

I like Pina Coladas and walking in the rain.

Any takers?

What about long strolls in the park under the moonlight?

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about if the partners wear shirts that have the 7 relevant colors on them. A player could put a hand or finger on the color of the intended ball.

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd say allow as much coaching as possible but put a time limit on each shot with maybe 1 extension per rack. Something like 45 seconds per shot with 1 30 second extension in the rack. As long as you get your shots off before the time expires, coach as much as you'd like. Even the professionals operate this way. Take a look at the doubles matches of the Mosconi Cup or World 9 Ball Scotch Doubles.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
What about long strolls in the park under the moonlight?

Yes Allen, and laying on a blanket on the grass Star Gazing.

But, because of living in Canada, Ice Fishing is also a must as it is Winter here more months a year than not. Fall is coming in very quick this year. The furnace is on already.

Just got back from 2 weeks approx 350 miles into the Boreal Forest of Saskatchewan. Nothing but bears, Loons calling on the lake, Bald Eagles etc.
Peace and quiet for 2 glorious weeks. No Black Helicopters flying over my house constantly. No jets, sirens, traffic noise. Could actually see the stars and spectacular Northern Light Shows.

And I walk into my kitchen Something doesn't smell quite proper. My fridge decided that it was a good time to take a vacation also. Freezer meat was a tad Funky. My great wife fixed that or I would have taken my axe to the fridge. The only 2 things salvageable was my tub of filtered Bacon Grease and my home made beef jerky. Pan fries don't taste right without bacon grease.

BTW, it was because of a Stun Gun and a park that I was able to meet my current wife.

There was that instant Spark between us, so to speak.

Last edited: