***Let's see your Jeff Olney cues***

Player Rick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Waiting for a new one to arrive. No ETA yet but I'll post pics when it gets here.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

TheTablePro

Silver Member
Jeff sent me some pics of a new one I ordered awhile back and it's partially together. Can't wait for the finish to go on this. Bacote w/B.E. wrapless and 5 - 18 slot rings.

Will have a glass joint pin and matching joint to the butt cap. Should be a nice player....as Jeffs cues always are! :thumbup:

ro04.jpg

ro02.jpg

ro01.jpg

Remy

Fear none, respect all.
Silver Member
I think I owned that cue at one time but it had an original Olney shaft. It would be lacewood with BEM

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice looking Olney! My pj is off getting a second shaft made for it, cant wait to get it back. Love all the pics in this thread, makes me super excited for the four pointer I have in the works for this summer.

raziel

Thanks for answers and i want more :).This cue has Leopardwood, Ebony and Birdseye. Phenolic rings and butt. I have orginal Olney shaft but is non LD and i give to cuemaker for tunning to go to LD just curious,BTW olney shaft i don't know about his quality and category of wood?.Right now i play with Lucasi Hybird shaft with Moori M it works brilliant:).

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want more pics of that recent 4 pointer ebony into BEM with the green veneers! I love green veneers and ebony like that...dream cue right there.

I need something to tide me over....Jeff is going to be building me a 4 pointer but it's going to be a while and he has my plain jane right now to get a second shaft made for it. I miss it....a lot.

Last edited:

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, Jeff has my PJ player making me a new shaft and the cue I just picked up from Bob is already shown here, but here are the pieces of a cue that Jeff will be putting together for me. I was talking with him about a 4-pointer w/green in the veneers and he found me this one that he had in process that didn't have an owner yet, so I stepped up to stake my claim on it. Clean, simple, ebony into bem with nice veneers. Looking forward to it when it gets built.

DCCF4E4B-7B04-4459-A4B0-883C7FEE2AD9.jpg

1CF1D945-1CC5-4953-977D-D7CB3A1EF780.jpg

B9255D35-1AAB-47E0-A80E-186398793322.jpg

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well, Jeff has my PJ player making me a new shaft and the cue I just picked up from Bob is already shown here, but here are the pieces of a cue that Jeff will be putting together for me. I was talking with him about a 4-pointer w/green in the veneers and he found me this one that he had in process that didn't have an owner yet, so I stepped up to stake my claim on it. Clean, simple, ebony into bem with nice veneers. Looking forward to it when it gets built.

DCCF4E4B-7B04-4459-A4B0-883C7FEE2AD9.jpg

1CF1D945-1CC5-4953-977D-D7CB3A1EF780.jpg

B9255D35-1AAB-47E0-A80E-186398793322.jpg
Lucky you Chris, That's going to be awesome. What type of joint are you having Jeff do? And I'll tell you this. You are going to love, Love, LOVE. LOVE THAT PURPLE HEART HANDLE

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks! Yeah, I was excited by the PH handle! Not sure on joint, haven't really talked final details yet, I've only had his 3/8x10 flat faced but I've considered a 5/16x14 piloted steel as well.

Any input on the differences between the two joints on an Olney?

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mine

Bought this from Daniel here, its not fancy but I like. I am having a black leather wrap put on though, just don't like the feel of linen.

Attachments

• bloodwoodwholeLarge_zps1122b5a2 (1).jpg
    bloodwoodwholeLarge_zps1122b5a2 (1).jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 665

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some seriously good wood there, those curly maple handles are nuts! I particularly love that second one with the brown collar/butt cap.

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
Thanks , The cue with the Hickory burl is ebony. The others are Brazilian rosewood. The curly is incredible and they all are super players

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

TheTablePro

Silver Member
Olney.....nearly home!

Jeff has my latest nearly done. Patiently awaiting it's arrival. A few friends have them similar with the Bacote and b.e. handles. They all hit incredibly well! This one will be 18 oz and has a G10 pin. Can't wait to spank a few with this one! It arrived on the infamous red chair last week :thumbup:

rob04.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

rob03.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

rob02.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

rob01.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Robin