.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Great pics, Jeff. I particularly like these veneers

attachment.php

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My #1 daily player, made for me in 2008. Thought I'd better get it in this new thread.
Some of the best BEM I've ever seen - it just glows, & jet black ebony. The blue & red veneer shades are really special.
All white is ivory. The ringwork, point, inlay alignment is dead on, string-line straight.
Happy to say, of all of Jeff's cues I've seen posted, I think this one ranks in the top few percentile.
Outstanding work, and what a hit!! Sometimes you "catch lightnin' in a jug"...

cdfullcue.jpg

cd1ptsandbe.jpg

cd1ahandpts.jpg

cd1birdseye[1].jpg

cd1butt1-1[1].jpg

Last edited:

Randy9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeff,

You sir do some outstanding work!! I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread and will continue to do so. I haven't had the pleasure of trying out one of your cues yet and I'm dying to LOL. By the way, what in your opinion is the best wood combination for playability? The combo that you feel gives the best hit (I know that's a subjective thing too).

Happy New Year!!

Randy

Player Rick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• 20131231_174823[1].jpg
    20131231_174823[1].jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 876
  • 20131231_180741[1].jpg
    20131231_180741[1].jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 896
  • 20131231_180819[1].jpg
    20131231_180819[1].jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 877

jeff olney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeff,

You sir do some outstanding work!! I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread and will continue to do so. I haven't had the pleasure of trying out one of your cues yet and I'm dying to LOL. By the way, what in your opinion is the best wood combination for playability? The combo that you feel gives the best hit (I know that's a subjective thing too).

Happy New Year!!

Randy

Randy, woods I like are cocobolo, bacote, pau ferro, many other rosewoods and maple. Hard to say what is the best. Jeff

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It usually does but this one I am going to have to keep. Jeff turned the handle down more than usual on this one and feels a little different from my previous Olneys. Same great hit just feels a little better to me because of the handle.

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My #1 daily player, made for me in 2008. Thought I'd better get it in this new thread. Some of the best BEM I've ever seen - it just glows, & jet black ebony. The blue & red veneer shades are really special. All white is ivory. The ringwork, point, inlay alignment is dead on, string-line straight. Happy to say, of all of Jeff's cues I've seen posted, I think this one ranks in the top few percentiles. Outstanding work, and what a hit!! Sometimes you "catch lightnin' in a jug"...

View attachment 311258

View attachment 311259

View attachment 311260

View attachment 311261

View attachment 311262

Thanks for posting pictures of this one Chris. This is my favorite Traditional cue by Jeff and this thread wouldn't be complete without pictures of it. Perfect cue.

DP4FREE

Bet Something.
Figured I better throw this baby back up since it's been a while. Plays lights out, and is a stunner too. Pics are amateur.
aze9ugu6.jpg
ve8y4eqa.jpg
zy8a3ysy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful cue, thanks for sharing! I'm going to be getting an Olney four pointer for myself in the near future.