Why are we not seeing more pictures of new cues in the Gallery Section

JC

Coos Cues
2 can keep a secret
If one of them is dead.

I got on facebook not understanding their rules of engagement. I started a page for Coos Cues and in short order had well over 2000 friends with daily interest in my cues.

Then the hammer dropped. They suspended my account because I didn't have it as a child page of my personal account. Well I didn't have a personal account and don't intend to for a variety of reasons. Mostly political and family.

So I started a shill account to have coos cues as a sub account of and found it is nowhere near as user friendly and as easy to get yourself out there as the first stand alone page. For one thing you can have "followers" but not "friends" Which it turns out are a lot harder to acquire. After a few months I had zero exposure because I refuse to pay them for "boosting". So I shut that down and that's it for facebook and I. Maybe I was missing something but I know I didn't like it compared to what I had that was against their terms.

I believe there are a great number of "business" still out there not complying with the Facebook rules that they just haven't caught as of yet.

So I'm having an interactive web page designed instead. Frankly demand was getting to far exceed my ability to supply so I don't really miss my Facebook page.

JC

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've tried several times to post pics on az any nothing I have tried has worked. I have uploaded to a , I've tried imgur , I tried the laptop nothing works I know I'm not the smartest guy in the world but another forum I visit I can post a pic there without any problem. You would think they would want to make the forum as user friendly as possible but it's not for me. I see pics other people post all the time but mine never show up ever not even once.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've tried several times to post pics on az any nothing I have tried has worked. I have uploaded to a , I've tried imgur , I tried the laptop nothing works I know I'm not the smartest guy in the world but another forum I visit I can post a pic there without any problem. You would think they would want to make the forum as user friendly as possible but it's not for me. I see pics other people post all the time but mine never show up ever not even once.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=467420
In the above thread I put step by step for creating an album and posting pictures using your user cp. You don't have to use this but it works. I think your main problem is your picture size. I went thru this so I emailed the pictures in my phone to myself, still using my phone and it asked me what size I wanted to email the pictures. I clicked 50 percent. After I recieved my email, I saved the pictures. Now I can save them to an album here using user cp or I can copy and paste them direct. My next post will cover that option. No 3rd party hosting needed.

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Using managed attachments option.
When you start a post, find the paper clip. It's right above where your typing. Click it. It will bring you to manage attachments. Click choose file, on my phone it list. Camera, camcorder, voice recorder and documents. Click documents. Scroll down to gallery, click on the picture you want to save then click upload. Do this for each picture. When your done, at the bottom of the page it says close window. Close it. Now next to the paper clip it will have an arrow. Click it and click each attachment. It will post it. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20140710_214800~2.jpg
    20140710_214800~2.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am shopping again for cues even though I need nothing new. I thought I would join a popular FB site a few months ago since I primarily see the same cues getting bumped here and wanted to see what was out there.

Allot of cues and variety BUT notice sellers want payment by FF. I tell sellers I will pick up PP fees and it's not my first BBQ. They think I am stupid since I am new member and want to pass there garbage without any repercussions due to not buying as 'goods'

I was accused of being 'shady' the other night when I made offer seller said OK and said no FF I will pick up fees. Seller was telling me how he had many FB buyers ( his friends most likely) who would 'vouch' for him, he sells allot of cues nobody ever has a problem with paying him FF and he would never screw anyone, love those guys.

Told him to GFHS he was the shady one. Bought a cue posted here from a FB seller and it was a nice cue but he 'forgot' to mention some finish issues which I specifically asked him about prior to purchase. Said he is big shot on FB and never had any problems. We worked it out and he refunded me some cash. Afterwords I let know how I felt about his business practices. SHADY

I feel safer buying here. I like this forum. Learn allot. Kind of know who is who. However, allot more in F/S and Gallery when I joined.

-Kat,

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am shopping again for cues even though I need nothing new. I thought I would join a popular FB site a few months ago since I primarily see the same cues getting bumped here and wanted top see what was out there.

Allot of cues and variety BUT notice sellers want payment by FF only. I tell seller I will pick up PP fees and it's not my first BBQ. They think I am stupid since I am new member.

I was accused of being 'shady' the other night when I made offer and said no FF I will pick up fees. Seller was telling me how he had many FB buyers ( his friends most likely) who would 'vouch' for him, he sells allot of cues nobody ever has a problem with paying him FF and he would never screw anyone, love those guys.

Told him to GFHS. Bought a cue posted here from a FB seller and it was a nice cue but he 'forgot' to mention some finish issues which I specifically asked him about prior to purchase. Said he is big shot on FB and never had any problems. We worked it out and he refunded me some cash. Afterwords I let know how I felt about his business practices. SHADY

I feel safer buying here. I like this forum. Kind of know who is who. However, allot more in F/S and Gallery when I joined.

-Kat,

Good story. I think the big curve is. It use to automatically resize what you wanted to post. That has changed.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I submit that less photos of new cues, or cues in general for that matter, are being posted
in the Az Cue Gallery because of the file size limitation of attachments and increased use
and reliance upon other social media, such as Facebook. Shrinking the file size of a cue
photo so the pic can be posted just becomes an added task that can discourage posting.
Facebook has taken away a lot of the cue for sale ads previosuly being posted on Az F/S.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the whole Photobucket debacle really knocked a lot of people out of posting images. It became more difficult to post them, at least from mobile. I use Imgur now but it was easier with photobucket.

That, plus the move to social. The Facebook groups have quite a bit of activity these days. It too bad because I prefer the forum setup to FB, but since so many people are already on FB for other things it's in front of them a lot more often probably. It's also super easy to post pictures to FB right from your phone (which is likely also your camera).

THIS^^

AZB has always been buggy about uploading pictures.. sometimes great, sometimes the image is fine but the words go super small. And Photo*ucket screwed over a lot of forums (non-pool) when they got greedy and wanted subscriptions, they screwed themselves.

And you know what? I think people just don't have play money to go buying cues anymore.. less expendable income for toys.

$.02

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I submit that less photos of new cues, or cues in general for that matter, are being posted
in the Az Cue Gallery because of the file size limitation of attachments and increased use
and reliance upon other social media, such as Facebook. Shrinking the file size of a cue
photo so the pic can be posted just becomes an added task that can discourage posting.
Facebook has taken away a lot of the cue for sale ads previosuly being posted on Az F/S.

Just like everything else in life. You have to pick and choose your battles. Nothing is perfect. Not even close.