Top 10 SHOTS from Famous POOL MOVIES

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Good stuff Dr Dave, thanks for helping to make self isolation more bearable.
It makes it more bearable for me too, having something fun to work on. And I get lots of good practice in (and some not so good).

Catch you later,
Dave

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That opening break shot isnt that difficult. Very risky,but way better then zero chance of pulling it off.

Dr. , yes I read this far:grin-square:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
You're welcome.

I need to do more of the slow motion stuff. People seem to like and benefit from it.

I think that is one of the toughest shots I've ever filmed. The exact setup is so critical ... and lots of luck is involved.

Thanks for the comments,
Dave

# 5 is such a gorgeous shot, Doc
But the try where you made the 8-ball in the first pocket....that one can stand alone...
...it’s gorgeous also....belongs in your repertoire

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
# 5 is such a gorgeous shot, Doc
Thanks.

But the try where you made the 8-ball in the first pocket....that one can stand alone...
...it’s gorgeous also....belongs in your repertoire
I assume you are still talking about the shot 5 section of the video. If so, you might might not realize what I was doing. I was changing the angle the 8 ball was placed relative to the 9 between each shot. That’s how I got it to go in different directions. Are you instead thinking of something like this:

HSV B.7 – One-pocket frozen-ball spot shot

Sorry if I misunderstood your post,
Dave

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Thanks.

I assume you are still talking about the shot 5 section of the video. If so, you might might not realize what I was doing. I was changing the angle the 8 ball was placed relative to the 9 between each shot. That’s how I got it to go in different directions. Are you instead thinking of something like this:

HSV B.7 – One-pocket frozen-ball spot shot

Sorry if I misunderstood your post,
Dave

It’s this one, Doc......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve7qeEhWGMo&t=231s
I like it when it goes in ether corner pocket.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I assume you are still talking about the shot 5 section of the video. If so, you might might not realize what I was doing. I was changing the angle the 8 ball was placed relative to the 9 between each shot. That’s how I got it to go in different directions.
It’s this one, Doc......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve7qeEhWGMo&t=231s
I like it when it goes in ether corner pocket.
Did you realize I was changing the position of the 8? If you are still impressed with the 8 going in the bottom-left corner, I must be missing something.

By changing the position of the 8, you can actually also make the 8 go to the left side or top-right corner, while still pocketing the 9. Somebody posted examples on Facebook in the comments on this post. Check them out.

Thanks for watching,
Dave