Eddie Uber/Fast Eddie/Kid Vicious is gone

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RIP Eddie (40 y.o.)

I'm sure many around NYC and some in AZ and a few other places have enjoyed his show mostly 94-05 give or take. Very entertaining, eccentric and funny guy-played good enough to beat a lot of people.

We shared a home room for a few years -did a couple of out of state Tourny trips together and you were almost never bored with Eddie around. Always had fun. I'll miss him

http://www.edwardsanddowdle.com/obituary/Edward-Uber/Irvington-NY/1562335

I know it has been almost a month but i just found out and did a search here and didnt see anything. Apologies if it's a repeat.

PS-His name was incorrectly spelled Huber quite often.

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
RIP Eddie (40 y.o.)

I'm sure many around NYC and some in AZ and a few other places have enjoyed his show mostly 94-05 give or take. Very entertaining, eccentric and funny guy-played good enough to beat a lot of people.

We shared a home room for a few years -did a couple of out of state Tourny trips together and you were almost never bored with Eddie around. Always had fun. I'll miss him

http://www.edwardsanddowdle.com/obituary/Edward-Uber/Irvington-NY/1562335

I know it has been almost a month but i just found out and did a search here and didnt see anything. Apologies if it's a repeat.

PS-His name was incorrectly spelled Huber quite often.

that's who Danny Basavich came to play in NY and when Danny won the cash, someone said hey Kid Vicious, you just got beat by Kid Delicious. And the name stuck with Danny, it was a good fit, so to speak.

I didn't know Eddie Uber but sincere condolences to his family and friends.

RIP

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that's who Danny Basavich came to play in NY and when Danny won the cash, someone said hey Kid Vicios, you just got beat by Kid Delicious. And the name stuck with Danny, it was a good fit, so to speak.

I didn't know Eddie Uber but sincere condolences to his family and friends.

RIP

best,
brian kc

Both were great nicknames. Above is how the story goes.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rip

I always hate to hear when one of Pools color character 's passes on. Rest in peace Kid Vicious.

ace911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a shame...

He was a really good player. I took a liking to the guy...
He had a big heart, and wasn't afraid to give out a lot of weight to make a game.

R.I.P. Fast Eddie

Last edited:

thebark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eddie used to play here in Arizona. He was hard to get along with but I really liked him. He seemed to suffer a lot of demons. Hadn't seen him in about 10 years and was just thinking about him a couple of months ago. He will be missed by the community here.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He had a thing he did for his own enjoyment i Guess. Never saw another human do it. He'd get into a HEATED argument with someone. The matter is left hanging and just a little while later, he'd ask the guy for a favor.

One time in NY - He got Mt Vernon Tommy so angry Tommy had him on his back on table one at Executive Billiards in White Plains and was choking him!! Eddie escaped and the two didnt speak for 45 min and the tension in the room was thick. Eddie walks over and asks him for a ride home to the Bronx (15 miles)!!?? I thought Tommy was gonna kill him but instead he gave him a ride!! Ahaha

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Eddie Uber, RIP. I remember him from Chelsea Billiards. What a character.

*Edit- I nvr knew that Uber was his real last name. I always thought it was a nickname.

Last edited:

8BallWonderland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sad to lose another New York pool player at such an early age, RIP Kid Vicious.

Does anyone have a photo of Eddie they could post here?

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sad to lose another New York pool player at such an early age, RIP Kid Vicious.

Does anyone have a photo of Eddie they could post here?

It may be a bit tough to find. I think most of his play was pre 'everybody has a digital camera' days. Im sure there is one somewhere though. Anyone looking, keep in mind, his name was spelled Huber more often than the correct way Uber. I think he got third at a big event in Olathe. Let me check his profile here on azb meanwhile