Omen cues, most under-rated cue maker out there

8onthebreak

THE WORLD IS YOURS
Silver Member
I just have to rave about this ebony nosed omen cue...I think Pete Ohman is the most under-rated cue maker out there...
He also made me a matching predator 1st gen 314 shaft from a used shaft I sent him...
It hits like a Lambros...it has that sweet "ping" sound that my Lambros cue made, that's the only other cue I ever heard that sweet hit from...it resonates thru the shaft and cue...a high tone...love the hit...WITH AN LD SHAFT!!!
The hit from this cue is right up there with my bender, white...not bad to look at either, nice sharp points, clean work...

For the money, you CAN'T GO WRONG...great customer service too, emails every night with progress.......

Pete Ohman...thumbs up bro, and no, this cue ain't for sale ;)

Ty Arnold

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with you about omen cues being under-rated. I always like all his cues. Many are styled similar to SW cues.

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
My Omen

I have an Ebony nosed Omen as well. LOVE THE HIT !

My league cue has an Ebony nose, so I knew how nice they are to play. No wonder the PRO's like Ebony nose cues.

Nice to know a Bender hits like the Omen,..... its on my short-list :cool:

DSC00280.jpg

It's not for sale either

ZiggyLee

I Love This Game!!!!
Silver Member
Re/Omen cues

I don't know I just bought my first Omen tonight on AZB. Cannot wait to get it in my hands. I shoot with a Lambros. I have never even shot with an Omen. I was told by more then one person that Omen cues are at the top of the food chain. Will see The count down has begun. I will sure let AZers know what I think after I get and put down a few balls. :cool::cool:

JesseBfan

Motivation, where are u?
Silver Member
I agree with the original poster. I've had Joseys, Scruggs, Southwestscues, joss Wests and several others and my Omen is hands down the best cue I've ever played with.

mouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a matched set and they are the best playing cues to date. His customer service is excellent and alot of cue for the money. Nice to know Im not the only one. LOL

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was in a room in FL and had a chance to get one cheap...and with that room's recently lost$;)...I chose to leave with the cash and should have left with the cue.:banghead:

I knew it then and I know it now, still.

JAlan

Gerbil Jeff
Silver Member
I agree that Pete makes a very very nice cue. I saw my first Omen when Dave Favor came through Arkansas and beat everyone around with one back in the mid 90s.

Since then I've had the pleasure of owning several and they all were top notch cues. But for some reason I still can't get my game up to Dave's speed??? :(

tpdtom

Really Old School
Silver Member
Currently I only have an Omen break cue, but I think it's interesting that when I was in the Philippines at all the top spots there, the concensus was that they preferred my Omen as a player over my Paul Dayton sneaky player. Now, I think I know why and I don't agree, but that is because I like a longer taper and they seem to like a thicker and stiffer taper. The point is Pete makes a fabulous cue !