Who is David Broxson?

Salamander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never heard of him? Obviously a great player...what's his story?

Regards,

Doug

Ruthless

~= Gator Nation =~
Silver Member
David is from Ft. Walton Beach. FL and used to play out of Starcade Billiards a lot. He has been a Florida Tour & S.E. Open Tour regular for quite a while now and is very well respected amoung players. What he is doing now in the Open is not a surprise to anyone that knows him, actually it is overdue.

If you draw him in a tournament it is wise to bring your lunch if you plan on winning.

May the Pool Gods bless all the remaining players for a job well done! :)

Last edited:

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
David is a strong player from what I've seen, but his performance in this year's US Open thus far exceeded my expectations. It just shows what many players are capable of once they get a few wins in and start playing with confidence.

David played in the Vegas IPT event against our own pool Queen ;-) Linda Carter. She had him sweating the hotseat after pegging a few games back to go double hill. She would've taken the match had the pressure not got to her in a tense final frame.

David showed there that he can be a little vulnerable, but he's now proven he has a great game. The confidence that gives him for the future may mean we'll see a lot more of him at the money end of big tournies.

Colin

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is the "Red Rocket"!!

I dont know if he still lives in Ft Walton or not.
David is a good guy. I hope he does well.

Good Luck Rocket!

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
Oops, I posted this in the wrong thread:
David Broxson is the one that put John in the one loss brackets by 11-4. It should be a good match and I hope that John prevails, but David is playing his heart out too.....
Doug

Last edited:

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Colin Colenso said:
David is a strong player

Colin

Colin,
I do not know whether he is still dating that beautifull tall,thin,blonde.Have u seen any girl with him with that description during the IPT event in vegas?:cool:

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
I played a tall, slender guy from FLA in MEM apprx 4yrs ago. His name was DAVID....is that BROXTON or is that BROUGHTON(sp?)..

Hell, sometimes I forget who I am without checking my drivers license..

I just got his pic by clicking on his name on the welcome page.....

That was BROXTON and I'm glad he did soooooo well. He was/is a gentleman.

Didn't miss much either.

Last edited:

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
vagabond said:
Colin,
I do not know whether he is still dating that beautifull tall,thin,blonde.Have u seen any girl with him with that description during the IPT event in vegas?:cool:
WilmothEmily.jpg

Emily is a cool gal and when shes on, she plays run out pool.

Last edited:

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
He may be ...

a very good player, but he DOES NOT have a good stroke. He tucks his grip arm in against his body, and has overhang on his cue for aiming.
His grip arm from elbow down is slanted inwardly at an angle almost against his stomach.

It doesn't take much imagination on my part to tell what type of shots that his non-straight stroke would break down on him, one would be a long
cut into the corner that had to be power stroked with english some with the cue ball at the opposite end on the rail. His wrist was also 'not right'.

Form and mechanics of stroke are the first ways a real good player will evaluate his opponent, and tell him if his opponent will probably break down, how much pressure might be needed for that, and what type of shots that he will falter on.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you on dope!? He makes it work.

How about Efren's routine? Got any critique there? Mike Davis should be analyzed as well...just goes to show there is more than 1 way to skin a cat.

Snapshot9 said:
a very good player, but he DOES NOT have a good stroke. He tucks his grip arm in against his body, and has overhang on his cue for aiming.
His grip arm from elbow down is slanted inwardly at an angle almost against his stomach.

It doesn't take much imagination on my part to tell what type of shots that his non-straight stroke would break down on him, one would be a long
cut into the corner that had to be power stroked with english some with the cue ball at the opposite end on the rail. His wrist was also 'not right'.

Form and mechanics of stroke are the first ways a real good player will evaluate his opponent, and tell him if his opponent will probably break down, how much pressure might be needed for that, and what type of shots that he will falter on.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Black-Balled said:
Are you on dope!? He makes it work.

How about Efren's routine? Got any critique there? Mike Davis should be analyzed as well...just goes to show there is more than 1 way to skin a cat.

Yes, but unconventional forms and strokes can and will limit a player's potential, not always, there are some exceptions. That's why a good instructor will correct many students form and stroke before they can go on to other things.

A sidearm pitcher can make it in the big leagues, but it is rare to see any, and it is not the recommended way to pitch.

Haven't you ever heard the term, "He could have been a world champion if he only had a good stroke!" .... lol

And Broxson did break down some playing John the last match.

T

Timberly

Snapshot9 said:
And Broxson did break down some playing John the last match.
Just a little "didja know" about that match....Both players along with the rest of the crowd could hear approx 75% of everything the announcers were saying.

While taking a break David said that at one point he almost raised up and asked them how they would play that shot. Sure John could hear them too and at a different tournament it might've really bothered John like it did David but John was simply on a roll and couldn't be stopped last week.

I'm certainly not blaming the accustat announcers for David's loss but I do know that it bothered him and John too a little. That coupled with John hardly ever missing and getting all the rolls.... these things happen.

I did talk to one of the announcers and he said that they were being told to keep their voices up for recording purposes. The problem there, besides not having a sound proof or styrofoam padded booth, or even having a booth outside of the arena (they work off the tv monitor) was that there were less people in the room. Less people talking in the stands and no other matches taking place as they had been all week long. In order to make the video audible for sale, they had to speak up.... there just wasn't much to buffer it from the playing table. :cool:

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Timberly said:
Hey, you can't say that word on here! I guess the asterik marking scanner only knows english.... :D

u are a `Gabacho` and I am surprised to know that a `Gabacho` knows that word.
I can`t help it and I can`t stop using those words because I am a `Chun`taro`/`Naco`:D :cool: :D

Last edited:
T

Timberly

vagabond said:
u are a `Gabacho` and I am surprised to know that a `Gabacho` knows that word.
I can`t help it and I can`t stop using those words because I am a `Chun`taro`/`Naco`:D :cool: :D

Gabacho, I am... Naco, you're not. ;)

When I was youger I waited tables when I lived in TX... you can't find a restaurant in TX that doesn't have mexican's in the Kitchen... You learn/pick-up on things after awhile. :D