Mark "the Mongoose" Gregory Strikes Again

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hijacking someone's thread celebrating the installation of their new table, to sell their own table, is in poor taste, but doing so to air a dispute with the installer brings it to another level entirely.

This is akin to crashing someone's party to argue with the caterer..

Great post. Plus Mark had a serious life threatening issue to deal with. He deserves consideration for that too.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn, you could eat off that table. If it were mine, there would never be a scuff mark on the table or a ball! I would clean it immediately if there was. Talk about pristine! :thumbup:
This table is one of those things that gives credence to the often used line, "They don't make 'em like they used to!"

But in fairness to Mark, they never made them like that either.

That table gives the factory originals 9-6!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
But in fairness to Mark, they never made them like that either.

That table gives the factory originals 9-6!

Beauty wise I agree. Although even in it's original form the Brunswick Anniversary and Centennial were handsome tables. As far as playability they played pretty damn good, maybe the best table there was at the time. An old Anniversary will still stack up against any modern table for playability. They are big and very solidly made, with extra thick slate (1.25"). I doubt that any modern tables weighs as much, other then the Connelly Ultimate table.

Beauty wise I agree. Although even in it's original form the Brunswick Anniversary and Centennial were handsome tables. As far as playability they played pretty damn good, maybe the best table there was at the time. An old Anniversary will still stack up against any modern table for playability. They are big and very solidly made, with extra thick slate (1.25"). I doubt that any modern tables weighs as much, other then the Connelly Ultimate table.

Jay
Trust me the tables I rebuild play 10 times better than the original tables.
I build the tables the way Brunswick should have built them in the first place.
Diamond or Brunswick couldn’t build a better playing table than I do. PERIOD.
That’s why the VP of Brunswick was just here at my shop a month ago wanting me to
Do consulting for Brunswick tables.....I design the GC 5 on a cocktail napkin in 40 minutes. Last week the engineer for Brunswick was at the shop asking questions.
Hopefully Brunswick will work with me and get back in to the pool tournaments.
Billy’s table plays lights out.....but so does Billy.
Chris’s table plays the same.....I’ve had a lot of PM on Deans centennial table I owe him
And the tables already gone to someone......when I finish and set the table up......I’ll for sure. Show a ton of pics.
This one is going to be different.....the wood looks pretty sweet.....I just started building the rails......the rest of the tables done.....just have to buff the aluminum and make the rails. Couple months if all goes right. People don’t understand I’m not Brunswick or diamond......I AM THE CNC MACHINE.....I never know when the tables going to be done.
Last time Glen was here at the house he looked at a set of Anniversary rails with polyester and said oh my those look awesome.....ask Glen what I said.....those are terrible I have to redo them....glen looked at me and said are nuts. I redone those rails.
Just how I am.....if I’m not happy with something I do it until I am happy with it.
Got a lot of work lined up right now....but I do feel ok....last few days I worked 11hrs each day and moved about 12 slates.....either I’m back....or the bills are due. Lol

Mark Gregory

Last edited: