Calling all pro speed players

dogginda9

I need a vacation.
Silver Member
It’s not the ONLY way. I agree. But it is ONE way.

The vast majority of top regional players that I’ve ever met all say their personal journey was by hunting down stronger and stronger competition. Some of them would say it’s the only way because of their experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

^^^This.^^^

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Hey Jason, I know Delusional. He lives here in Rochester :scratchhead: :slap: :thud: !!!

Lyn

I hit balls for the 2nd time since July at Salt City the other day. First time playing in the new place. Table rolled real good, kinda look forward to playing some more.
Jason

Gum9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Curious, interested and amused!

If you have an idea of who I am, tucson9ball, that's pretty good sleuthing.
I just started playing again, and I'm focused and determined (perhaps too much) to get better.

Despite what people on here wish to say about my intentions to play a female pro player, I appreciate that you didn't offer any discouraging words.

Well, on with the practice.
If you think you know who I am and we run into each, please say hello, because I have no idea who you are. :smile:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I too have lived in Tucson since 1970 and thought I knew all of the players here but cannot figure out who Boogeyman may be. I must say, I admire his bravado and hope he gets his shot at this match. I'm sure it could be set up at Pockets, Click's, Freezers, BullShooters and there will be quite an online following and participation of betting.

Boogeyman, I'm easy to find in either poolroom in Tucson and could help spar for your practice. I for one would like to see this happen, heck, I'll even commentate the darned thing!

George Teyechea

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I too have lived in Tucson since 1970 and thought I knew all of the players here but cannot figure out who Boogeyman may be. I must say, I admire his bravado and hope he gets his shot at this match. I'm sure it could be set up at Pockets, Click's, Freezers, BullShooters and there will be quite an online following and participation of betting.

Boogeyman, I'm easy to find in either poolroom in Tucson and could help spar for your practice. I for one would like to see this happen, heck, I'll even commentate the darned thing!

George Teyechea

George, I'm looking forward to finding out who this secret pool players is.
Who knows, we may have a new player in town?

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

George Teyechea

Mr. Teyechea (cool name)
Yes, I want to play Siming or any female pro.
I plan to make a lot of noise with this. My name will come out eventually.
Hell, you might even know me.
I'm not 100% unknown, but damn close.

eazyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's not the issue - he's delusional.

Btw, only way to get better is to play better people is the worst and most untrue saying EVER!
Jason

your right the the only way but sure does help and will get you better no question about it.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
George, I'm looking forward to finding out who this secret pool players is.
Who knows, we may have a new player in town?

It's not a big secret, 9ball.
I just want to shake up the scene a bit and show that "a nobody" can grind down a female pro player.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You mean like Donny Mills? Lol.
Oh well, hope you have a great time with this.
Good luck
Jason

"[Apollo Creed] is gonna prove it to the whole world by giving an unknown a shot at the title."

--Apollo Creed's promoter, Rocky (1976)

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"[Apollo Creed] is gonna prove it to the whole world by giving an unknown a shot at the title."

--Apollo Creed's promoter, Rocky (1976)

I watched Star Wars but last time I tried to use the Jedi Mind trick to get out of a speeding ticket, it did not work. You don't need to see my drivers license. You don't want to give me a ticket, move along.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL!

Consider this, had 'Rocky' not taken that shot, he would not have succeeded in his sport or in life.

Rocky didn't take the shot. Rocky didn't succeed in life or in sport. He doesn't exist! I hope you succeed in all your endeavors, but using a fictional character as motivation may not be the best way to get folks to bet on ya...unless that is the plan all along, of course:wink:

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rocky didn't take the shot. Rocky didn't succeed in life or in sport. He doesn't exist! I hope you succeed in all your endeavors, but using a fictional character as motivation may not be the best way to get folks to bet on ya...unless that is the plan all along, of course:wink:

I have plenty of muses in my life, not the least of which is the one that burns deep inside.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'd play Karen Corr, sure.
But again, you just made my point.
She doesn't have the physical endurance to keep up.
I got her on that one.

No, I didn't make your point by saying that Karen might have a back issue right now. Anyone with back problems could have difficulty playing a race to 50 or 100 regardless of their age or sex. Your point would be made only if you take a healthy female pro and grind her down (as you say) to inferior play in a long match.

How about Jenn Barretta? She's at about the same FargoRate as you and probably about the same age as Karen. But she is known for her physical condition. So, while you and she would have about the same odds of winning in short races, you should clobber her in a long match if your beliefs are valid.

Last edited:

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, I didn't make your point by saying that Karen might have a back issue right now. Anyone with back problems could have difficulty playing a race to 50 or 100 regardless of their age or sex. Your point would be made only if you take a healthy female pro and grind her down (as you say) to inferior play in a long match.

How about Jenn Barretta? She's at about the same FargoRate as you and probably about the same age as Karen. But she is known for her physical condition. So, while you and she would have about the same odds of winning in short races, you should clobber her in a long match of your beliefs are valid.

To add on to this, I would think it would be interesting to see whether Siming's game would drop off so dramatically that Boogey can make a come back. Say she plays her normal speed for first 30 games and has a 20-10 lead. If she played even 50% of her speed after that point, would boogey be able to win 20-9 from there in a race to 30?

If Fargo is accurate, her playing half speed would be equal to bogey's normal speed. Is that the correct interpretation?