Calling all pro speed players

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Well, I've said what I wanted to, so I will leave it to Jim Croce who I think said it best.

You don't tug on superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger
And if your FargoRate is 150ish points lower than hers, you don't mess around with Chen. :thumbup:

Spits my apple juice all over my monitor!

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really enjoyed watching them play.

As Jay said, could be the nudge pool needs, we can hope so.

Also, I really like the way she moves on the big table. Most of the female pros don't fair as well on the big table so when you see a woman playing a man it's almost always on the toy tables. Then again, around my parts most all are scared to match up on big table.

It seems she has more balls than most all the men players I know here......Florence, al......huntsville, al.......decatur, al........at least she don't run from a big table match.

Bravo to her. I hope she ends up being a female Efren on the big table and little table.

Rake

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I've said what I wanted to, so I will leave it to Jim Croce who I think said it best.

You don't tug on superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger
And if your FargoRate is 150ish points lower than hers, you don't mess around with Chen. :thumbup:

Lol I nominate this as post of the yr great stufff

TheMarsMan

Nice Gun!
Silver Member
I was texting Oscar Dominguez and he said that if a 650 Fargo rated player will play him even, he is willing to wear a bikini and heels! :)

Last edited:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m with Jay. Let’s not knock this action we ALL want to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exactly. Pool desperately needs this.

To be fair to Boogey, he could win and be a hero. He could lose and get teased, but he can always clap back saying he had the courage to step up when so many wouldn’t. No champion ever emerges without that kind of heart.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To be fair to Boogey, he could win and be a hero. He could lose and get teased, but he can always clap back saying he had the courage to step up when so many wouldn’t. No champion ever emerges without that kind of heart.

I'm with you here. In no way should anyone think otherwise unless they are nothing more than jealous because they know they cannot win or just cannot muster up the, as you said, heart.

Rake

Michael Andros

Silver Member
I'm with you here. In no way should anyone think otherwise unless they are nothing more than jealous because they know they cannot win or just cannot muster up the, as you said, heart.

Rake

When I was @ 19 or so, a good friend and I were burning one, cruising around the hood and, as always, talking about pool. I said "I'm gonna be the best player that ever lived." And I was serious... and he looked at me and said "You're an idiot." And I said, "Maybe so... but I guarantee you this: Anybody who ever got to be the greatest ever in anything thought the same way. You don't get to be the best if you aren't convinced you are the best." He just shook his head, rolled his eyes and said again "You're an idiot."

:cool:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I was @ 19 or so, a good friend and I were burning one, cruising around the hood and, as always, talking about pool. I said "I'm gonna be the best player that ever lived." And I was serious... and he looked at me and said "You're an idiot." And I said, "Maybe so... but I guarantee you this: Anybody who ever got to be the greatest ever in anything thought the same way. You don't get to be the best if you aren't convinced you are the best." He just shook his head, rolled his eyes and said again "You're an idiot."

:cool:

Grady Mathews said he spent the majority of his life believing he was the best player in the world. He said if you didn’t think the same about yourself, you simply couldn’t compete. This isn’t some bum this was a name...The Professor.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Grady Mathews said he spent the majority of his life believing he was the best player in the world. He said if you didn’t think the same about yourself, you simply couldn’t compete. This isn’t some bum this was a name...The Professor.

I got to know Grady to some degree, having refereed at several of his tournaments and spent a fair amount of time speaking with him about a range of things. He absolutely would've agreed with us about it. One does not become the greatest at anything by chance. It comes from many things, but nothing more important than belief in one's self. You may never get there, but you will NEVER have had even a chance to get there without that belief.

eazyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Leave boogeyman alone. For all you know hes the real John Wick and he sucks and pool but will come in guns blazing after :)

jk but on a side note all the haters out there have to stop bashing. How many times if you are indeed a real player played someone out of your league that you thought you could win? How many times did you end up winning and make it to that level?

Only way to get there is to play better people

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
............. woke up grumpy ............

GL to BM if you ever play!!

Last edited:

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be honest with you - if you are REALLY fargorate mid 600s player then you stand almost zero chance against Siming in any race longer than lets say 15. You mention that you feel you are in a better shape than she is - what actually makes you think she wouldnt endure race to 50 or that her game would fade towards the end of race? I am DEFINITELY in way worse shape than her and I can play race to 50 without much fading towards the end. Also what makes you think you would "out-think her"? Any proof other than your opinion? But I know one thing definitely - your competitive drive is 100% NOT stronger than hers, otherwise you wouldnt be mid 600s player. Do you really think you have any idea how much passion/sacrifice/courage/competitive drive it takes to get to the level she is at now? Very unlikely...unless you are not telling truth about your level of play....

This....this ...... and this......

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's the line

If they play is any one going to book it. Should be 20 to 1
The over under for boogeyman 20 or so to 50. He has zero chance so 20 to 1 is stealing .
Jack

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Leave boogeyman alone. For all you know hes the real John Wick and he sucks and pool but will come in guns blazing after :)

jk but on a side note all the haters out there have to stop bashing. How many times if you are indeed a real player played someone out of your league that you thought you could win? How many times did you end up winning and make it to that level?

Only way to get there is to play better people

That's not the issue - he's delusional.

Btw, only way to get better is to play better people is the worst and most untrue saying EVER!
Jason

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe Karen Corr would do it. Her FargoRate is about halfway between yours and Chen's. And she is twice as old as Chen. And she lives in the USA. So maybe you could try to support your beliefs by playing her a long match.

Edit -- I just remembered that I heard she has had some back problems lately, so it might not be doable right now.
Edit2 -- Looks like hang-the-9 was on the same wavelength.

I'd play Karen Corr, sure.
But again, you just made my point.
She doesn't have the physical endurance to keep up.
I got her on that one.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's not the issue - he's delusional.

Btw, only way to get better is to play better people is the worst and most untrue saying EVER!

Jason

It’s not the ONLY way. I agree. But it is ONE way.

The vast majority of top regional players that I’ve ever met all say their personal journey was by hunting down stronger and stronger competition. Some of them would say it’s the only way because of their experiences.