Calling all pro speed players

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No worries about 99 games - he gets run over by her. He can bet what he likes.

What he fails to realize is that he is gonna start playing worse and worse as she puts rack after rack on him, her confidence will grow and by the time the race to 50 is over I don't believe it will look like a 600 something against a 790 - it will be worse.
Jason

Not sure how you can predict my playing "worse and worse."
I already know the girl can play. No surprises there.

My ability to stay in the match is by virtue of the mental and physical component of competition.
As I have alluded to before, my heart and brain are what will keep me in this match.

Not trying to be a d**k, just seeking out good competition and trying to prove a point.
There are a lot of good people in the pool world that can appreciate what I want to do.

Last edited:

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Fargo Rate

I think we're just confused on why you'd be confident playing a 790 female and not a 790 male.

It sounds like you're stating that a 790 male would be able to maintain a higher level of physical and mental performance for a longer period of time. I guess we're just curious what you're basing that on.

To many of us it seems that if she didn't have the same focus and stamina of a 790 male player her rating wouldn't be the same. There would be tournaments where she'd have flown to across the world and then competed for 12+ hour days multiple days in a row where she'd put in a poor set, and her rating would drop as a consequence. The fact that her rating has not dropped indicates that she has the ability to keep the level of play high even through those obstacles.

Personally I think her experience with international competition, her light weight, and her rock solid fundamentals would make her tougher to beat in a long session. I think we're all just surprised you'd come to such a different conclusion. Do you think her stamina has never been tested? Or that a woman's just can't equal a man's? Or that hers in particular is weak?

You certainly are free to bet against her and I'm sure you won't have any trouble getting action. If you're right you'll look like a genius. But there were plenty that were ready to empty on Donnie that didn't like the results.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will this be the first time a woman ever beat a top rated man at any game or sport in
a long race or whatever ? Ever happen before ? it will make history.
jack

Yes, "Battle of the Sexes" tennis match. Billy Jean King won the match.

However, Bobby Riggs was much older than BJK, and as we know, tennis possesses a large physical component--the mental component only gets one so far.

Pool is different. Two players of virtually any age can play (within limits) and the outcome will be based on their overall abilities.
In this case, multiple attributes can be utilized in one's arsenal.

One can utilize an array of tools: safety play, pocketing ability, mental alertness, concentration, pool intelligence, overall experience, age, endurance, eye-hand coordination, and heart/hunger.

Focusing on two or three of these can get a competitor to his/her destination.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Again, don't judge what you don't know, marek.

I will be honest with you - if you are REALLY fargorate mid 600s player then you stand almost zero chance against Siming in any race longer than lets say 15. You mention that you feel you are in a better shape than she is - what actually makes you think she wouldnt endure race to 50 or that her game would fade towards the end of race? I am DEFINITELY in way worse shape than her and I can play race to 50 without much fading towards the end. Also what makes you think you would "out-think her"? Any proof other than your opinion? But I know one thing definitely - your competitive drive is 100% NOT stronger than hers, otherwise you wouldnt be mid 600s player. Do you really think you have any idea how much passion/sacrifice/courage/competitive drive it takes to get to the level she is at now? Very unlikely...unless you are not telling truth about your level of play....

eazyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A relatively long race is what I desire.
Anyone can win a short race.
I want to grind her down.

One of my points in all of this is to show that endurance (and staying focused) is a key factor in sport.
I truly feel I beat Siming in that department.
I would do a two-day deal of a race to 75 or one day race to 40.

I strive to show that a mid-600s rated male can beat a pro female player if the focus on the match is on other things besides technical ability. Bet.

Not sure why you are getting hated on :nono: as your willing to put your money where your mouth is. For all nay sayers just let it happen and let the chips fall where they fall.

I look forward to this!

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It sounds like you're stating that a 790 male would be able to maintain a higher level of physical and mental performance for a longer period of time. I guess we're just curious what you're basing that on.

To many of us it seems that if she didn't have the same focus and stamina of a 790 male player her rating wouldn't be the same. There would be tournaments where she'd have flown to across the world and then competed for 12+ hour days multiple days in a row where she'd put in a poor set, and her rating would drop as a consequence. The fact that her rating has not dropped indicates that she has the ability to keep the level of play high even through those obstacles.

Personally I think her experience with international competition, her light weight, and her rock solid fundamentals would make her tougher to beat in a long session. I think we're all just surprised you'd come to such a different conclusion. Do you think her stamina has never been tested? Or that a woman's just can't equal a man's? Or that hers in particular is weak?

You certainly are free to bet against her and I'm sure you won't have any trouble getting action. If you're right you'll look like a genius. But there were plenty that were ready to empty on Donnie that didn't like the results.

I'm not attempting to look like a genius or "be right."
I already feel (and basing my statement on) that a 790-female can't maintain the same mental and physical level as a male can, and both of those attributes have nothing to do with the technical aspect of pool.

Don't mean to sound cheesy, but I offer a Bruce Lee quote (I paraphrase):
The key to winning in competition does not entirely lie within the game.
Eventually, what becomes just as important is the preparation of oneself for the competition than practicing the actual game itself.
The (scariest) opponent is the one who is determined to bite your nose off, no matter what happens to him/(her) in the process.

I am that opponent.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Well folks, I'm getting ready to make some pop corn. The beer is still in the fridge waiting for the right moment. This could be huge!

Fargo dropped me again. This time to 649. I've played Karen, Julie, Kelly, Jeanette, Jennifer and several other top American based female players with mixed results. All races to nine. I'm now 74. Would doubt very highly I'd be competitive with any player, male or female, with a 790 Fargo. In my mind you are either overestimating your ability or you are a far better player than your 650 Fargo shows.

An awful lot of posters here on AZ know me and have seen me play. I don't know you. Want to reveal your secret identity?

Lyn

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A relatively long race is what I desire.
Anyone can win a short race.
I want to grind her down.

One of my points in all of this is to show that endurance (and staying focused) is a key factor in sport.
I truly feel I beat Siming in that department.
I would do a two-day deal of a race to 75 or one day race to 40.

I strive to show that a mid-600s rated male can beat a pro female player if the focus on the match is on other things besides technical ability. Bet.

This is not an average female US pro, I think all of which are ranked in the 600s, this is a player that SVB said could win a world championship against men pros.

I'd pay for PPV for this match even if it was not streamed free. Being able to stay awake longer than someone else does not really mean that is the better player. A better test would be trying several games, including playing the 10 ball ghost, maybe one pocket race to 5, straight pool to 100. Doing something for longer does not mean doing it better. If someone can run a mile in 4 minutes but can only do it 20 times before he gets tired and someone can run it in 4:15 but can run it 30 times, does that make the second person a faster runner?

Endurance in long sets over several day is great for a gambler to be able to do, not so much for a world class tournament player.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I can get $2,000.00 cleared, Jay.

Where is Siming currently?
I can't travel to China unfortunately.
I'm willing to take a look at a few venues that we can agree on.

Perhaps in Vegas or Phoenix. It could possibly be arranged. I can check with Roy on her schedule. How does a Race to Fifty, Ten Ball (or 9-Ball) sound, played over two days, going to twenty five on day one. Say $2,500 a side. That might be enough to make it worthwhile for them to come out this way. You can reach me directly at jayhelfert@yahoo.com. If you communicate with me there, let me know your name. That way Roy can put together a full scouting report on you. I'm sure he doesn't want to put Siming in against a ringer. :yikes:

Last edited:

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be honest with you - if you are REALLY fargorate mid 600s player then you stand almost zero chance against Siming in any race longer than lets say 15. You mention that you feel you are in a better shape than she is - what actually makes you think she wouldnt endure race to 50 or that her game would fade towards the end of race? I am DEFINITELY in way worse shape than her and I can play race to 50 without much fading towards the end. Also what makes you think you would "out-think her"? Any proof other than your opinion? But I know one thing definitely - your competitive drive is 100% NOT stronger than hers, otherwise you wouldnt be mid 600s player. Do you really think you have any idea how much passion/sacrifice/courage/competitive drive it takes to get to the level she is at now? Very unlikely...unless you are not telling truth about your level of play....

Well said, marek.
My rating is mid-600s. No lie. That's not even a discussion nor the important part...

Well, admittedly, I don't like any race under 15, against any pro.
It's too short. They're supposed to win a short race like that.

I'm not saying I'm in better shape (although I am), but rather, I feel my endurance is better than most.
Why is it when a player shows some gamble and heart, that instead of encouraging someone, they put them down as if there is NO chance? It's funny.

You think intelligent playing pool is all about pool? No way.
As in life, it's about making the best decision.
A lot of it is about patience, experience, emotions, guts, risk-analysis...
That's not an opinion.

I totally agree with you, marek, Siming is a super player, what with all the energy she puts into the game.
Kudos to her, no doubt. She gets tons of credit from me.

I'll bet she's a better shot-maker than I am-I'll give her that.
But I feel I can hang with her in every other aspect of competition--without a doubt.

Ratings? Blah! :cool:

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perhaps in Vegas or Phoenix. It could possible be arranged. I can check with Roy on her schedule. How does a Race to Fifty, Ten Ball (or 9-Ball) sound, played over two days, going to twenty five on day one. Say $2,500 a side. That might be enough to make it worthwhile for them to come out this way. You can reach me directly at jayhelfert@yahoo.com. If you communicate with me there, let me know your name. That way Roy can put together a full scouting report on you. I'm sure he doesn't want to put Siming in against a ringer. :yikes:

Sounds great, Jay.
I will email you within the hour.

To some of you on here:

I feel some of you here think I'm b*llsh***ing and just hiding behind the screen just talking nonsense. You'll see that I'm not.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well said, marek.
My rating is mid-600s. No lie. That's not even a discussion nor the important part...

I'm not saying I'm in better shape (although I am), but rather, I feel my endurance is better than most.
Why is it when a player shows some gamble and heart, that instead of encouraging someone, they put them down as if there is NO chance? It's funny.

That's not an opinion.

I totally agree with you, marek, Siming is a super player, what with all the energy she puts into the game.

But I feel I can hang with her in every other aspect of competition--without a doubt.

I don't think you totally understand how Fargo ratings work, they take all that you said into account. The rating does not just come from how well you run out a rack, it's how well you win against other people of a certain ability. That is what got people that said a male pro can beat her easily, they don't understand statistics and refused to break their internal logic that a 700 male is better than a 700 female.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well said, marek.

That's not an opinion.

Well you DO understand that the longer the set the less chance of winning you actually have, right? It doesnt matter if your fitness is actually better than hers, what really matters is the fact that Siming would probably have little to no problem at all keeping her game at very high level in race to 50 till the very end. One thing is to show gamble and heart, the other thing is to underestimate your opponent and blindly walk into a proposition you will most likely lose. BUT if you really want to gamble against Siming just for the sake of testing/proving yourself and you can afford to lose 2k then my advice to you is to just enjoy the ride, I would actually envy you that match. On the other hand I would bet my money on Siming honestly ;)

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perhaps in Vegas or Phoenix. It could possibly be arranged. I can check with Roy on her schedule. How does a Race to Fifty, Ten Ball (or 9-Ball) sound, played over two days, going to twenty five on day one. Say $2,500 a side. That might be enough to make it worthwhile for them to come out this way. You can reach me directly at jayhelfert@yahoo.com. If you communicate with me there, let me know your name. That way Roy can put together a full scouting report on you. I'm sure he doesn't want to put Siming in against a ringer. :yikes:

She shows up and it turns out to be SVB with fake glasses and a mustache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

eazyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well you DO understand that the longer the set the less chance of winning you actually have, right? It doesnt matter if your fitness is actually better than hers, what really matters is the fact that Siming would probably have little to no problem at all keeping her game at very high level in race to 50 till the very end. One thing is to show gamble and heart, the other thing is to underestimate your opponent and blindly walk into a proposition you will most likely lose. BUT if you really want to gamble against Siming just for the sake of testing/proving yourself and you can afford to lose 2k then my advice to you is to just enjoy the ride, I would actually envy you that match. On the other hand I would bet my money on Siming honestly ;)

Im pretty sure he knows exactly who she is and what kind of game she has. If Coner was able to fight Mayweather why wouldnt this guy with a fargo rating "650" not be able to play someone with a fargo rating of 790? Coner boxing ability - sub 500 at best just because hes got fighting exp. Mayweather - IDK what is fargo highest raiting level? + 20!

Stop bashing on the guy let him play. For all you know he has a fargo rating of "650" a year ago and started practicing and feels like hes at 740 or higher? When you play pool and you jump up a level dont you want to compete against someone 2 levels highers? I am sure he feels the same way! Anyways i got my popcorn out!

Alex Kanapilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll take that bet.

I'm a mid-600 player, and I'll play Siming for the cash, straight-up
Make it a race to 50 and she doesn't have to like it.
Why?
Because endurance is gonna be a factor, and pool is not all about making balls.

I feel I'm in better shape than she is, I'll out-think her, I feel my competitive drive is stronger than hers, and I'm an unknown.

Plus, I speak some Chinese, so a little barking is a-gonna happen.

No disrespect to Xiao3chen2 (anyone who has studied Chinese will understand why I called her that--it's not disrespectful), but I've never lost to a girl in my life.

Anyone want to bet?
I live in Tucson, AZ.

Lol, really? I'm sure you're joking but just in case you're not...

You have no shot at beating her in a long race if you're a 650ish player.

Obviously you can't play a race to 100 in one day so if that's your gimmick, never mind.

I mean, if you got beat 100-0, that would still take almost 11 hours and that's with no smoke/bathroom breaks. Assuming you're a 650 and it goes according to FR's prediction (based on their "fair match" charts and extrapolating out to race to 100) and you win 60 games before she gets to 100, that would take 17.5 hours (using someone's recently posted time of 6.5 mins per game).

But, I really hope you convince people to set this up. I'll be betting against you and in this case I'd be willing to give odds.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The biggest difference in the match was the breaking , I'd like Donny's chances to break better late in a long set than hers , I highly doubt he doesn't want a rematch lets not forget he's a nice player but he's not even in the top 100 ,, what I'd like to see is her play a Top player I'll even take one below her 790 , like let's say Ruslan and I might give a game on the wire :wink:

Alex Kanapilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im pretty sure he knows exactly who she is and what kind of game she has. If Coner was able to fight Mayweather why wouldnt this guy with a fargo rating "650" not be able to play someone with a fargo rating of 790? Coner boxing ability - sub 500 at best just because hes got fighting exp. Mayweather - IDK what is fargo highest raiting level? + 20!

Stop bashing on the guy let him play. For all you know he has a fargo rating of "650" a year ago and started practicing and feels like hes at 740 or higher? When you play pool and you jump up a level dont you want to compete against someone 2 levels highers? I am sure he feels the same way! Anyways i got my popcorn out!

I wrote my first response after reading his first post but now that I've read the thread, I want to say that I'm all for this. I would pay to watch this too.

Not bashing the guy for wanting to play, I just think his logic is flawed and most of the arguments he makes for improving his chances actually favor Siming.

If they do go through with this, would you be willing to bet on him? If so, PM me and I'll take Siming. We can finalize after the details are posted.