Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page A question for you creative/engineer/inventor types...
Page 5 of 6 « First 345 6

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#61)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

11-07-2013, 06:29 PM

bdorman...We're having a lesson on Sunday. If he doesn't mind, I will take some pictures of him shooting, and perhaps a short video. I plan to make sure they see this thread in it's entirety.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdorman View Post
Scott,

If I make a fist with my bridge hand, does that essentially mimic the shape of his hand?

Is his wrist straight like yours would be if you made a fist and laid your arm on a flat surface? Or is his wrist curled or otherwise mis-formed?

Just trying to get an clearer idea of situation.

PBIA Master Instructor

Old
  (#62)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

11-10-2013, 10:59 PM

Well, I had a lesson working with the young man, who is the object of this thread this afternoon. I learned a lot about his disability, and he learned a lot about his pool stroke! Since the maker of Scott's bridge has passed away, I believe the first step will be to contact Scott Simonetti, and see if he wants to part with the last generation of his bridge. If that fails, then I have an offer from a poster here to have him fabricate something that will work for this young man. So, either way, it seems like a winner. Thanks again to everyone who posted, and offered ideas and suggestions!

Scott Lee

PBIA Master Instructor

Last edited by Scott Lee; 11-10-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Old
  (#63)
ctyhntr
RIP Ginky
ctyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-11-2013, 12:52 AM

Scott,
I saw Scott Simonetti yesterday and passed on your information. In addition to your student, maybe this could also benefit others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lee View Post
Well, I had a lesson working with the young man, who is the object of this thread this afternoon. I learned a lot about his disability, and he learned a lot about his pool stroke! Since the maker of Scott's bridge has passed away, I believe the first step will be to contact Scott Simonetti, and see if he wants to part with the last generation of his bridge. If that fails, then I have an offer from a poster here to have him fabricate something that will work for this young man. So, either way, it seems like a winner. Thanks again to everyone who posted, and offered ideas and suggestions!

Scott Lee

My ego is writing checks that my stroke can't cash.

Last edited by ctyhntr; 11-16-2013 at 06:30 AM.

Old
  (#64)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

11-17-2013, 12:06 PM

Thanks Henry! Hopefully he'll give me a call!

Scott Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctyhntr View Post
Scott,
I saw Scott Simonetti yesterday and passed on your information. In addition to your student, maybe this could also benefit others.

PBIA Master Instructor

Old
  (#65)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com
JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
11-18-2013, 02:28 AM

Try this Scott.

http://www.cuesight.com/sthbfb.html

If you think it will work I will have Matt send him one for free. Just please tell him if it worked to solve the problem.

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Old
  (#66)
manwon
"WARLOCK 1"
manwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond repute

11-18-2013, 03:30 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Lee;4430131]I have a student whose adult son has CP in his lower arm and bridge hand. It doesn't allow him to make a conventional bridge, or even a fist bridge. He bridges the cue over his wrist, and doesn't have any real way to keep it steady, other than gripping tightly. It is especially difficult when shooting over a ball, which he has to do with a "floating" bridge. I had an idea of making an inch wide elastic strap that would go around his wrist, attached with velcro (so he could make as tight or loose as he wanted), and then attaching a velcro strip across the top part where his wrist is. Then you could make a kind of a bridge "head", with grooves for the cue, out of wood or plastic, and have that mesh with the velcro to create a stable place for his cue. His swing is already pretty good, and straight...and this would give him options, both on positioning the "bridge head", where he was most comfortable shooting, and potentially different bridge heights. Anybody run across a problem like this, or have any ideas to contribute? I know there is player in NJ who is missing a hand, and has some kind of prosthetic bridge that fits on the end of his arm (if anybody can post a link to that thread, I'd appreciate it). My guy has his hand...he just can't use it functionally. Thanks for any ideas!

Scott back in the 1970's in St. Louis there was guy with a similar handicap. Someone made him a slip on Leather glove that had a bridge head attached to it. The guy played very well with all considered, but try as I may I can not remember exactly how the bridge was attached. I also do not remember if the bridge was attached at the knuckles or at the wrist. Maybe someone else can take this forward and be more helpful.

Best Regards

"Warlock 1"

Craig W. Rittel

Old
  (#67)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

11-18-2013, 06:57 AM

Thanks John! It might...I'll PM you his information.

Scott Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Cases View Post
Try this Scott.

http://www.cuesight.com/sthbfb.html

If you think it will work I will have Matt send him one for free. Just please tell him if it worked to solve the problem.

PBIA Master Instructor

Old
  (#68)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

11-18-2013, 07:00 AM

Thanks Craig! Good to see you posting again!

Scott Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwon View Post
Scott back in the 1970's in St. Louis there was guy with a similar handicap. Someone made him a slip on Leather glove that had a bridge head attached to it. The guy played very well with all considered, but try as I may I can not remember exactly how the bridge was attached. I also do not remember if the bridge was attached at the knuckles or at the wrist. Maybe someone else can take this forward and be more helpful.

PBIA Master Instructor

Old
  (#69)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

11-20-2013, 08:55 AM

bump back to the front page.

PBIA Master Instructor

Old
  (#70)
RRfireblade
Grammer Are For Stupids
RRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond reputeRRfireblade has a reputation beyond repute

11-20-2013, 01:00 PM

Havent heard anything yet btw.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

Bertrand Russell

Old
  (#71)
peteypooldude
I see Edges
peteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond repute

11-20-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
bdorman...We're having a lesson on Sunday. If he doesn't mind, I will take some pictures of him shooting, and perhaps a short video. I plan to make sure they see this thread in it's entirety.

Scott Lee

I sent a pic. Let me know if you got it and we can work from there

"I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a more intellegent statement than this one." - Unknown

"'i didnt shoot bad the table beat me' - Did the table miscue for you too?" - JCIN

"My game will be your teacher." - CJ Wiley
AKA-Body-Lock

Last edited by peteypooldude; 11-20-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Old
  (#72)
peteypooldude
I see Edges
peteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond reputepeteypooldude has a reputation beyond repute

11-20-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteypooldude View Post
I sent a pic. Let me know if you got it and we can work from there
I will mail you the brace if you need it

"I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a more intellegent statement than this one." - Unknown

"'i didnt shoot bad the table beat me' - Did the table miscue for you too?" - JCIN

AKA-Body-Lock

Old
  (#73)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

11-20-2013, 03:17 PM

Jay...I left a message for Tyler on Sunday, but I haven't heard back from him yet! We'll get there!

Scott Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRfireblade View Post
Havent heard anything yet btw.

PBIA Master Instructor

Old
  (#74)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

11-20-2013, 03:20 PM

Yes, I got your email pics. Thank you. What happens when you have to shoot over a ball? The thing that Paul Fanelli made for Scott Simonetti addressed this very well, with some folding wings to raise up the bridge. (see NYC Grind link in earlier John Novak post on page 4). I'll let you know, but thanks for your offer!

Scott Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteypooldude View Post
I will mail you the brace if you need it

PBIA Master Instructor

Old
  (#75)
peteypooldude
I see Edges

11-20-2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Yes, I got your email pics. Thank you. What happens when you have to shoot over a ball? The thing that Paul Fanelli made for Scott Simonetti addressed this very well, with some folding wings to raise up the bridge. (see NYC Grind link in earlier John Novak post on page 4). I'll let you know, but thanks for your offer!

Scott Lee
It works great over a ball, it's an adjustable bridge .
I just sent u a pick bridging over a ball. Actually 3 pics

AKA-Body-Lock

Last edited by peteypooldude; 11-20-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Page 5 of 6 « First 345 6

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: