MVP Ebony into Curly Maple (John Davis) Windows & Barbells, Abalone Shell & MOP

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MVP Ebony into Curly Maple (John Davis) Windows & Barbells, Abalone Shell & MOP

This cue is made from a John Davis full spliced ebony into curly maple blank. Shaun wanted some old school elements in the cue; barbells and windows, mother of pearl, and a smooth leather wrap. The abalone shell dots were chosen because they were a nice match to the veneer colors. I used mother of pearl for the smaller bars to show the beauty of that material that a dot sometimes fails to do. The maple used for the windows was chosen to convey a level of depth to the butt sleeve. The joint and butt cap are made of deer antler. Though unpictured, an abalone shell inlay in the face of the ebony extension and pink mother of pearl inlays in the joint protector faces cap everything off.

Thank you Shaun.

(My apologies for the large picture. I wanted to show some detail with this one.)

http://mvpcues.com/finishedcues.php

ShaunY.jpg

Last edited:

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That is stunning Kelly. Fantastic cue!

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice :)
Hard to see from the picture, but is the joint and shaft ring inlays veneer or abalone?

ShaunTanYK

Custom Junkie
Silver Member
I would like to say thank yyou to Kelly for delivering this stunning cue. It has greatly exceeded my expectations. Kelly has a keen eye for detail, and a lot of times offered his inputs on this cue. The whole project and experience has been a really enjoyable one, and I guess this is what captivates the whole experience, a relationship with the cuemaker.

Thank you Kelly.

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
Your work compliments the JD blank with neither overshadowing the other.
A+ Kelly.