Blueprint for a quality live stream?

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
Could someone post the specs for a really good live stream? I would like to learn from everyone's experience. Does anyone out here use a mac?

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Formula for a good live stream.
Windows computer with alot of memory.
3CCD camera that works well in low light,lighting is important but in poolhalls what can you really do.
Firewire Cable.
USB Mixer with various mics.
High speed internet connection or otherwise the best equipment is worthless.
Make sure to study whatever broadcaster you choose to use to learn all the little tricks.
Good tripod that is setup at the right angle.
I might have left other stuff out and I am sure others will mention it like a good encoder also.

CueSportTV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is what we choose to use and do for our live and recorded programmes:

- Sturdy Tripod
- 3CCD camera (we tend to use Sony PD-150, Z1 or equivalent)
- We take a 4 light 'redhead' kit to most tournaments to light around the table (not the table itself.) low light can cause pixelation at low bitrates
- A decent Internet connection, we will not stream unless we can get 148kbps or higher upstream.
- If you have a low quality connection 148k -256k keep camera movement to a minimum. It is movement that makes a picture lose definition and creates pixelation.
- Windows Media Encoder (we stream to a dedicated WM Server)
- Professional microphones with mixing desk
- Try to stop people walking in front of cameras - I hate it when this occurs!!!

Have looked at streaming via Satellite and is an option with the right kind of response or tournament. It is heavily expensive though. ?1000 for 4 hours!