2010 Canadian Championships Qualifier

Danktrees

RIP RS
Silver Member
If they fight I will take Mayweather 100%.I like Manny,but I bet with my brain not my heart.Mayweather will hurt Manny cause he wants to.Its the promoters that keep stalling this fight not Floyd.After they fight their won't be anything else that can get this much hype with.Its all about the money!;)

well here's the thing, they had the fight agreed upon but one guy wanted random drug tests through blood samples and the other guy disagreed and wanted scheduled urine tests instead. so u tell me who's fault it was. imo, random drug tests are better than scheduled drug tests.

Last edited:

Danktrees

RIP RS
Silver Member
Mayweather of course....the fight is either fixed or Mayweather just likes challenging fighters he know he can beat! Mosley wanted him before when he was in his prime but Mayweather dodged him lol. The fighters that Mayweather apparently "destroyed" Pacman knocked out in a couple of rounds lol.

they've only fought 3 guys in common. against de la hoya mayweather took the title from him through a split decision. after that fight de la hoya should have retired. he was done, but he chose to come back for no reason and manny destroyed him like he should have in a non title fight. im pretty sure mayweather would kill de la hoya if they fought now and im sure anyone would agree...even if they're not fans of mayweather. on top of that, de la hoya has nothing to fight for any more. at the time when he fought mayweather, he was at least fighting to retain a title. mayweather took de la hoya out when de la hoya was on top of his division.

as for ricky hatton, they both kicked the crap out of him. but mayweather did it in a higher weight class and for a more prestigious title. WBC > IBO+The Ring. also, hatton is not the same fighter he was when he fought mayweather. he was undefeated when he faced mayweather but after that lost it messed him up so badly that he almost got knocked out by lazcano. so its not surprising pacquiao kicked the crap out of him. that was a given. as it stands they both ruined hatton's career by so utterly destroying him. that being said tho, hatton will still draw a decent sized british crowd regardless of who he fights so maybe it's not ruined.

as for the third guy, juan manuel marquez, pacquiao fought him to a draw the first time then a won split decision. mayweather on the other hand absolutely destroyed him. marquez did nothing the whole match, his 12% hit rate compared to mayweather's 59% is laughable, it wasnt even a match. it was almost as bad as manny destroying clottey.

but it's all a moot point as to who is better until they actually fight. u can say mayweather is dodging him, or dodged mosley before, it really doesnt matter. the fights are set by his promoter, not mayweather himself. mayweather doesnt care who he faces as long as he gets paid. he's fought champions many times and came out on top like pacquiao has so he hasnt dodged anyone. half of the stuff mayweather does is part of the show since he's a showman. he's just trying to play mindgames like he does with all of his opponents. when they actually gets in the ring, he doesnt care about any of that stuff, he just fights to win as proven by his undefeated record.

what we need is the return of THE PRINCE! Naseem Hamed is the best and always will be.

Last edited:

Cardinal_Syn

Julz
Silver Member
they've only fought 3 guys in common. against de la hoya mayweather took the title from him through a split decision. after that fight de la hoya should have retired. he was done, but he chose to come back for no reason and manny destroyed him like he should have in a non title fight. im pretty sure mayweather would kill de la hoya if they fought now and im sure anyone would agree...even if they're not fans of mayweather. on top of that, de la hoya has nothing to fight for any more. at the time when he fought mayweather, he was at least fighting to retain a title. mayweather took de la hoya out when de la hoya was on top of his division.

as for ricky hatton, they both kicked the crap out of him. but mayweather did it in a higher weight class and for a more prestigious title. WBC > IBO+The Ring. also, hatton is not the same fighter he was when he fought mayweather. he was undefeated when he faced mayweather but after that lost it messed him up so badly that he almost got knocked out by lazcano. so its not surprising pacquiao kicked the crap out of him. that was a given. as it stands they both ruined hatton's career by so utterly destroying him. that being said tho, hatton will still draw a decent sized british crowd regardless of who he fights so maybe it's not ruined.

as for the third guy, juan manuel marquez, pacquiao fought him to a draw the first time then a won split decision. mayweather on the other hand absolutely destroyed him. marquez did nothing the whole match, his 12% hit rate compared to mayweather's 59% is laughable, it wasnt even a match. it was almost as bad as manny destroying clottey.

but it's all a moot point as to who is better until they actually fight. u can say mayweather is dodging him, or dodged mosley before, it really doesnt matter. the fights are set by his promoter, not mayweather himself. mayweather doesnt care who he faces as long as he gets paid. he's fought champions many times and came out on top like pacquiao has so he hasnt dodged anyone. half of the stuff mayweather does is part of the show since he's a showman. he's just trying to play mindgames like he does with all of his opponents. when they actually gets in the ring, he doesnt care about any of that stuff, he just fights to win as proven by his undefeated record.

what we need is the return of THE PRINCE! Naseem Hamed is the best and always will be.

Why all of a sudden Mayweather wants a random drug test? Is he making excuses in advance? I don't know maybe, maybe not. But when you have to do a test that's tougher than the Olympic testing then that's just pure mind games. The fight is sanctioned, it's not some backyard fight where anything goes. If it satisfies the organization that sanctioned it then shouldn't it be good enough? It is a professional fight after all. We all know the fight will eventually happen, Mayweather is just building hype. That's what he's good at, talks a lot of shit.

Back then I wasn't really a big Pacman fan. I thought his defence was weak and that he was careless. But now I'm a believer. How many times will he jump weight class? lol. Pacman=Speed/Power Mayweather=Speed/Defence. Whatever happens this fight will surely beat Pacman vs Cotto record setting ppv.

When this fight goes through after all these politics are gone you know you got game from me :thumbup:

So what about the Canadian Qualifiers again? lol

JD_Hogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Speaking of fighting, I just heard a good quote regarding the knock out punch delivered by Fedor vs Brett Rogers:

"The last time a brother got hit that hard, Apollo Creed died"

haha

Last edited:

samurai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Before you crucify Odie, he is the one that is running the snooker in Ontario. He currently has 14 qualifiers for snooker in the Toronto area. They are all listed on Snookerline.com.

There is not a 9-Ball director in Ontario but there are some qualifiers running. Anyone interested in stepping up and running one only needs to contact Odie. It is always easy to critisize but try getting involved and helping the sport in an actual way. Not too many are willing to do that!!

Roy...Donnie and I did approach him and were met with nothing but negativity! You can ask Donnie yourself...we had a meeting with them that lasted all of 15 minutes, read my older posts on this! He is only interested in snooker....CBSA is supposed to be our governing body for all cuesports in Canada....9-ball is always an afterthought, and organised at the last minute...since he wanted the position, he has to take resposibility for the lack of qualifiers...the fact that there are 14 snooker qualifiers and NONE for 9-ball, 8-ball or 10-ball, is everyone's complaint...I am allowed to critisize because I did try to step up to the plate, with added money already in hand, which I gave back in the end, they were my contacts to begin with and I was not about to put my reputation in his hands.

samurai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, let's get something straight here. I was at the meeting with Grace, Odie and Don and unless my memory has deserted me in my old age I remember that Grace didn't have any GUARANTEED sponsorship money and all she came with to the meeting was a PROPOSAL.

We (the OBSA) were looking for someone to organize ALL of the pool in Ontario, however Grace was unwilling to do that and was only interested in running her own thing (strictly 9-ball and strictly open division).

There was no consideration for the amateur side, 8-ball, 10-ball or juniors.

It's true we don't have a Director of Pool in the OBSA and we've been trying to find someone who is willing to volunteer their time to organize all the events required but no one has ever stepped forward to take on the whole thing.

So PLEASE, quit your moaning regarding pool in Ontario and the OBSA and step up and help us out. We will be having qualifiers in the Silver Tip (once Eddie moves), Milsy's in Kitchener and likely John White will run some at Shooters. However, turn-out for these has been relatively very poor and in order to cover the spots the money comes out of the room owner's pockets or out of the player's pockets.

Snooker is running successfully in Ontario and we wanted to try and get the pool (all disciplines) organized along the same lines however there's just no one to do it (besides Grace of course, but then again we would still need someone to run the rest of it).

Also, there are qualifiers in Sudbury and Ottawa which anyone can get into.

For those who would like to change the OBSA board, PLEASE feel free to do so. All you have to do is pay your membership ($25) and then attend the bi-annual AGM and nominate your own slate of officers. But just remember you have to run EVERYTHING, not only pool but also the snooker as well.

Terry Davidson
Treasurer, OBSA

I did have the money in hand Terry so your memory is failing you! I know that they have successful qualifiers in Sudbury, so I wanted to run some for OUR area as well, and other Ontario residents were welcome to play....

"But just remember you have to run EVERYTHING, not only pool but also the snooker as well."

....these are your words, and yet in your next posts you admit to having little or no interest in pool, so which is it?..yes I offered to run 9-ball only
(2 years ago), but that was at least a start...perhaps if my nomination had been heard last year, things might be different this year...yes there is a lot of moaning, but most of it is JUSTIFIED!...you guys do a great job for snooker, what about everyone else?!...your expertise lies with snooker and mine is in the "pool and billiard industry", together, we might have been able to overcome all this grief, but I wasn't given the chance!

samurai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Willy I appreciate your support...as for Terry's comment regarding snooker cloth from Simonis, they did offer snooker cloth but Odie didn't like it from what I was told, he was given a sample for free, to use for his legion event a few years ago(by me) and he didn't even have the courtesy to get back to me with an opinion one way or the other, I was just told through the grapevine that he didn't like it...as for your comment below, I wasn't aware that Miliken was being used until a few weeks ago and was never approached to contact Simonis....had I been asked I would have gladly made the call...how can one step up if they are not asked?...I do not wish either of you any ill will, however, after my experience with you guys, I have no desire to be a part of your "old boys club"!..good luck

"So my question to Grace is...first of all if you have such a great relationship with Simonis then why didn't you step up this year and get free cloths for both snooker and pool? Especially since it appears yourself and a majority of the players prefer the Simonis to the Milliken."

SteveC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really Do Not Want To Get Involved Here.....But.....

Point #1:

OBSA - I think it is very clear by reading this thread that it is time to split OBSA into two different groups, snooker & pool. I would love to see a pool group present a ON pool proposal to CBSA. What they have now is not working & no one can dispute that.

Provinces are suppose to govern the National group, but obviously this is not working in ON, so maybe it is time for National involvement. Every year when I leave the Canadians I am told that pool will be better in ON the next year, in regards to the CBSA, but unfortunately, there is still room for major improvements. Two months before the Nationals, & qualifiers just being organized now by room owners & players. Do I have to say anymore?

As I mentioned earlier, I really do not want to get involved in this ON personality battles, but many blame the ON situation on CBSA. There are 3 Directors from ON presently on the CBSA Board, so maybe the time has come to give one of them the mandate to organize pool in ON for the CBSA.

Point #2:

2010 Cloth Sponsorship - For the information of all, Simonis was approached to be the cloth sponsor for pool. Since Simonis did not respond to 3 emails over a 2 month period, the Board turned to Milliken to be the sponsor, for both pool & snooker cloth. Actually there were no complaints with the pool cloth in 2008. It plays good. In 2008 the Super Pro cloth was also used at many International events. I also think it was used at the BCA Open that year, but I could be wrong about that. There is no question that Simonis produces a great pool cloth, no one in their right mind would dispute that. But CBSA tried, with no success, so no apologies necessary this year.

Also I don't think it is a fair statement to say that Milliken is a CBSA sponsor because Odie is doing business with them. They are a sponsor because CBSA needed a cloth sponsor & Milliken stepped up for us. What I have found is that sponsors are kept by promoting their product & doing business with them. That is just business. You could probably say that about any sponsorship.

Okay folks, I guess I am involved now. I have my battle gear on. Blast away.

- Steve Cooper
President, CBSA

The Beginner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hey Ced would you bet your Searing on Mayweather? if the fight will happen against Pacman.and im sure i can come up with something :thumbup:

Last edited:

samurai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Point #1:

OBSA - I think it is very clear by reading this thread that it is time to split OBSA into two different groups, snooker & pool. I would love to see a pool group present a ON pool proposal to CBSA. What they have now is not working & no one can dispute that.

Provinces are suppose to govern the National group, but obviously this is not working in ON, so maybe it is time for National involvement. Every year when I leave the Canadians I am told that pool will be better in ON the next year, in regards to the CBSA, but unfortunately, there is still room for major improvements. Two months before the Nationals, & qualifiers just being organized now by room owners & players. Do I have to say anymore?

As I mentioned earlier, I really do not want to get involved in this ON personality battles, but many blame the ON situation on CBSA. There are 3 Directors from ON presently on the CBSA Board, so maybe the time has come to give one of them the mandate to organize pool in ON for the CBSA.

Point #2:

2010 Cloth Sponsorship - For the information of all, Simonis was approached to be the cloth sponsor for pool. Since Simonis did not respond to 3 emails over a 2 month period, the Board turned to Milliken to be the sponsor, for both pool & snooker cloth. Actually there were no complaints with the pool cloth in 2008. It plays good. In 2008 the Super Pro cloth was also used at many International events. I also think it was used at the BCA Open that year, but I could be wrong about that. There is no question that Simonis produces a great pool cloth, no one in their right mind would dispute that. But CBSA tried, with no success, so no apologies necessary this year.

Also I don't think it is a fair statement to say that Milliken is a CBSA sponsor because Odie is doing business with them. They are a sponsor because CBSA needed a cloth sponsor & Milliken stepped up for us. What I have found is that sponsors are kept by promoting their product & doing business with them. That is just business. You could probably say that about any sponsorship.

Okay folks, I guess I am involved now. I have my battle gear on. Blast away.

- Steve Cooper
President, CBSA

Hi Coop,

I am behind you and CBSA, and always have been one of the few in Ontario who support YOU....it was only after a lot of deliberation that I decided to run for the board last year because I wanted to be a part of the solution and not add to the problems,but was met with nothing but negativity...I have no desire to bash you as you have done a great job to date, but I feel that I have a right to chime in on this thread as I too am being bashed so I wanted the "whole" truth to come out...I will not be participating this year as the dates conflict with the BCA trade show, and I am commited to being there for business....I wish you and the board of CBSA good luck for this year's event.