Whats your pool dream?

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For years, it was to play pool in a grocery store. I was able to live that dream in 2008. Only had to move once to let a shopper get something from the shelf beside the table.

Small town tournament with a table wherever they could put one.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Thats cool!

For years, it was to play pool in a grocery store. I was able to live that dream in 2008. Only had to move once to let a shopper get something from the shelf beside the table.

Small town tournament with a table wherever they could put one.

I think my current one is I hit the lottery and buy the building and put the room in make the rent payments to myself......and I charge pool teams a couple of bucks extra to play out of there.....you should pay something for perfect equipment.

AngryTurtle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
24B4CB6E00000578-2911190-image-a-22_1421310533477.jpg

:D

Good story bro, but what that got to do with pool?

AlienObserver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dreams:

1: Stop missing balls that I shouldn't miss.
2: Own a pool table

(3: Find a girl who likes to play with me)

nicksaint26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My dream is that there would be a professional pool league like the NFL, NBA, MLB etc and I would be commissioner. The league matches would take place at a pool hall that I would own. Maybe start with 10 teams and have 10 captains pick 5 players on their team each. They would then play matches similar to the APA format where 5 players play a week against the other team allowing the captains to match the players up. They would receive points for each match won.

I would love to be able to do something like fantasy football except we would be picking pool players. You could have a team like the British Bulldogs with Appleton, Shaw, Boyes etc. That's my dream!

Last edited:

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
My dream would actually be two fold. First would be to win the Power Ball prize when it is up to like 800 million. The single payout I figure would be about 500 million or something like that. I would then like to sponsor a an event similar to the Superbowl or the World Series where it wasn't just one event but about 10 days or a week of stuff and run it side by side with a bunch of amateur events and a similar event like a dart event. Pro- Ams, Celebrity events, Sports Celebs events, Master classes, vendors, local food vendor, local breweries, many Pro events: 8 Ball, 9 Ball, 10 Ball, 1 Pocket, Banks, and whatever else there is, Challenge matches, Team events, Ladies events, culminating in a Open Pro 9 Ball event with a true million dollar payout.
I'd like to be able to have a funding account that could be verified at any time just so all the player invitees knew it was a serious thing and every player invitee would receive their entry fee plus a token amount back upon arrival ($500 or something like that).
All I want is access and the best seat to everything, to meet everyone and take photos, to make the prize presentations, and to have the best Hawaiian shirt at the opening party the night before it started. I wouldn't even want to play.
That's my pool dream

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know, after all is said and done, I really don't think anyone did better -- as far as describing a pool player's dream -- than Arnold Roth.

Roth was a cartoonist for "The New Yorker," "TV Guide," "Esquire," and "Sports Illustrated." And in 1970, in a piece simply entitled "Pool," he gloriously captured, on a two-page spread, what we all, deep down in our soul of souls dream of: running 1,000 before a crowd that includes royalty and beautiful women; there's a huge trophy to be had; cheerleaders dance; a cannon goes off as we clear the table of multiple balls with one stroke; and our opponent gnashes his teeth and breaks his pool cue over his knee.

THAT as Roth called it, is truly "A Pool Shooter's Dream."

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• IMG_1495.jpg
    IMG_1495.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 145

ru4au2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm gonna need 3 shaved squirrels some mayonnaise some cellophane Jessica Alba and Megan Fox...I'm gonna have to raise George Balabushka from the dead and a KX 250 dirt bike....is that too much info

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Leave off the mayo

I'm gonna need 3 shaved squirrels some mayonnaise some cellophane Jessica Alba and Megan Fox...I'm gonna have to raise George Balabushka from the dead and a KX 250 dirt bike....is that too much info

Leave off the mayo!

efirkey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lately my pool dream would be to walk into a poolroom and to have it be completely full of pool players and have every table going. There would be a couple of ring games going on and little bit of action. And the place would be busy all night long.

It used to be this way 15 years ago...

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
  1. Running 30 balls in straight pool.
  2. I got to live out #2, which was, in a way, to help me with goal #1: I met and had a multiple hour lesson with Mike Sigel, who, in spite of what the haters say, is cool AF.

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my pool dream, I am trying to match up a fair 1P game with JoeyA....He wants me to stand on my head, and shoot one handed...I agree, and proceed to beat him six in a row!..He is livid so I agree to adjust, playing him the same way, plus giving him 8/6 and the break..I also agree to let his $5 a game stakehorse, John Barton, coach him! (this could offset any weight given :p)

This proves to be about an even game, but after an hour or so of see-sawing, it is closing time!...Barton is almost suicidal, and Joey is so frustrated he knocks himself out banging his head against the wall, and I have to rifle through his pockets for his portion of the time

PS..It was all so very life-like..I'm not real sure it was actually a dream? :D :D

Last edited: