Hurricane VS Predator Cues

Bigdaddy74

Registered
Which is a better cue?

I've played with the Predators and really like them. Willing to try a Hurricane, just don't know anything about them.

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which is a better cue?

I've played with the Predators and really like them. Willing to try a Hurricane, just don't know anything about them.
First I've heard of them. Looking forward to the responses.

Be prepared for some saying low deflection is against the church and you need to bathe a solid maple shaft in holy water for 3 days to get the demons out of your stroke

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hurricane Cues are made in the Charleston, SC area. I've seen a few and they seem well made and liked by those who have them.
Aside from the maple vs low deflection shaft choice, I'd recommend buying what you like better in the design. If you like the Hurricane cue, a low deflection shaft can always be added later.

mistamikel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First I've heard of them. Looking forward to the responses.

Be prepared for some saying low deflection is against the church and you need to bathe a solid maple shaft in holy water for 3 days to get the demons out of your stroke

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Did that to my Venom2 shaft after I took it down to 12mm....... I shoot better, bit I still have this incredible cracking problem in my neck......

brentinps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have nothing against hurricane... I would just think about which cue you think may hold its value better should you change your mind or see another cue you like. It happens a lot!

You start with one cue and then.....

If you buy a predator used you can find the all the time on E-bay after the first owner meticulously cares for it and takes the hit. I would buy that. Simply because they have a larger following it will be the shaft (more readily available used) and tip that decides how well you will like the hit.

My 2 cents. Best of luck.

dbrown

Registered
I play with a hurricane cue and so does my wife. I also have a break jump cue made by hurricane. Love the hit on my playing cue, break stick everyone I let break with It wont's to by it. Whitey makes a dam good cue for the money would not sell mine for any amount. GO HURRICANE!!!!

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Better in what regard?

Hurricane cues are US custom cues. Predator are Asian mass produced.

If you prefer Predator shafts and want a custom, the maker can probably just use a Predator black and match it. If you buy a Hurricane cue and want a Predator shaft, then get a Predator shaft for it.

Personally, if I were a Predator guy, I would probably just be using their shafts on whatever butt I liked.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Better in what regard?

Hurricane cues are US custom cues. Predator are Asian mass produced.

If you prefer Predator shafts and want a custom, the maker can probably just use a Predator black and match it. If you buy a Hurricane cue and want a Predator shaft, then get a Predator shaft for it.

Personally, if I were a Predator guy, I would probably just be using their shafts on whatever butt I liked.

I hear ya Doc, but u do realize that most sports equipment, is made overseas, and most college players use it to perfection, as do many of the pros. Only the top pros get their stuff tweak to their liking...most baseball players are using a glove right off the shelf ;)

Last edited:

Dedeye1209

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jim "Whitey" Spach makes Hurricane...

"Whitey" is one of the best kept secrets in pool as far as cuemakers go. His cues are very reasonably priced, very high quality, and hit very well.

I've had the same experience with my j/b as above. Everyone I let try it tries to buy it from me. I've had it for ten years and can't think of any reason I would want to sell it.

Jim Spach is semi-retired. He fishes, plays golf, and makes cues.

If I were you, I would have Whitey make me a cue to order, with a Predator joint pin, so you could add a shaft to it, or let Whitey finish an LD blank to match your new Hurricane. You will not be disappointed.

Good luck,
Brad

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hear ya Doc, but u do realize that most sports equipment, is made overseas, and most college players use it to perfection, as do many of the pros. Only the top pros get their stuff tweeak be uae the can, most baseball pkayers are using a glove right off the shelf ;)

Yup.

But I am not any one of them, college player nor pro. I am more of a cue guy than a player anymore. If you dig cues then have a nice one that you like...or more...whatever kind that might be.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Yup.

But I am not any one of them, college player nor pro. I am more of a cue guy than a player anymore. If you dig cues then have a nice one that you like...or more...whatever kind that might be.

I agree, but things don't have to be custom to be nice ;)