Can anyone enlighten me about Diamond's retail business model and pricing?

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm having a little trouble understanding your post. Are you saying that the materials used in Diamond's 9 foot tables are better or worse than the other sizes?

I did not say directly if they were worse or better just they are different. The 9 ft Pro-am has Artemis cushions that are 100 percent gum rubber and carry a 35 year warranty. The 7 ft pro-a, has diamond black cushions that are extruded rubber and have a 7 year warranty. The Black diamonds will not rebound as fast as the Artemis.

Zims Rack

Promoting the Cueing Arts
Silver Member
The price I was quoted from Diamond was pretty far off of what I ended up paying elsewhere. Here's how it went down:

-Called Diamond and left a message telling them I wanted a 9' ProAm.
-Received a phone call the same day directing me to their "authorized dealer" closest to my home.
-Called the guy and left him a message telling him I wanted a 9' Diamond.

***I'm not super savvy about tables, but in all of my searches for used Diamond tables I kept seeing the terms "red label" and "blue label" pop up. I thought I knew the difference, but decided to ask the dealer to be sure.

-Dude calls me up and asks what kind of Diamond table I want. I asked him to please explain the difference between red and blue labels. He had no idea what I was talking about, told me "a Diamond is a Diamond". Gave me a quote on a new 9' Diamond ProAm. Told him I'd let him know.

-Shopped around and got the same table, along with ball cleaner, upgrade on balls, cue rack, other misc. items, with tax, delivery and install for the same price dude quoted me for just the table.

I'm thinking that whoever the "authorized dealer" was that I was forwarded to is dumb.
Can you PM me who you bought it from, what exactly you bought and the price?
Thanks!