It ain’t easy......

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Pool is so simple it’s amazing how hard it is. This notion that any aiming or sighting methodology is the only necssary component needed to play consistent pool is just stupid.

Consistency is all based on the person, the human behind the stick, not the stick, the human determining where to put the balls, not the method used to do so.

The human factor is the only reason there is inconsistency between players. That’s it. Nothing more.

It is so sad that there are so many unaware of this, or just plain ignore it in order to make useless points.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool is so simple it’s amazing how hard it is. This notion that any aiming or sighting methodology is the only necssary component needed to play consistent pool is just stupid.

Consistency is all based on the person, the human behind the stick, not the stick, the human determining where to put the balls, not the method used to do so.

The human factor is the only reason there is inconsistency between players. That’s it. Nothing more.

It is so sad that there are so many unaware of this, or just plain ignore it in order to make useless points.

I've said the same thing all along.

Either you can do it, you can partially do it, or you can't do it.

Some people will just never be good pool players, no matter how hard they try. The same goes for other sports and, pretty much, anything in general.

If you can see like an eagle, but can't hold a stick, you are going to suck at pool.

If you can wield a mighty cue, but can't see very well, you are probably going to suck, too.

It ALL goes TOGETHER.

If you can do one thing better than another, you maybe can compensate a bit for the skill that is lacking, but you'll never be Mosconi. For example, you can be a great shot maker, but your cue ball control sucks.

Being able to look at the shot and "see it" and then bending over and "doing it" aren't always going to work out together.

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Some years ago, I was in the security industry and got to understands locks and how to pick them.

One day a locksmith was having a fit trying to pick open this lock that had a side bar on the cylinder. He finally got it and was proud, chest thumping, how no one else could do it, how good he was.....just bragging to no end.

I relocked it, and ask......”You only did it once, do it again just to see how good you are.” He tried for a bit, got pissed off and left the room.

I had it picked open before he got back.......and was quicker at it.

The point is........a person may try something new, and there is a short term rise in their consistency, but it doesn’t stay there for some reason.

I’m sure any long term player had days when they can’t miss, days when it all goes wrong.

The human factor.........

The over 600 run recently is truely a amazing achievement because of the consistency needed to do so which came from the human factor.

Nothing eliminates the human factor.