100 year old Brunswick Old Mission B restoration

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks!! I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. Can you tell??

And rightfully so! Very, very well done. Not to beat the bridge head to death, but if those little rubber doodads fall off, they hide very sharp pins. I sold the farm and bought a typically overpriced Kamui head, and I find it's not too stable. Spent five bucks on the moosehead plastic one, and I think it's one of the best.

pupdog1243

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK FINE. I just spent another 1.44 to buy a moose head!! Anybody want a picture? I still think its funny that I wrote all of this with pictures and restored a beautiful Brunswick table and we are talking about a $2 bridge head!!

Last edited:

pupdog1243

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this better??

Attachments

• $T2eC16RHJGYE9nooh7slBR+9Nhwftw~~60_12.JPG
    $T2eC16RHJGYE9nooh7slBR+9Nhwftw~~60_12.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 569

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
That is one beautiful bridge! Congratuations and I wish you many happy years playing with that bridge. They just don't make bridges like that anymore. I sure wish I could afford one!

NitPicker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well done on the restoration, it looks fantastic! I've played on several of those Brunswick Monarch's and they play quite nice. From what I understand, those 100 yr old tables are often easier to service than 30 yr old GC's. I see you have a Brunswick table tennis top, I could get into that too. A lifetime of good times right there...enjoy!!

pupdog1243

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is one beautiful bridge! Congratuations and I wish you many happy years playing with that bridge. They just don't make bridges like that anymore. I sure wish I could afford one!

I've got one I'll sell u cheap!! How's $5? Thanks man..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pupdog1243

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well done on the restoration, it looks fantastic! I've played on several of those Brunswick Monarch's and they play quite nice. From what I understand, those 100 yr old tables are often easier to service than 30 yr old GC's. I see you have a Brunswick table tennis top, I could get into that too. A lifetime of good times right there...enjoy!!

Thanks. The kids had to have a ping pong topper. And I wanted to get rid of the piece of junk one we had in the garage. Yes, they play great when done right. And yes, they are pretty easy to work on, if you've got the tools. The angles are almost dead on and I'm getting nice banks on the older cushions (They have been replaced in the past).

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member

Yup, that is a good-looking bridge! Accessorize that bridge with a 100-yr old Brunswick Mission B table option (you have to check the options box to get this optional accessory at the time of purchase of the bridge head), and you've got a complete kit! You'll enjoy playing with that bridge, and the table will provide a solid foundation underneath that bridge for years to come.

;) :p :thumbup:
-Sean

stutz

did you call that?
Silver Member
what do you plan to do for lighting? I'd hate to not be able to see that pretty bridge head with improper lighting

pupdog1243

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's pretty good. I actually chuckled at bull winkle.

Lighting- there are actually two can lights directly above. I bought a vintage stained glass light to go over it but am second guessing that as there are no shadows on the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the table looks great to me
i wish i were handy,it must be a great feeling to do something like this

i love the old mission look and your restoration deserves some applause

what a great deal,only $1000 or so and you have a great old mission style brunswick

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To the OP...Sorry, it is a beautiful table and very well done. I'm glad you're up and playing on it. Bob is right about the rubber covers, and they do come off too damn easily. I'd hate to see your cloth screwed up if that happened, which is the only reason I mentioned it in the first place. :grin: The Batman/moosehead bridge heads couldn't do that.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

And rightfully so! Very, very well done. I Not to beat the bridge head to death, but if those little rubber doodads fall off, they hide very sharp pins. Spent five bucks on the moosehead plastic one, and I think it's one of the best.

Diogenes

Silver Member
OK FINE. I just spent another 1.44 to buy a moose head!! Anybody want a picture? I still think its funny that I wrote all of this with pictures and restored a beautiful Brunswick table and we are talking about a $2 bridge head!!

I have enjoyed this thread. This build is a complement to the love of the game...
Now lets talk some more about that bridge...

Just kidding, although as a table owner myself who is really OCD about how my table looks and plays, I'm not surprised at all of the after dinner conversation over what is hanging under the table. Those experienced with that older style bridge head (and what lurks beyond those rubber feet) will see this beautiful table for all of it's glory... then cringe at the thought of it being defaced by a brass villain. However, the classic look of that bridge would make for a nice display somewhere in the room.
To the OP... as patient as you were over this build and all of the thought that you put into it, we may also see a break cloth and a no jump shot rule in your future.
Enjoy that trophy table... and that MooseHead bridge.

pupdog1243

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To the OP...Sorry, it is a beautiful table and very well done. I'm glad you're up and playing on it. Bob is right about the rubber covers, and they do come off too damn easily. I'd hate to see your cloth screwed up if that happened, which is the only reason I mentioned it in the first place. :grin: The Batman/moosehead bridge heads couldn't do that.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

No worries. Thank you. I do appreciate the advice on the bridge. I just couldn't help myself poking at you a little and it was done in fun. I never knew that about the brass bridges. I have only had the aluminum type in the past. I just thought the brass looked good given the age of the table. Function over form!!

Mooneye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love your table, great job! I think the brass bridge goes great with the table, too.

pupdog1243

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks guys. I have already established a no jump and no masse rule! advice on the break cloth size?

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Thanks guys. I have already established a no jump and no masse rule! advice on the break cloth size?

For a break cloth I recommend using the super-thin microfiber cloth used for cleaning eyeglasses. It's much, much thinner than a scrap piece of table cloth.

Here it is up next to Simonis 860:

(hard to tell from the photo but it's about 1/3 as thick as the 860)

The piece I use is about 3" x 3" which is more than enough.

Attachments

• microfiber vs 860.jpg
    microfiber vs 860.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 376
Last edited: