"Deservin's got nothin' to do with it"

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
On a 130 on a Diamond (and only 27 balls away from removing a certain affable and talented German from the high run board at Society Billiards), and here is what happens:

CueTable Help

Was anything dead? I have no idea. As soon as the 15 took its last rotation, I one-handed launched the cueball straight off the table. Lol. Being frozen between a ball and a rail, nowhere near the rack area, is something I'm not even sure I've ever seen before on a break shot.

Here's to a better New Year!

- Steve

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
WOW Stevie, thats just not right... I thought i was the only one to get those kinda bad rolls...

still a great run non the less...

same goes here, had a good day of practice with some solid runs. and i am looking forward to shooting into 2011 with confidence !!!

-Steve

sausage

Banned
oh, that's brutal.... BUT, since you were playing the ghost and sooo close to a house record, you should have taken a poke at something. if the table were left exactly as shown, you may have been able (allah willing) to throw that 15 into the 13 for a combo in the corner. (i've made that shot before...) also you could try to push the cue on line for the 2 in the corner or the 7 in the side or even the 3 in the corner.

berniep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On a 130 on a Diamond (and only 27 balls away from removing a certain affable and talented German from the high run board at Society Billiards), and here is what happens:

CueTable Help

Was anything dead? I have no idea. As soon as the 15 took its last rotation, I one-handed launched the cueball straight off the table. Lol. Being frozen between a ball and a rail, nowhere near the rack area, is something I'm not even sure I've ever seen before on a break shot.

Here's to a better New Year!

- Steve

Hi Steve,

I don't believe in the Pool Gods but that was pretty chilly. The mathematical odds of you breaking the balls that good and not having a shot are definitely remote.

Btw, is that your high run on a Diamond?

Bernie.

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
Yuck :frown:
Horrible bad roll there. But good luck with the next run, that's what 14.1 is all about: being persistent. :wink:

Steve Lipsky

Silver Member
oh, that's brutal.... BUT, since you were playing the ghost and sooo close to a house record, you should have taken a poke at something. if the table were left exactly as shown, you may have been able (allah willing) to throw that 15 into the 13 for a combo in the corner. (i've made that shot before...) also you could try to push the cue on line for the 2 in the corner or the 7 in the side or even the 3 in the corner.

Hi Sausage. Actually, it was in a league match. But no matter - call me a purist, but at this point, the run was over in my mind. Whatever I would possibly do from here to keep the run going would be too ludicrous to count towards a high run in my book, hehe.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that the cueball stopped in the position shown a full three or four seconds before the fifteen came and sat on top of it. In my mind, that somehow makes it worse than if the fifteen were there and the cueball rolled into that spot from behind...:grin:

- Steve

Steve Lipsky

Silver Member
Hi Steve,

I don't believe in the Pool Gods but that was pretty chilly. The mathematical odds of you breaking the balls that good and not having a shot are definitely remote.

Btw, is that your high run on a Diamond?

Bernie.

Hi Bernie. It's funny, until you asked that question, I hadn't thought of it. But yeah, I guess it's 130. :)

- Steve

brainbyte

Registered
How about....
maybe compress the rail ...15 in the opposite side pocket. can't tell how tight you are to the rail...
cross corner (reverse eng.) btw the 4 & 5
throw shot combination for the 8 in the corner.
one rail kick...15 in the side.

All stupid shots unless your on a 130 run. lol
What was the score at the time.