Another dealing with MIKE WEBB (Positive)

croscoe

Retired
Silver Member
Well this is a follow-up to a previous interaction with Mike..

I had asked Mike to make me a shaft and an extension....Well was over due and Mike was very apologetic and took full responsibility for not getting it out on time etc...I choose to cancel and he said Ok.

While on vacation in the N.Y. & DC area I chose to touch base again with him and am very glad I did. The man to his credit showed on ill attitude. I was going to stop by say hi check out his work....Hotel accommodation did not agree with my plan so I missed the opportunity as the family was with me.

Mike agreed to do the shaft and extension, saying 2 weeks. (heard that B4 :rolleyes: ).

Dam the man followed up on that along with 2 day shipment to the house .

VERY PLEASED with both items. along with interaction with MIKE . :thumbup:

liakos

Banned
Mike is the man!! His ability is second to no one! The work I have seen him accomplish is next to impossible!

That being said, some of us want our stuff asap. When you know you're dealing with an item that takes time, let it be! Especially with Mike, because at the end of the wait,,,, it will be VERY well worth it!

Could he be quicker?? Maybe, but I wouldn't change one thing. He makes the impossible possible PERIOD!!!!

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
glad you had a positive experience with mike
many others are not so lucky
its a shame
jmho icbw

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

I had asked Mike to make me a shaft and an extension....Well was over due and Mike was very apologetic and took full responsibility for not getting it out on time etc...I choose to cancel and he said Ok.

While on vacation in the N.Y. & DC area I chose to touch base again with him and am very glad I did. The man to his credit showed on ill attitude. I was going to stop by say hi check out his work....Hotel accommodation did not agree with my plan so I missed the opportunity as the family was with me.

Mike agreed to do the shaft and extension, saying 2 weeks. (heard that B4 :rolleyes: ).

He is trying to get on top and stay on top of things - I wish him well. We all want him to prosper. He did eventually come through for me too and did an absolutely amazing job.

jrackman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Webb has always dealt with class, is a class cue maker and with very nice prices for the consumer. I wish I never sold the extension cue I bought off him back in the mid 90's. I hope he is doing well these days
Jeff from the old 9-Ball Billiards Club in Ct.

Mikiemopa

pechauer dealer
Silver Member
glad you had a positive experience with mike
many others are not so lucky
its a shame
jmho icbw

It's not so much people haven't had a positive experience, it's just one man can only take so much on, and people don't like being told no I can't build that right now. he does this full time for a living , and repairs are what pays the bills, not new cue orders.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thank you, It was a pleasure rectifying things with you, Your a gentleman. I know you meant well posting this thread, but you really didn't need to. I have quite a ways to go and I'm working on it, should probably post some pictures for AZ but unfortunately that's not important to me. I'm not looking for praise nor am I looking for orders, I can't change what happened yesterday. only what happens tomorrow. Of course that will never be good eneogh for some people. I'm good with that too.

Larry:
I am truly sorry, things were out of my control and you don't need to know any more than that, but I do apologize.

Chris:
Sorry it took so long but in the end you were more than taken care of, If you want, I'll post the before and after pictures of the model M and exactly what it went thru using 95 percent of the original parts.

Eli:
As always, than you for your friendship and support,

Jeff:
I miss all of you in Ct. I don't get out anymore.

Mike:
Having you as a friend really got me thru some tough times, to bad your in PA. I wish you the absolute best in your journey learning Cue making. I'll show you anything you want to know.

For everyone's knowledge, I put my email back on line, webbcues@cox.net, 401-475-7030
If you want to talk about yesterday and be a dick about it. Save yourself the trouble. I work on yesterday, every day. I can't change it but I can repair it and I'm doing that. Don't pm, I won't be a constant visitor here, my quality has increased immensely, staying away from forums. Not counting my state of mind.
You all have a great day.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
First Mike has sent me some pics of some new forearms.. they all look great. Look at Mike like this, you can count the number of cuemakers that took an immense amount of heat and came through on one hand, even your a three fingered monkey... and Mike is one of those fingers. :thumbup:

JV

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Thank you, It was a pleasure rectifying things with you, Your a gentleman. I know you meant well posting this thread, but you really didn't need to. I have quite a ways to go and I'm working on it, should probably post some pictures for AZ but unfortunately that's not important to me. I'm not looking for praise nor am I looking for orders, I can't change what happened yesterday. only what happens tomorrow. Of course that will never be good eneogh for some people. I'm good with that too.

Larry:
I am truly sorry, things were out of my control and you don't need to know any more than that, but I do apologize.

Chris:
Sorry it took so long but in the end you were more than taken care of, If you want, I'll post the before and after pictures of the model M and exactly what it went thru using 95 percent of the original parts.

Eli:
As always, than you for your friendship and support,

Jeff:
I miss all of you in Ct. I don't get out anymore.

Mike:
Having you as a friend really got me thru some tough times, to bad your in PA. I wish you the absolute best in your journey learning Cue making. I'll show you anything you want to know.

For everyone's knowledge, I put my email back on line, webbcues@cox.net, 401-475-7030
If you want to talk about yesterday and be a dick about it. Save yourself the trouble. I work on yesterday, every day. I can't change it but I can repair it and I'm doing that. Don't pm, I won't be a constant visitor here, my quality has increased immensely, staying away from forums. Not counting my state of mind.
You all have a great day.

Welcome back to AZ Mike and best wishes.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome back to AZ Mike and best wishes.

Thank you but no Chris, I'm not back. I miss some of the people here but not many. I also miss helping some of the people who want to learn the right way. There is not one person who can say I solicited them. All I ever wanted to be was a member. The negativity that exist and goes on here and especially the Cue maker section is absolutely rediculous. Part time and wanna be cue makers attacking cue makers and having continuous pissing contest. WHERE DO THEY FIND THE TIME. The most disrespectful thing I've ever seen.
So no, I'm not back at all. I addressed what needed to be addressed, nothing more.

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member
The only thing better than Mike's cue work is his knowledge and passion for making great cues, okay that's technically two things but you get the gist of it. The guy works magic and will tell you when he can or can't do something, then he'll give you the best suggestion or opinion on how to accomplish what you need done. I wish every cuemaker was like Mike Webb, I sincerely do.

Neil

croscoe

Retired
Silver Member
Well I didn't know Mike was back on the forum. But as such glad you saw the post first hand.

. Life send all of us through tough times.

. I much prefer a person that is a bit brash & not politically correct vs someone that tells you what you want to hear.

. Mike...best of luck and thanks again.